• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Totti "I can respect homophobia."
Reporter "....you mean homosexuality?
Totti "Ah, they're all big words!"

totti_nuove_004.jpg

faridmon

theres talk thats its been agreed, mainly twitter.

But for £18m, Everton could be willing to sell and its rumoured he'll be on £65,000 a week.

I really hope that is not true. Yes, he is on a high wage, but him and Fellaini are the ones that Moyes think they are worth the high salary. We are getting rid of Cahill who was in a relatively high wage as well so that could be seen as one that could entice Baines to stay a bit longer.

One thing that makes me comfortable about Baines staying is the Pianaar talk. Pianaar and Baines have been playing together rather well and is one of the reason why we have done so well in the last half of the season. now, Moyes could use Distin as a subsitute on the left, but i really hope he stays. We need him.

But again, If Moyes sees that we need the money to invest in further recruitment, then be it.

Hixx

Lovefilm's streaming is starting to get really good. All of 24 and Sons of Anarchy in HD? Totally fucking worth it
3AQmK.gif
Oh and Firefly and the Killing.

Also a Sunderland fan (bonny lass, as it happens) has had to close her twitter account after one of her tweets went pretty global. Was funny as fuck but the abuse for it is shocking... it's even made the Daily Mail
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Following on from tenuous SAFC links, I don't think we've been linked with anyone but Stephen Feltcher for ages. So boring.

Fady K

if Fady wants me to do PR for Chelsea, he knows all he has to do is just ask.

I always enjoyed your City-PR, and I'm sure anyone would love to have a PR person such as yourself on their club. Keeps you up to date on even the smaller details : D

Barca already snatched him up.

I believe he supports FC Basel

I seem to quote you a lot Messi :p Noticed Fady does too.

Haha, makes sense as they're the best team from his country ;D Messi is easily quotable as he's active and has a lot to of interesting stuff to say from time to time ;D You two are great Barca fans.

AVB's first training session:

article-2170827-13FD38F9000005DC-53.jpg

Wow, still feels weird seeing him there, but happy for him nevertheless. I expect he'll have more breathing space, less pressure, and less chances of facing a mutiny over there.

So many bans here. Are there actually people around who never got banned? :p

Got banned once 5 or so years ago for getting into a pointless game sales discussion after the mod asked us to stop.

these embarrassing people won the Champion's League :(

Why Robben, why?

You must hate the team less bro :p It's a great feeling once you throw the hate away. I know I felt better when the ManU hate dropped. And as with all clubs, it's as TrueBlue says:

Please don't generalise us as embarassing on the actions of one twat.

Arnie

Lovefilm's streaming is starting to get really good. All of 24 and Sons of Anarchy in HD? Totally fucking worth it
3AQmK.gif

Also a Sunderland fan (bonny lass, as it happens) has had to close her twitter account after one of her tweets went pretty global. Was funny as fuck but the abuse for it is shocking... it's even made the Daily Mail
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Following on from tenuous SAFC links, I don't think we've been linked with anyone but Stephen Feltcher for ages. So boring.

Fucking lol.

Speaking of, though, Fletcher would be an amazing signing for you guys. Such a good finisher and with the amount of crosses MON likes to get into the box he'd bag ~15 a season I reckon.

Carbonox

Rofl QPR are leading the race to sign Hoilett.

This kid has no brains.

Neither do QPR. They're as retarded as West Ham when it comes to buying players. They most likely go on FIFA, set player ratings to at least 70 and then go to town on making offers way beyond the players' valuations and wages, whilst hoping for the best. They don't need half the players they go for but who cares, right?

Fady K

He told a guy to shut the fuck up the other day because he said BR starts on The Pit was the only way to play Halo.

Mental.

He's got a wallet though. A wallet he likes to keep nice and full.

You must be mixing me up with someone else :p Come to think of it, I don't recall ever using that phrase in my life :p

Meier

11.jpg

Forgive the shop text. I still think the shirt is a little plain, but in this shot and a few other promo shots they've had, it looks pretty darn good on a player (even if I think that's probably just Aguero's head photoshopped on to someone else's frame).

Someone has to make a thread about the oppression of Footy-Gaf.

This is shit.

I'm still allowed to say that right? Not offending anyone?

Should fines in a justice system be weighted against wealth?

JT case has got me thinking about it. I can't make my mind up, for all intents and purposes I am thinking yes they should...but for some reason I am a little bit uncomfortable with it.

dc89

A girl on my Facebook has posted a picture of herself in a t shirt which reads.

"Made in Manchester. Ruined in Napa."

Classy.

Meier

This article was posted by ESPN about an hour ago:

Roberto Mancini could put pen to paper on a new contract at Manchester City as early as this week, according to ESPN sources, despite rumours linking him with the Russia national side.

Recent speculation has claimed that Mancini is to be named on a shortlist by the Russian Football Union on Tuesay as the nation seeks a replacement for Dick Advocaat, who stepped down after Euro 2012.

However, Mancini, who guided City to the Premier League title last season, is on the verge of signing a new three-year contract, with his current terms set to expire next summer.

"Discussions are on-going. It's a big deal, so they are always complex and take time," a source told ESPN.

"City are confident it will be concluded this week, but because of all the clauses and legalities it could run into next week. But, by all accounts, the new contract is pretty close to being agreed."

It is understood Mancini's new deal could be worth around £30 million including bonuses, depending on successes, which would make him the highest paid manager in England's top flight.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-set-for-new-manchester-city-contract?cc=5901

I think earlier reports had suggested he would be ahead of SAF but behind Wenger who I think I read makes £8m per year?

Linius

Very nice kit Bayern!

KqF3M.png

And thank God for the Sony Update Service. PC Companion pretty much sucks.

They hope I will enjoy it. I better Sony, I better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom