• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rififi

How respectable is El Corriere dello Sport? since they are reporting that Kaka wants to leave Madrid (possibly back to Milan), hoping that Madrid lower his transfer fee.

Speaking of Apple products. Apparently last summer on the pre season tour Anderson spent a few grand on Apple stuff and left if in his hotel room thinking the club staff would pack it for him.

Just...what...

Kyoufu

Speaking of Apple products. Apparently last summer on the pre season tour Anderson spent a few grand on Apple stuff and left if in his hotel room thinking the club staff would pack it for him.

Just...what...

Demba Ba recently tweeted all his Apple products.

Footballers are Apple fanboys confirmed.

Except for Danny Simpson who uses a Blackberry trololol

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39649718&postcount

iDevllvYlcP3i.gif

he said only for a week on twitter

That makes me surprised that my small write-up about Magic Mike got through:

So, Magic Mike was good. Obviously it was about more than just make strippers. However, there were lots of giggly women in the theatre and one women said to me and her gf that she couldn't believe my gf could get a boy to come. I guess that's what happens when people don't give a shit about who directs movies and such. I think Channing Tatum is a good actor, and while there were some things that I felt weren't needed or fleshed out properly it was overall a great experience. I'd see it again, but not in the theater with dumb women. (I can't believe I feel the need to disclaim this but I'm not generalizing that all women are dumb, rather I wouldn't want to be in the theater again with women who also happen to be dumb.)

So many bans here. Are there actually people around who never got banned? :p

Never been banned.

Carbonox

I can get behind this. But only if he isn't playing Desmond.

Fuck Desmond.

Agreed.

I'm curious as to how it would pan out with Fass though. He doesn't come across as an action star, and I also wonder what he would look in assassin garb. :lol

Ass Creed movie will be terrible, just like Prince of Persia.

Prince of Persia was one of the better game films. However, it also had pretty much zero input from UbiSoft, whereas the Assassin's Creed film will be primarily a UbiSoft project with Fassbender co-producing. This gives it a bit more weight. IMO providing they have the resources, the best scenario is for game publishers to work on films for their own franchises, with some help from external companies who are experienced in film-making. Giving complete control to some shitty company or director always always fails.

kharma45

Apparently if it went through the tribunal (which Juve could have done) we would have only got £60k so it's not too bad with that in mind.

Kagawa and Powell unveilings on Thursday apparently. Shinjiiiii.

In that case I'll change my tune and be very grateful for the 800k.

With that and the loan fee for Amos there's another million and a bit I guess to use towards something.

oh god hold me

I've been trying to avoid all talk from this PC because I'll wait for it to go up on the website. This is a nice little taster.

Don't get too excited. I'm not expecting anyone who can actually make a difference to the squad. So expect Mark Davies or Dempsey.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
tariq panja ‏@tariqpanja
A chelsea fan with an almost life-size cardboard Terry cut out stationed outside court. Emblazoned with words: World Love You

these embarrassing people won the Champion's League :(

Why Robben, why?

First day of the new season, finally! Almost everybody is back to Milanello today (we're still waiting for the Euro players), and the supporters are asking Allegri to win the Champions League. Which is totally going to happen with Muntari and Pato. :D
Also, new haircut for Boateng:
How respectable is El Corriere dello Sport? since they are reporting that Kaka wants to leave Madrid (possibly back to Milan), hoping that Madrid lower his transfer fee.
Just like the rest of the Italian newspapers/media. It's a joke, simple as that. We won't buy Kakà unless is pricetag is somewhere near the €5-6m point.

Arnie

Rodgers bigging up Aquilani after their 'big chat'.

Fucking hell, Rodgers asked a rudimentary question about Lucas returning to full fitness and he starts recouting Lucas' personal story throughout his career, talks about watching him as a kid for Brazil, then how he did when he first came to Liverpool, through to now.

If only you could judge a manager on the way he talks, we'd have Mourinho.

Messi

Oh no, I didn't want to get him banned. But then again thats what you get for talking shit about Olivia. I knew it was only a matter of time someone got banned for my love of olivia.

Sorry man, don't be mad.

tumblr_m4v2r2D0yi1rqrk6x.gif

So many bans here. Are there actually people around who never got banned? :p

I have never been banned but apparently I was quite close yesterday

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Rodgers bigging up Aquilani after their 'big chat'.

I wonder if this guy can cut it in the PL. From what I've seen he's like Modric if everything people said about him (too small, frail, etc) before he came was true.

Van Der Vaart's wife has said on twitter not to pay attention to these Hamburg rumours. Yay!

K1LLER7

Hope the rumoured £18m for Baines isn't true. Thats too much for someone who's likely to be played as a backup. Can he play RB?

Think any more signings could be done for thursday and get them revealed along with Kagawa and Powell.

Arnie

I wonder if this guy can cut it in the PL. From what I've seen he's like Modric if everything people said about him (too small, frail, etc) before he came was true.

Van Der Vaart's wife has said on twitter not to pay attention to these Hamburg rumours. Yay!
I personally don't think he will. I don't doubt he's good enough, I don't think Rodgers does either saying he's 'tactically and technically' good enough, but it's the mental aspects that come into question. I don't think he really wants to be here, no matter what his agent says.
Today is the day Koptimism comes out of recession. But is boom and bust dead?

Lucas and Rodgers in one press conference, you must forgive me.

Lucas and Rodgers in one press conference, you must forgive me.
I would be excited, everything sounds good. Plus promise of signings.

Although I have to say I saw somebody compared Rodgers' aura to that on Shankly on Twitter and that was maybe a bit too much. I know close to nothing about Shankly but that type of talk should be avoided for now!

Messi

Wow 2 suicide threads on GAF in a week. Horrible. It seems this guy Scott stopped Eric from doing something stupid a few days ago and now he is in the same situation?

Horrible horrible shit. fuck depression.

GorillaJu

Although I have to say I saw somebody compared Rodgers' aura to that on Shankly on Twitter and that was maybe a bit too much. I know close to nothing about Shankly but that type of talk should be avoided for now!

It makes me nervous when people compare Rodgers to Shankly. He's a different manager in a different time, and while he may have similarities in how he speaks, he's going to make his own path, for better or worse.

Feels like jinxing it, when people talk the way they do.

Arnie

I've seen that as well, and that is definitely too much. At the end of the day the guy's not managed for a single game yet, we could start the season playing like shit. It's far, far too soon to make serious comparisons to any other managers, especially greats like Shankly.

Hell, if Rodgers did anywhere near as well enough as Benitez I'd be almost tearful with glee.

Also, I urge everyone to watch the conference for one reason: Jay Spearing. He's so fucking funny when he speaks, he sucks in the requisite air for each sentence. He looks like a baby telly tubby too.

faridmon

Hope the rumoured £18m for Baines isn't true. Thats too much for someone who's likely to be played as a backup. Can he play RB?

Think any more signings could be done for thursday and get them revealed along with Kagawa and Powell.

The price, more than anything, just tells the world that Everton do not want to lose Baines. I hope that the price tag scares off Man United because he is a valuable asset to the team especially now that Moyes is aiming high next year.

And no, he never played as RB, but he played as a winger on the left.

K1LLER7

The price, more than anything, just tells the world that Everton do not want to lose Baines. I hope that the price tag scares off Man United because he is a valuable asset to the team especially now that Moyes is aiming high next year.

And no, he never played as RB, but he played as a winger on the left.

theres talk thats its been agreed, mainly twitter.

But for £18m, Everton could be willing to sell and its rumoured he'll be on £65,000 a week.

Arnie

In regards to academy players Rodgers has told them and the staff that 'if they're good enough, they'll play'.

So get Suso on the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom