• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Zola has been appointed manager of Watford, whose take-over was orchestrated by Scott Duxbury (the man whose clerical mistake cost West Ham millions in the Tevez affair) and whose technical director is Gianluca Nani (the man whose dodgy dealings with clubs like Brescia cost West Ham millions in unpaid fees). I wish all the best for Watford and Zola, as he's a class act and without a doubt one of the nicest blokes in football, and it will be nice to see what he can do with the backing of owners who have real cash to spend, but it's annoying to see those slimes Duxbury and Nani back in places of power in another English football club. Hope they do a better job of serving the interests of their club than they did at West Ham.

dc89

Owen, like many men, blew his load too early.

Yup. Feels like he's been around forever.

I don't want the same to happen to Wilshere or Cleverley (hmm, do I?) cause they are good players. But the injuries they both pick up we not promising!

Balotelli was the same, he had a bad knee problem two seasons ago and needed surgery on it a few times. Mancini was worried about it but luckily he went all last season without a flare up so hopefully he is sorted now!

So, Magic Mike was good. Obviously it was about more than just make strippers. However, there were lots of giggly women in the theatre and one women said to me and her gf that she couldn't believe my gf could get a boy to come. I guess that's what happens when people don't give a shit about who directs movies and such. I think Channing Tatum is a good actor, and while there were some things that I felt weren't needed or fleshed out properly it was overall a great experience. I'd see it again, but not in the theater with dumb women. (I can't believe I feel the need to disclaim this but I'm not generalizing that all women are dumb, rather I wouldn't want to be in the theater again with women who also happen to be dumb.)

Clegg

Yup. Feels like he's been around forever.

I don't want the same to happen to Wilshere or Cleverley (hmm, do I?) cause they are good players. But the injuries they both pick up we not promising!

Balotelli was the same, he had a bad knee problem two seasons ago and needed surgery on it a few times. Mancini was worried about it but luckily he went all last season without a flare up so hopefully he is sorted now!

Thats not the story I've heard.

Wilsheres been a naughty boy.

Kyoufu

I see Zola has been appointed manager of Watford, whose take-over was orchestrated by Scott Duxbury (the man whose clerical mistake cost West Ham millions in the Tevez affair) and whose technical director is Gianluca Nani (the man whose dodgy dealings with clubs like Brescia cost West Ham millions in unpaid fees). I wish all the best for Watford and Zola, as he's a class act and without a doubt one of the nicest blokes in football, and it will be nice to see what he can do with the backing of owners who have real cash to spend, but it's annoying to see those slimes Duxbury and Nani back in places of power in another English football club. Hope they do a better job of serving the interests of their club than they did at West Ham.

I hear your manager is a crook.

Salazar

Angelo Henriquez with a baby in a United kit.

qKpAz.jpg

C'mon SAF. Let's bring him over. He'll cost nowt.

K1LLER7

Fergie sign him up! (bet the kids got Bebe on the back)

Just read on goal that Kagawa might miss the start of pre-season because he hasn't got his work permit yet. This true?

I hear your manager is a crook.

Innocent until proven guilty. I hear your manager had an affair with a player's wife, and a receptionist, before forcing said player out of the club and then getting a court injunction against the Daily Mail to keep them from telling the world what a sleaze bag he is/was. Lol.

For all this ex-agents recent claims about Allardyce among his various twitter rants, it's rather surprising that none of the media have run with the story yet. Bet that's pissing him off - he was probably hoping for some free publicity for his upcoming book.

Salazar

Innocent until proven guilty. I hear your manager had an affair with a player's wife, and a receptionist, before forcing said player out of the club and then getting a court injunction against the Daily Mail to keep them from telling the world what a sleaze bag he is/was. Lol.

Wandering Hands Pardew is so hilarious to me.

qindarka

Banned
Just out of interest, why does everyone here make fun of Bebe so much? I know his signing was rather ill advised but was he really that bad when he did play. Didn't watch much of United in 10/11.

Kyoufu

For all this ex-agents recent claims about Allardyce among his various twitter rants, it's rather surprising that none of the media have run with the story yet. Bet that's pissing him off - he was probably hoping for some free publicity for his upcoming book.

The funny thing here is, everyone linked with West Ham is/has been dodgy as fuck.

Pardew
Fat Sham
Redknapp
etc

Kyoufu

Finally. It's so weird that we've signed players this early. Gylfi and Vertonghen, Fryers and Ade on the way. The top 4 fight is going to be amazing.

I admit I am very envious and jealous of your summer transfers. You guys are going to destroy poorer clubs. :(

And I fully expect you to do Arsenal and even give Chelsea good competition.

Pardew
Fat Sham
Redknapp
etc

I like how you put the 'etc' there, as if to imply that our string of dodgy managers goes any further back that Harry.

Billy Bonds.
John Lyall.
Ron Greenwood.

Also, nothing dodgy about Zola, Avram, Macari or Roeder. They were just all a bit shit.

Salazar said:
Wandering Hands Pardew is so hilarious to me.

Seriously. It was almost unbelievable, right up to the point when he took out an injunction.

Kyoufu

I like how you put the 'etc' there, as if to imply that our string of dodgy managers goes any further back that Harry.

Billy Bonds.
John Lyall.
Ron Greenwood.

Also, nothing dodgy about Zola, Avram, Macari or Roeder. They were just all a bit shit.

Seriously. It was almost unbelievable, right up to the point when he took out an injunction.

I didn't say managers!

And of course Ajax TV need to do an emotional video of Vertonghen leaving. Fuck you video editors ;(

http://www.ajax.nl/Ajax-TV.htm

I wish he came to us instead. Our back line would have been awesome :(

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nicolas Anelka was confronted by some enraged Chinese fans at his Shanghai hotel after not bowing following a 1-0 defeat to the bottom team.

Elia to Werder Bremen for €6.5m is nearly done.

Ashes

Banned
Who will win?
Murray - ashes, kyoufu?
Federer - Salazar, viva! Tim, Phoenix, labadel

Supporting

Murray - footie gaf bar Salazar. / so ashes, viva, dc, bootaaay, Phoenix, free, Willikill, and killer.
Federer - Salazar, Kyoufu

Hoping Andy wins this, can't stand Federer.

I didn't say managers!

Right you are, I should have paid more attention to the other part of your post;

"The funny thing here is, everyone linked with West Ham is/has been dodgy as fuck."

As if to imply that the club is dodgy as fuck, rather than having misplaced its trust in some dodgy people. But, I guess we're always going to be seen as a bunch of pwoper East End wide-boys by some, lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Pescara president hits out at Juve for refusing to raise Verratti bid.

Translation:Y U no take bait?

Cool video of Jovetic. I can't believe he's 22, what a talented fucker.

Sorry about the music*.

*You're welcome Viva.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom