• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Just saw that bit yea, amazing line, but holy hell I'm starting to worry for these characters. I'll PM you my reaction, should be tomorrow. I take it I'm onto the last two now.

Last 3 eps.

When you get attached to characters, thats when shit gets awesome, because the stakes are so much higher.

Arnie

Last 3 eps.

When you get attached to characters, thats when shit gets awesome, because the stakes are so much higher.

These last few episodes as Jessie has been seeing that girl I've been screaming 'no,no,no,no' in my head. It's a recipe for absolute disaster.

Fry

I'm finally watching Assass. of Jesse James. Really enjoying it's slow pace so far.

Breaking Bad talk is never enough. You guys are way too behind though, we can't really have a nice conversation. And the new season is only one week away!

Salazar

I'm finally watching Assass. of Jesse James. Really enjoying it's slow pace so far.

Breaking Bad talk is never enough. You guys are way too behind though, we can't really have a nice conversation. And the new season is only one week away!

I have one ep to go in Season 3.

Arnie

Jesse has the most amazing arc for a character. I hated him in the beginning.

Same. And I dislike him because he's just my brother and it's infuriating to watch. My brother readily admits it, having watched the whole show so far, he even looks just like him. He's dabbled with drugs, says these stupid words that make me glare at him in disdain, wears these baggy clothes that he thinks are cool and I think are stupid. Etc.

Messi

Same. And I dislike him because he's just my brother and it's infuriating to watch. My brother readily admits it, having watched the whole show so far, he even looks just like him. He's dabbled with drugs, says these stupid words that make me glare at him in disdain, wears these baggy clothes that he thinks are cool and I think are stupid. Etc.

The clothes man...how the fuck does he think he looks cool?

When you see him outside of breaking bad well dressed he looks awesome.

Salazar

Futbol-GAF, buy Sakanaction's album KikuUiki.

It's fucking brilliant.

It's currently distracting me from the fact that nobody knows anything about our transfer activity. And we might not even be getting Baineses.

So, you have just watched 'Half Measures'? You're in for a treat.

Yep. God damn that ending.

Arnie

When you see him outside of breaking bad well dressed he looks awesome.

In fairness they're not, on the whole, anywhere as near as bad. I exaggerated there; but he does have a few odd selections in his wardrobe. It's when he wears any Ed Hardy clothes that I want to hide my face in embarrassment.

Ed Hardy clothing is imo fantastic. It's the easiest way to sort out people you never want to talk with without even engaging in conversation with them-

Salazar

QjUlW.gif
73s9J.gif

FrLYy.gif
cAsCk.gif

FRWNT 4 life.

Speaking of Breaking Bad, drug bust near me today.

A hydroponics shop as "cover" - really ? said:
Inspector Tim Trezise, of Gold Coast CIB, said the middle-aged couple were allegedly using a hydroponics shop as a 'cover' for the drug racket.

GorillaJu

For some reason in Japan, the opposite of OK is "NG." I suppose it means "no good."

I don't understand where they got this from, and why Japanese people insist on using it. It's certainly not an American custom - is NG used in the UK or other countries?

Zabojnik

That boring shower of shite called Mad Men.

Yet you are apparently really enjoying Assass. of Jesse James' slow pace, where - if I remember correctly, it's been a while - there isn't much going on for large parts of the movie. Dunno man, maybe you should give MM another chance. It's a fantastic show, more so in the later seasons.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
4.bild.jpg

Bayern interested in Pirlo????

*dramatic music* But is Pirlo interested in Bayern?

But really, again, we (almost) never sell our star players. Unless you want to pay 70m and we have capable substitutes in mind. :p

Or you know, if we're relegated again :(

GorillaJu

Still don't understand what was going through his mind when he decided to go to Juve. Juve is a great club and without a doubt the most attractive in Italy, but United is the biggest club in the world and all he had to do was bide his time. With the state of their midfield, appearances were all but guaranteed.

ATF487

Good film. I love the part where
Nick Cave is signing in the bar and mocking robert ford

Salazar

Still don't understand what was going through his mind when he decided to go to Juve.

Yeah. Think it comes down to impatience, which doesn't seem rational considering that going to an entirely new setup in a different country at a club with a better stock of midfield talent is more likely to slow than accelerate his progress.

He was definitely being shaped up for a loan spell - and that might have pissed him off, but a reserve player who insists on direct transition into the first team has bigtime problems. And a loan spell is inevitably waiting for him anyway.

Woodenlung shameful hater said:

Lightning

Banned
“If Van Persie leaves I’ll go to his house and sort him out myself,” Frimpong wrote on Twitter.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA. It's hard not to love Emmanuel Frimpong.

And I wish Wenger would stop being a tight ass and bring in Benayoun on a permanent deal. I think we would have gone a lot better if we had started him from the beginning of the season rather than wasting our time with Arshavin, out of form Gervinho, even tried Ramsey out wide before Benayoun. Why? Surely wouldn't cost that much and is an excellent squad player who has a fantastic attitude and shockingly knows how to score? Ok, so age is an issue but still doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. Fuck you Wenger. Chelsea would sell, player would be keen....

Timurid

“If Van Persie leaves I’ll go to his house and sort him out myself,” Frimpong wrote on Twitter.

And I wish Wenger would stop being a tight ass and bring in Benayoun on a permanent deal. I think we would have gone a lot better if we had started him from the beginning of the season rather than wasting our time with Arshavin, out of form Gervinho, even tried Ramsey out wide before Benayoun. Why? Surely wouldn't cost that much and is an excellent squad player who has a fantastic attitude and shockingly knows how to score? Ok, so age is an issue but still doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. Fuck you Wenger. Chelsea would sell, player would be keen....
Why do we need benayoun? Podolski can play the left side and we also have the ox who can play virtually any attacking position. We have Wilshere, who is coming back from injury and he can play any of the attacking midfield positions and also play at center mid. Ramsey is still recovering his skills since the incident. When we do sell RVP, hopefully Wenger puts the money into a DM. Also, calm down and take a breather.

Actually it's pretty easy, even easier after he tweeted that photo of a guy with his brain blown out naked on the ground. What a JT.

Lightning

Banned
Why do we need benayoun? Podolski can play the left side and we also have the ox who can play virtually any attacking position. We have Wilshere, who is coming back from injury and he can play any of the attacking midfield positions and also play at center mid. Ramsey is still recovering his skills since the incident. When we do sell RVP, hopefully Wenger puts the money into a DM. Also, calm down and take a breather.
Yeah, I don't think Podolski is going to work out too well on the left so we may start that way but I can't see that being a long term goer. He needs to be played through the middle and Chamberlain's future is also through the middle. Big question marks over Wilsheres fitness, won't be fit for the start of the season so I read and Ramsey is a squad player as well. He is a good plsyer but needs to learn how to score and he needs to make his decisions quicker. Hopefully he will have a break through season for us though.

Benayoun is an excellent squad player. He really is, can cover injuries, used as an impact sub and has a fantastic attitude and he fits in with how he play and can score.

I personally don't see a need for a DM unless it's M'Vila who can also cover for Arteta. Our squad fell apart when Arteta wasn't playing last season, Van Persie didn't make the slightest bit of difference, so cover for him is a top priority imo. Cover for Gibbs (who sucks at defending) and Sagna would be welcome as well.

Actually it's pretty easy, even easier after he tweeted that photo of a guy with his brain blown out naked on the ground. What a JT.
What are you talking about? He did that?

Carbonox

Farewell Peter Lovenkrands. He joined Birmingham today. A true fighter, even better than Leon Best.

That now leaves us with Demba Ba, Papiss Cisse and Shola Ameobi as our strikeforce. :lol

Just remembered Gary Hooper as someone I want Newcastle to take a punt on. I think he would be a very suitable and capable third-choice striker (though Pardew will always prioritise Ameobi for some odd reason) who is ready to step up to the Premier League.

WriterGK

We haven't signed Hulk yet, so the rumors are going to continue to spin until we sign someone.

I see. Kalou is also gone for free. So it means at the moment Chelsea only has Mata, Lukaku, Sturridge and Fernando Torres left as strikes. And Mata and Sturridge are more the winger types in my opinion. So it would be nice to sign at least Hulk or either RvP don't you think?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Man down!

Bayern have made an official statement on their website about Pirlo. "We did not make an offer and we did not talk with Juventus "

Also some interesting stats from Opta!

-The two players to make the most interceptions in Serie A last season were Lucio (140) and Chiellini (124).
-Andre Schürrle created more chances from open play (40) in the 2011-12 Bundesliga than any other Bayer Leverkusen player.

So Di Matteo has come out and told the papers that Torres isn't guaranteed to be the number one striker. That's a great way to instill confidence in your player.

Carbonox

So Di Matteo has come out and told the papers that Torres isn't guaranteed to be the number one striker. That's a great way to instill confidence in your player.

Yeah it's not great given Torres did fairly well in the Euro's (shit he accidentally got the Golden Boot :lol) and the latter stages of the season. Still, he's got some ways to go before he can regarded as Chelsea's main man for their adventure. Chelsea should still get a new striker to help solidify things.

That's why we have a so called 50+1 rule in the Bundesliga. Private investors can provide the majority of capital, but the voting majority always has to remain at the club (through preferred stock etc. if necessary).

Man down!

Bayern have made an official statement on their website about Pirlo. "We did not make an offer and we did not talk with Juventus "

Also some interesting stats from Opta!

-The two players to make the most interceptions in Serie A last season were Lucio (140) and Chiellini (124).
-Andre Schürrle created more chances from open play (40) in the 2011-12 Bundesliga than any other Bayer Leverkusen player.
yeah, Pirlo at Bayern sounded like a pre-Sammer, or even pre-Nerlinger move.
Schürrle still sucked though. Goes to show how bad Leverkusen has been this past season.

Maybe he just wants to attract a new striker with that statement who'd be reluctant to come knowing that Torres would always be preferred.

Salazar

Caveat: the Times muppets aren't exactly in sparkling form.

And nobody knows anything anyway.

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
And, as far as I know, the #LFC interest in Gaston Ramirez disappeared with Comolli. He's this year's Juan Mata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom