• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timurid

So this is how arsenal fans must feel/have felt?

Apparently Keita is going to China to some club. Makes little sense, never took Keita as the money grabbing type. He could play for a bigger club just not a top level club.

Hopefully next friday this arrives in the mail:

barca-115284.jpg

Love love love love that kit
Well, does that move give you guys more money to purchase Javi Martinez from bilbao?

So this is how arsenal fans must feel/have felt?

Apparently Keita is going to China to some club. Makes little sense, never took Keita as the money grabbing type. He could play for a bigger club just not a top level club.

Hopefully next friday this arrives in the mail:

barca-115284.jpg

Love love love love that kit
It looks like a goalie jersey :/ Or something from the '90s (as does the home jersey)

kharma45

haha I just watched the 2008 CL final highlights. Unbelieveable match. even when I watch it now, I still think Terry will score his penalty

I'm saving this wonderful 21 minute video to the week before the season starts, if you've never seen it before it's well worth a watch now, has some of the games from the first half of last season in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VosPdk0WZ1A

Really is a top class video, and makes me miss Ronaldo :(

Edit - Fuck it, watching it again now. I can't wait that long. Must watch the 2008 penalty shoot-out after.

K1LLER7

I'm saving this wonderful 21 minute video to the week before the season starts, if you've never seen it before it's well worth a watch now, has some of the games from the first half of last season in it.

Edit - Fuck it, watching it again now. I can't wait that long. Must watch the 2008 penalty shoot-out after.

thanks, gonna watch it now

Messi

Here is another fantastic one, this one is about Barcelona and the 08/09 team. That amazing team. While Barcelona are still great now, the 08/09 team was the perfect distillery of Class football and amazing results. Makes me giddy for the new season every time I watch it. I just wish I had savoured this season more than I did while it was on.

Also, <3 Henry

Glorious Barcelona

I also love this recap of that season, great clips, great moments.

6 out of 6 Cups

God I am going to miss Pep.

kharma45

Follow him on twitter, just search Anton Afly or whatever the name is. He tweets some views but also his latest videos.

Found him now, gave him a follow and a subscribe on YouTube to see what's what.

Here is another fantastic one, this one is about Barcelona and the 08/09 team. That amazing team. While Barcelona are still great now, the 08/09 team was the perfect distillery of Class football and amazing results. Makes me giddy for the new season every time I watch it. I just wish I had savoured this season more than I did while it was on.

Also, <3 Henry

Glorious Barcelona

6 out of 6 Cups

Cheers, must give them a watch! :)

Also, <3 Henry

Glorious Barcelona

6 out of 6 Cups

Not available on iPad :( :/

When uploading a video on youtube there is an option to disable watching it for mobile users. No idea why you'd toggle that option though.

Edit: Welp beaten

K1LLER7

Good stuff, let me know what you think :) I could watch it over and over again myself, whoever made it did a great job.

brilliant video, so many great moments and players. Fergie's built so many teams its unbelieveable. Hopefully he can leave a great one behind when he calls time as manager.

gonna watch the barca one later

kharma45

Some videos dont work on ipad for some reason.

Yep, it's because the person who makes the videos don't enable a mobile version :/ but surely YouTube should automagically convert it to a mobile format?

When uploading a video on youtube there is an option to disable watching it for mobile users. No idea why you'd toggle that option though.

Edit: Welp beaten

A lot don't work because of the copyright restrictions on music that is used, not through the choice of the uploader.

brilliant video, so many great moments and players. Fergie's built so many teams its unbelieveable. Hopefully he can leave a great one behind when he calls time as manager.

gonna watch the barca one later

Glad you enjoyed :)

Kyoufu

Started noticing that every time dc gets mentioned here it is with a random number instead of 89. Could be just a coincidence though. Found it odd and slightly amusing for some reason

xintin

Ive seen we've offered anywhere from 16-25m for Schurrle. is it just a case of wanting more money or are are Leverkusen really wanting to hold on to him?

Started noticing that every time dc gets mentioned here it is with a random number instead of 89. Could be just a coincidence though. Found it odd and slightly amusing for some reason
why limit the fun to just numbers? ak47. bc34. it writes itself, people!

jtb

Banned
just watched Sunshine again for the first time in ages. Goddamn. what a fantastic 2/3rds of a movie.

so good.

shame about the "twist" and the fact Boyle and co. decided to drive their own movie off a fucking cliff, but I'm still pretty excited to see what Danny Boyle has in store for the olympics.

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3110539/A-Tough-one-for-fans-to-take.html

Great article. Sums up my feelings on the matter perfectly.

yup, huge dick move. hope the sale goes quickly so the funds can be spent ASAP while quality can be found for a decent price in the transfer market. speed of transfer is more important than the fee (or even selling to a competitor) at this point, IMO. (though a transfer to Juve would certainly be most preferable...)

Meier

If that kid ends up like he is in FM man that would be amazing!!!!!!!!!

France has a ton of young talent in terms of Strikers in FM. Niang, Lenny Nangis, Hervin Ongenda, Yaya Sanogo.. made me a lot of money by signing them young at Porto and then reselling them with 50% sell-on clauses. :D

Yannis Tafer is another very good one but I guess he's 21 now so not necessarily a "wonderkid."

Arnie

just watched Sunshine again for the first time in ages. Goddamn. what a fantastic 2/3rds of a movie.

so good.

shame about the "twist" and the fact Boyle and co. decided to drive their own movie off a fucking cliff, but I'm still pretty excited to see what Danny Boyle has in store for the olympics.

Exactly my thoughts as well. For two thirds the film was fucking sublime, I remember being in straight up awe at the cinema.

Holy shit, I'm nearing the end of Breaking Bad season 2 and I can't even begin to imagine what sort of shit's gone down by the start of season 5. He's really lost it. Just watched the episode where he buys a new boiler and cleans out the rot to keep himself busy.

Kyoufu

I dunno. I don't see why it's a dick move for someone who wants to succeed to leave for a club with a higher chance of success.

He moved to Arsenal just after their Invincible run in the PL right? Guess he was looking for continued success rather than just top 4 finishes.

I don't get the outrage. Even Arsenal fans have said the club isn't spending money.

He has been with the club for 8 years. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

sneaky77

Exactly my thoughts as well. For two thirds the film was fucking sublime, I remember being in straight up awe at the cinema.

Holy shit, I'm nearing the end of Breaking Bad season 2 and I can't even begin to imagine what sort of shit's gone down by the start of season 5. He's really lost it. Just watched the episode where he buys a new boiler and cleans out the rot to keep himself busy.

I just started season2 today lol.. one of my friends has kept telling me to watch it so I finally started it last week

Salazar

lol at "I personally have had a great season".

You didn't pick up the ball in your own half for all those goals, son. Show an atom of fucking respect.

Arnie

lol at "I personally have had a great season".

You didn't pick up the ball in your own half for all those goals, son. Show an atom of fucking respect.

That's also what miffs me about it, amongst many things, in that he doesn't think to embellish any praise on the teammates who've created this 'great season' for him. We've seen it time and time again where a great striker flourishes because they're in a system that really plays to their strengths, supported by teammates who have a real understanding of their game.

Obviously not directly applicable but look at Torres: manager, teammates, fans who know the player inside out. Drop all that and what are you left with? Van Persie's attributes don't scream 'universally successful' to me, particularly when he's not a huge dribbler.

Can't believe I just typed all that when I've criticised people for writing RVP off, but it's true. Great striker but needs to be a lot less self righteous.

jtb

Banned
II dunno. I don't see why it's a dick move for someone who wants to succeed to leave for a club with a higher chance of success.

He moved to Arsenal just after their Invincible run in the PL right? Guess he was looking for continued success rather than just top 4 finishes.

I don't get the outrage. Even Arsenal fans have said the club isn't spending money.

He has been with the club for 8 years. He doesn't owe anyone anything.

moving is fine, but by forcing a transfer he's basically lowering the fee (not to mention showing zero respect to the man who, frankly, would have been right to ditch him years ago after all of his injury plagued seasons) and he's doing so in the name of the "fans." that's what's the dick move. not the move itself.

and as for the 8 years thing, half of those he was out for ridiculous amounts of the season and the other half he was still developing. he doesn't owe us anything, sure, but he wouldn't be begging to leave if he had another injury this season.

whatever, I've been very open to a Van Persie move since it was revealed he had two years left on his contract. Giroud and Podolski will do great&#8212;I expect Giroud to hit 20 goals next season, provided he's not injured for most of the season. the money will open up a chance to make purchases that should have been made last summer.

Messi

Season 2 spoiler (you have seen it arnie)
'Stay out of my territory'

HAHA, you don't even know.

What an awesome show

Edit: hey arnie can you pm me at the end of season 2 to tell me what you think about the last two episodes.

Arnie

Season 2 spoiler (you have seen it arnie)
'Stay out of my territory'

HAHA, you don't even know.

What an awesome show

Edit: hey arnie can you pm me at the end of season 2 to tell me what you think about the last two episodes.

Just saw that bit yea, amazing line, but holy hell I'm starting to worry for these characters. I'll PM you my reaction, should be tomorrow. I take it I'm onto the last two now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom