• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balotelli

Banned
Honestly he's not nearly that good. I mean he got us our first title in a LONG time, but I would hope we'd make a race to the Guardiola arms race next year.

Linius

fPlYy.jpg

Bacon, you got one of these already? :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
THE President of the Montenegro FA Dejan Savicevic (holy shit):
“Jovetic doesn’t need my help to decide his future and I don’t want to cause any controversy, however, he would be able to play for the Scudetto and in the Champions League at Juventus. Fiorentina can’t offer that at the moment.”

“He forms a beautiful partnership with Vucinic in the national side,” Savicevic continued. “I would certainly be in favour of such a move.

“Jovetic can adapt as a centre-forward, he did it as a youngster and again in recent times, but it is not the best way to use him.

“He plays behind Vucinic in a 4-4-1-1 with Montenegro. Stevan has already proved that he is a great player, he just needs to stay fit and healthy.”

He helped us with Vucinic too IIRC

Arnie

Honestly he's not nearly that good. I mean he got us our first title in a LONG time, but I would hope we'd make a race to the Guardiola arms race next year.

I agree in that I don't think he's a particularly exceptional manager, I just think he's been afforded some real luxuries at City. He's a very good manager, make no mistake about it, but if a truly top manager becomes available then City should go for him. And I mean that in the sense of a manager who's going to take you to the top of world football, not just a particularly weak Premier League.

I don't think there's much chance of him leaving though, despite the rumours.

Arnie

I don't know what it is but whenever I see John Terry's face I start laughing. I think it's all the mockups of him collecting trophies or something, but my brain's now formed a link between his face and pure humour.

Hope I'll get my ICS update before the world ends...

Edit:

Hi all

The Ice Cream Sandwich software update for 2011 Xperia™ Smartphone’s is now being rolled out. The update is released in batches, and below you will find links your phones list of all the currently released ICS software’s. Since there are minor differences in the software depending on product, country and operator we have a unique identifier that we call Sales Item (SI). The SI is identified by an 8-digit number in the format XXXX-XXXX. To find out what SI number your phone has, please take off the back-cover and take out the battery. Under the battery you will find your SI number. Please use the pictures of each product as an aid to where to find it on your phone. Once you have found it, click the image to get to the post with the table and search for your SI number. We suggest that you use the in-page search in your web browser, which is commonly found by pressing ctrl + f key on your computer’s keyboard.

If you find your SI in the released software table the software for your device is released and available in PC Companion and Bridge for Mac where you can update your Xperia™ Smartphone.

We will continue to add items in the list as soon as they are released.

We will however not be able to answer on questions like: "When will SI number XXXX-XXXX be added to this list?" or "when will country X get the update?"
Why can't they just release this update system wide all at once? Of course my SI number isn't on that list....

Salazar

I don't know what it is but whenever I see John Terry's face I start laughing. I think it's all the mockups of him collecting trophies or something, but my brain's now formed a link between his face and pure humour.

I just imagine him crouching in Wayne Bridge's wardrobe, panicking slightly.

Linius

Edit:

Why can't they just release this update system wide all at once? Of course my SI number isn't on that list....

Don't use PC Companion, that only gave me errors. Download the Sony Update Service (SUS) programma. That runs it just fine.

Meier

When Pep succeeds at anywhere other than Barca, I'll be willing to crown him. He needs to prove it with another team or two (a la Mourinho who I think is a much more proven coach). I think they'll do just as well with Tito as their manager which would make Pep's success perhaps less impressive.

The fact that del Bosque was able to win a few titles while taking over the Spanish national team says to me that the players are the ones who are winning these championships in Spain right now.

kharma45

Hope the rumoured £18m for Baines isn't true. Thats too much for someone who's likely to be played as a backup. Can he play RB?

Think any more signings could be done for thursday and get them revealed along with Kagawa and Powell.

I'd much rather we tried for Izaguirre who, although lacks PL experience, would be much cheaper and the lack of experience wouldn't worry me so much if he's only going to be a back up.

jtb

Banned
Mancini is a shit manager. I can think of at least ten managers I'd take in a heartbeat over him.

Sucks that bitch is banned though; would be nice to actually have a dedicated footygaf mod since most of the other sports threads have one and they seem to be a bit less trigger happy than our hit and run mods in here since they get a feel for the community itself. but we all know context doesn't matter, we hate women, etc. etc.

kharma45

Edit:

Just root your phone and be done with it! :)

Mancini is a shit manager. I can think of at least ten managers I'd take in a heartbeat over him.

Sucks that bitch is banned though; would be nice to actually have a dedicated footygaf mod since most of the other sports threads have one and they seem to be a bit less trigger happy than our hit and run mods in here since they get a feel for the community itself. but we all know context doesn't matter, we hate women, etc. etc.

I'd quite like to know who is watching our thread, be nice if they'd actually make an appearance here and let us know the craic instead of just hiding in the background and banning away.

I'll nominate myself.

Meier

I don't think the term bitch itself is banned regardless of how that was explained. Talking about "beating a <woman> up" regardless of you putting a disclaimer behind a spoiler message is going to get you banned.

jtb

Banned
eh I doubt "Every time I see Taylor Kitsch, I want to punch him in the face. Such a smug looking dick. I like Brad Pitt much more personally." would get you banned. somethingsomethinggendernormsandhistoryofoppresion. but whatever; not much we can do about it!

back on topic: so how about that John Terry case....

Messi

eh I doubt "Every time I see Taylor Kitsch, I want to punch him in the face. Such a smug looking dick. I like Brad Pitt much more personally." would get you banned. somethingsomethinggendernormsandhistoryofoppresion. but whatever; not much we can do about it!

back on topic: so how about that John Terry case....

Yeah I am sorry I was involved in this, I should never have mentioned fed.

flippedb

Banned
Players are back in Milanello. Galliani and Allegri are there too. Same as the Curva.

Smells like new season!

Edit:

I have a Xperia Mini Pro, and I'm already running ICS. It's...ok, I guess.

Hixx

Fucking lol.

Speaking of, though, Fletcher would be an amazing signing for you guys. Such a good finisher and with the amount of crosses MON likes to get into the box he'd bag ~15 a season I reckon.

Oh yes, Fletcher would be a quality signing for any mid-table team but like you say, with wingers like McClean and Larsson sticking dozens of crosses in per game, he'd be successful for us.

Zabojnik

THE President of the Montenegro FA Dejan Savicevic (holy shit):

He helped us with Vucinic too IIRC

God, what I would give to see it happen. And it's probably the last good year to make it happen for us too, given our salary limitations and FFP about to kick in. I can only imagine the bidding wars next year between PSG, Chelsea, Real and the like, if Jovetic has a good season. Meaning he doesn't get injured, which is the only thing that's been holding him back. A player worthy of Capitano's number 10!

Oh yeah, he'd be reunited with Vucinic. That could be an important factor in our favour, if we decide to bet everything on him.

gurasa

11.jpg

Forgive the shop text. I still think the shirt is a little plain, but in this shot and a few other promo shots they've had, it looks pretty darn good on a player (even if I think that's probably just Aguero's head photoshopped on to someone else's frame).
The shirt is fine but the crest looks like it has died/been turned off. Bad choice, seeing as the old coloured/golden crest is stuck in people's minds. Yeah, it looks exactly like someone has "turned off" that crest. No title for City this season confirmed? :p

jtb

Banned

it's painfully obvious that a mod (perhaps a recently appointed one with a point to prove and a chip on their shoulder) has chosen our lowly little thread to shit on, typing bitch and cunt into the search every couple hours to get a ban or two in and further the cause of women and singlehandedly turn the tides against institutionalized oppression.

tbh though, he never used the word cunt or bitch so it really doesn't matter. Hell, he barely even hated on women, besides that little bit about his wife. It's not about context, it's about words whose meanings transcend context. so hate on women all you want, as long as you don't invoke the history of women.
I don't even know why I'm so bitter about this :lol

it's painfully obvious that a mod (perhaps a recently appointed one with a point to prove and a chip on their shoulder) has chosen our lowly little thread to shit on, typing bitch and cunt into the search every couple hours to get a ban or two in and further the cause of women and singlehandedly turn the tides against institutionalized oppression.

tbh though, he never used the word cunt or bitch so it really doesn't matter. Hell, he barely even hated on women, besides that little bit about his wife. It's not about context, it's about words whose meanings transcend context. so hate on women all you want, as long as you don't invoke the history of women.
I don't even know why I'm so bitter about this :lol

And now....we wait

Poor oppressed Football-Gaf. Life is truly a constant struggle.

Does it really bother you guys that much?

It does feel a little bit like I could jump into, I don't know, say, the Starhawk thread, say 'shit bugger bastard' and feel pretty good about not feeling the repercussions.

I'm fine with whatever the mods want to do, but it doesn't feel like they're facing the issue head on like would usually be the case when something that is obviously causing problems comes up. I know, TOS, TOS...

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys we don't want anyone to get banned :/ Some of us are on twitter for a reason, share your opinion there :p I did!

Scored some killer goals, did Dejan.
For the wrong team!
God, what I would give to see it happen. And it's probably the last good year to make it happen for us too, given our salary limitations and FFP about to kick in. I can only imagine the bidding wars next year between PSG, Chelsea, Real and the like, if Jovetic has a good season. Meaning he doesn't get injured, which is the only thing that's been holding him back. A player worthy of Capitano's number 10!

Oh yeah, he'd be reunited with Vucinic. That could be an important factor in our favour, if we decide to bet everything on him.

And Vucinic is his idol according to him
QuI6J.gif
QuI6J.gif

My time on here tells me that if we just get on with it and stop moaning the mods on their power trip will have their fun and move on to something else in a few weeks.

Some of the bans have been ridiculous but we're obv not going to change their mind, they've already made that clear. Making an issue out of it which just make them more inclined to ban people any chance they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom