• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

I'm so close to starting FM...so so close...I just need to get through tonight and by the morning I won't be bothered. Must resist.

My mind is full of ideas and formations and transfer targets and training regimes and an empire of dominance #mourapowellfuture

Don't you want to buy Kagawa? Punish Pogba? Transfer list and fine him for no reason? Not sell when offers are made? You know you want to. Maybe sell Evra and buy a good left back?

K1LLER7

Ugly-Pepe.jpg

Now this is a face alot of people will want to punch (except madrid fans?)

Carbonox

Pepe has such a funny face it's hard to get mad at him. :lol He might be a JT but his JT-ness can be entertaining if I'm in the mood for some fucked up football.

Zabojnik

Is Verratti really worth £13m? Or is it just another rich club overpaying to land their guy? Other than YouTube, I've never seen the kid touch a ball. Not a lot of Serie B shown Stateside.

It's a bit of a mixed bag, I think. On one hand, the guy is young and cleary talented, has great vision and has been an assist machine for Pescara, his hometown team. Those who actually saw him play swear he's the real deal. One the other, there's the hype. Pirlo had an amazing season, but he isn't getting any younger, so everyone is out to find 'the next Pirlo'. Verratti fits the profile better than anybody else in Italy, so ...

Ancelotti basically 'invented' the current Pirlo and found him the definitive role / position, so it's no big surprise he wants someone like Verratti with him in Paris. Is he worth 14M€? No, I don' think so. Even 10M€ is stretching it for someone who hasn't played a single minute in Serie A and has one good / great season in Serie B on his CV. With Zeman no less, who is known for his one-season wonderboys. Anybody remember Chevanton? Yeah ... But hey, PSG can afford to overpay him and that's exactly what they're going to do.

I wish Marco all the best, but I don't think he's ready for a big team yet. The funny thing is he seems to feel the same way, seeing how he wanted to stay another year at Pescara, make his bones in Serie A and then move to Juve, hoping to, with time, fill Pirlo's shoes. I hope we're both proven wrong, because it will mean that I'll at least be able to enjoy watching him play for Italy. :)

Messi

Ugly-Pepe.jpg

Now this is a face alot of people will want to punch (except madrid fans?)

FUCK THAT STUPID C WORD. SERIOUSLY. I was fuming after that crap with Messi last year and how he got away with it so easily. I hate very few players. Infact he is the only Madrid player I dislike. You can quote me on that in a few months.

Messi

I was playing NBA 2K12 earlier against the heat and the commentators started talking about how Lebron James bought shares in Liverpool and wether or not it would be a distraction. Shit was amazing to me. Great game btw.

Hixx

The 50 Shades of Andy Gray twitter account (@50soandygray) is fucking brilliant.

""How will you do me?" she asks "Doggy? Missionary? Cowgirl?" She begs, craving his answer. He responds confidently, "The Makelele position"."

Lightning

Banned
RVP holds talks with Arsenal tomorrow. Crunch talks.
Hope it's to tell him to shut his mouth while we negotiate a transfer out of our club. He obviously won't stay so any further out bursts will only lower our fee so if he could please just be quiet while we go about our business like Cesc had the respect to do last season.

Well Arsenal have just signed his replacement.

A 17 year old striker, M'Baye NiangU.
Have we signed him? I thought it was just a trial. Big prospect so I would be happy with the signing.

Carbonox

The 50 Shades of Andy Gray twitter account (@50soandygray) is fucking brilliant.

""How will you do me?" she asks "Doggy? Missionary? Cowgirl?" She begs, craving his answer. He responds confidently, "The Makelele position"."

:lol :lol

"After the five hour romp, they shared a cigarette. "Was I any good?" she asked nervously. "You'd struggle on a cold night at The Britannia.""

dc89

Hope it's to tell him to shut his mouth while we negotiate a transfer out of our club. He obviously won't stay so any further out bursts will only lower our fee so if he could please just be quiet while we go about our business like Cesc had the respect to do last season.

Have we signed him? I thought it was just a trial. Big prospect so I would be happy with the signing.

A few transfer news people on Twitter have said its a permanent transfer.

If arsenal-Gaf had to pick, where would you prefer RVP to end up between Man United (if we were interested) and City?

That's like being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Surely they'd want to reunite him with his old pals though. City it is.

Lightning

Banned
If arsenal-Gaf had to pick, where would you prefer RVP to end up between Man United (if we were interested) and City?
United personally because as a club they don't piss me off as much. City would pay us more though so it's hard to say but united would be my choice between the Manchester clubs.

Lol why would we want to unite him with former arsenal players? The only advantage in a city sale is they will pay better than any other club.

Messi

I sense some bias in this post.

Who are Barca most likely to sign if we sign a center forward, a defensive mid and a center back?

K1LLER7

A few transfer news people on Twitter have said its a permanent transfer.

he wouldn't get into the city team imo, unless you want tevez or aguero on the bench/wing.

Lightning

Banned

GQman2121

Banned
he wouldn't get into the city team imo, unless you want tevez or aguero on the bench/wing.

I've been under the impression that the plan would be for RVP to be out a bit wider, with Aguero up front and Mario floating in the middle somewhere.

Is Tevez definitely staying?

Moobabe

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2012/07/08/arsenal-considering-fiorentinas-marouane-chamakh-offer/65149/

I like this. Get rid of this flop to free up funds.

If Barca want RVP he will definitely go there. Arsenal would be willing to deal and RVP would join an elite side which is what he wants. I wouldnt mind this at all.

I wouldn't like to see him join another PL club - Juventus would be a nice move for him though. But there's so much dead wood at your club that I'm amazed hasn't been moved on yet.

What are your expectations this season man?

K1LLER7

I've been under the impression that the plan would be for RVP to be out a bit wider, with Aguero up front and Mario floating in the middle somewhere.

Is Tevez definitely staying?

DC69 said Tevez was there for training so thats an improvement on last season I guess.

dc89

Nice Shirt.

Yeah the training stuff, what I've seen so far, has been really nice!

I sense some bias in this post.

Who are Barca most likely to sign if we sign a center forward, a defensive mid and a center back?

of course there is a bit of bias!

It's a case of who will pay more and also who Arsenal think are a closer rival in terms of competing in the league.

Lightning

Banned
What are your expectations this season man?
With our current squad minus RVP we will struggle to get into the top 4 so that would be the expectation again. Unless we bring in depth challenging for the title or expecting us to be competitive is beyond our capabilities and not really realistic.

Also way too many unknowns regarding us ATM. Wilshere is still injured and may not be fit for the start of the season, Podolski and Giroud both have no pl experience so no guaranteed success there and we're a squad of okay talent but no one exceptional who can change matches on their own so we would struggle greatly IMO.

Kyoufu

With our current squad minus RVP we will struggle to get into the top 4 so that would be the expectation again. Unless we bring in depth challenging for the title or expecting us to be competitive is beyond our capabilities and not really realistic.

Also way too many unknowns regarding us ATM. Wilshere is still injured and may not be fit for the start of the season, Podolski and Giroud both have no pl experience so no guaranteed success there and we're a squad of okay talent but no one exceptional who can change matches on their own so we would struggle greatly IMO.

We can struggle together. *hugs*

WriterGK

Perhaps Robin van Persie can go to Juventus. Chelsea could also sign him but that would probably would make him a traitor in the eyes of the Arsenal fans. City doesnt really need RvP they have Dzeko(but he might go to Bayern Munich?) , Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero. Chelsea on the other hand don't have Didier Drogba anymore they only have Torres as a real striker and Hulk who they signed. But those 2 alone aren't enough.

kharma45

As is the #irishshadesofgrey hashtag

"Slowly he ran his finger down the middle, parting the pink softness, feeling the moist sticky centre. He loved a Mikado."

dc89

Mancini has travelled with the squad to Austria. But he used a alternative entrance to the hotel to avoid the media and fan reception.

:( it needs resolving, it's like a bad smell!

Messi

Mancini has travelled with the squad to Austria. But he used a alternative entrance to the hotel to avoid the media and fan reception.

:( it needs resolving, it's like a bad smell!

So this is how arsenal fans must feel/have felt?

Apparently Keita is going to China to some club. Makes little sense, never took Keita as the money grabbing type. He could play for a bigger club just not a top level club.

Hopefully next friday this arrives in the mail:

barca-115284.jpg

Love love love love that kit

GQman2121

Banned
Perhaps Robin van Persie can go to Juventus. Chelsea could also sign him but that would probably would make him a traitor in the eyes of the Arsenal fans. City doesnt really need RvP they have Dzeko(but he might go to Bayern Munich?) , Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero. Chelsea on the other hand don't have Didier Drogba anymore they only have Torres as a real striker and Hulk who they signed. But those 2 alone aren't enough.

We haven't signed Hulk yet, so the rumors are going to continue to spin until we sign someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom