• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Given time he will get them playing. I'm sure of it.

I may have to check it out then Fady!! Are you still playing Prince of Persia?

@Dc :) You should, it was a pleasant surprise! Yes, I'm nearing the end of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. Never got around playing it until now. Have you ever played the series?

It'll be exciting for Chelsea fans to see how AVB does at White Heart Lane. He better not work his high line mentality onto the club and dent their chances though. That stuff sucks.

Arnie

Given time he will get them playing. I'm sure of it.

I may have to check it out then Fady!! Are you still playing Prince of Persia?
I'm not sure of anything in that regard. Some of the mistakes he made at Chelsea weren't time related, they were just fucking stupid.

Sadly, I have to agree.

Bobby Charlton
Bobby Moore
Steven Gerrard (yes)
Ashley Cole
Rio Ferdinand
Paul Scholes
John Terry (yes)
Tom Cleverly
Glen Hoddle
Matt le Tissier
Alan Shearer
Robbie Fowler (debatable)

And that's before we even get started on the Tom Finneys, and I'm sure I've missed a fair few from the more modern era.

dc89

@Dc :) You should, it was a pleasant surprise! Yes, I'm nearing the end of Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones. Never got around playing it until now. Have you ever played the series?

It'll be exciting for Chelsea fans to see how AVB does at White Heart Lane. He better not work his high line mentality onto the club and dent their chances though. That stuff sucks.

Yeah! Prince of Persia games are usually quality I loved the art in the cel shades one!

I'm not sure of anything in that regard. Some of the mistakes he made at Chelsea weren't time related, they were just fucking stupid.

Yeah he made mistakes but he wasn't given the time.

Bobby Charlton
Bobby Moore
Steven Gerrard (yes)
Ashley Cole
Rio Ferdinand
Paul Scholes
John Terry (yes)
Tom Cleverly
Glen Hoddle
Matt le Tissier

And that's before we even get started on the Tom Finneys, and I'm sure I've missed a fair few from the more modern era.

OH GOD! I didn't know it meant ever! Well no, he's not.

Cleverley shouldn't be on that list yet. He's not proven enough.

Colin Bell is another quality English player.

Splatt

Thanks for the info Fady and dc (or, well, lack of info :p)

Would be interesting if Chelsea managed to get Hulk. Wonder where that would leave Torres.

dc89

Thanks for the info Fady and dc (or, well, lack of info :p)

Would be interesting if Chelsea managed to get Hulk. Wonder where that would leave Torres.

Yeah! Tricky. Now Drogba has gone he should play more.

Torres is a confidence player it seems, at least he's become one since joining Chelsea, he needs a run of games and he needs to play even if he is playing poorly

Arnie

If AVB looked like Dirk Kuyt and originated from Belgium theres no way he'd have been afforded the Spurs job after how he handled things at Chelsea.

Torres should just do the sensible thing and come back to Liverpool. If any manager can build a system to benefit him, like Rafa did, it's Rodgers in my opinion.

faridmon

I just found out about this Norwegian band, Motorpsycho. They've been keeping me awake way too long right now.

Yeah, they are great and really popular in Norway. However, they are quite unknown outside Norway. While you are at it, check out Span and Turbonegro. They are amazing.

Kyoufu

Wonder where that would leave Torres.

He should come to Newcastle. A club with passion. He'll score goals like he did in his Liverpool days.

Twitter says Spurs have had their bid accepted for Lewadowski.

Fucking London clubs buying their way to the top... /bitter

Splatt

Yeah! Tricky. Now Drogba has gone he should play more.

Torres is a confidence player it seems, at least he's become one since joining Chelsea, he needs a run of games and he needs to play even if he is playing poorly

I think he needs a player like Gerrard behind him, who will feed him balls and draw away opposition players. He will never have the pace he had back in his glory days at Liverpool, but he's still an excellent poacher and knows how to handle the ball.

Maybe Mata could be that player, now that Chelsea have gotten new wingers in Hazard and Marin.

Zabojnik

Hello everyone, i just got my account validated yesterday. I still don't understand why Wenger didn't go after Vertonghen. He can play LB and CB spots both places effectively and that is where we need strengthening. Hopefully, Arsenal signs a DM or a CB before the transfer window is over and do that rvp + cash deal for Villa would be amazing. Also, First time seeing Juve fans in an english forum. Most of the forums, I go to are filled with EPL and Barca/Madrid fans. It's nice to see some serie A people for once, but too bad i'm a Torino fan. FORZA TORO!!

A Toro fan?! Damn, you must be close to retirement age! Joking, joking. :p Welcome! Finally a potential nemesis for us Juve fans? TheLucifer is too much of a gentleman, while Inter fans are nowhere to be seen. Truth be told I'm actually glad the Granata finally made it back to Serie A, I really miss the derby. Hopefully you guys will be able to get together a decent squad and avoid relegation. We need those 6 easy points from you. :D

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. Obligatory Maresca welcome photo:

image4.jpg

Seriously though, you're very welcome here!

dc89

I think he needs a player like Gerrard behind him, who will feed him balls and draw away opposition players. He will never have the pace he had back in his glory days at Liverpool, but he's still an excellent poacher and knows how to handle the ball.

Yeah the ball has to be threaded to him, he's best running on to the ball. Chelsea have Mata who can do that, but if he had a bad game it resulted in Torres having a bad game.

Be interesting to see how Torres and Hazard play.

Arnie

Go away. You're only getting one of them and he's the old injury prone one with a single good season under his belt.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Just me or Andy Murray's hair was thicker 30 minutes ago?

And welcome Timurid! Torino AND Zeman next season, dear lord...
12 points.

charlie-sheen-roast-evil-laugh-photo_532x305.jpg

0 :(

I do like Example but how did you come to know this?

I'm watching you...Farhat.

I figured, based on that song you posted on twitter
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/9341/robinvp.jpg/IMG]

Damiao.

[IMG][B][url]http://kuwaitiful.com[/url][/B]/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Sarcastic-Smiley-Face.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Give me Weird Al god dammit!

[spoiler]Kuwaitiful haha?[/spoiler]

[quote=Arnie]Go away. You're only getting one of them and he's the old injury prone[B] one with a single good season under his belt[/B].[/quote]

EXCUSE ME! It's 1.5 season!

dc89

MGS2 Livestream, just started in aid of Child's Play. European Extreme, no radar, no rations, no alerts, no kills

http://www.twitch.tv/drk29

Decent watch while Wimbledon's delayed

There should have been moar Tanker! And I remember the trailers showing Snake running down the corridors escaping, that should have been in!

Just watched a bit then and my GF asks 'is that Solid Snape?'. LOL.

There should have been moar Tanker! And I remember the trailers showing Snake running down the corridors escaping, that should have been in!

Just watched a bit then and my GF asks 'is that Solid Snape?'. LOL.

I want your girlfriend if she likes MGS (a bit) and Harry Potter :p

faridmon

While waiting for Federer to continue his victory, one should listen to Baroness' new record.

This is my devil's post (666) :p

Sorry. I am enjoying the new Kreator Album (Phantom Antichrist) to bother with anything else that is Metal these days. Soo Good!

:p

Also, Sludge Metal isn't My stuff. Give me a good Death, Thrash or MeloDeath and I am bloody there Day 1.

Linius

Sorry. I am enjoying the new Kreator Album (Phantom Antichrist) to bother with anything else that is Metal these days. Soo Good!

:p

Also, Sludge Metal isn't My stuff. Give me a good Death, Thrash or MeloDeath and I am bloody there Day 1.
I'm sorry too, I'm far from a metalhead and this new Baroness record is anything except metal :p

Some hardcore Baroness fans expected the band to lose many fans but gain a bunch new ones too (like me).

Kyoufu

I just pulled the trigger on a Samsung Galaxy S3. Essentially a free phone thanks to Balotelli and Van Gaal.

Slizz if you're around, how you getting on with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom