• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Labadal

Pre-season is so funny. Just today I have seen us linked with Borini, Jovetic, Sturridge, Allen, Dempsey and Callejon.

Buy them all, I say, lol. (We'll be lucky if we sign one of these players. Borini seems most likely.)

Sell Maxi, Downing, Adam, Henderson and any other player that's dead weight.

elseanio

I get a ticket for free. Now not really free but I pay 26 euro's every month and they I can go unlimited number of times to the cinema :D I even get 25% discount rate on the food and the drinks and don't need to pay extra money for 3D or Imax :)

Yeah, I have something similar at the indi cinema (Picture House) so rarely every go to the Odeon Imax. I only go for the big releases (Prometheus, Avengers and Batman so far)

Pre-season is so funny. Just today I have seen us linked with Borini, Jovetic, Sturridge, Allen, Dempsey and Callejon.

Buy them all, I say, lol. (We'll be lucky if we sign one of these players. Borini seems most likely.)

Sell Maxi, Downing, Adam, Henderson and any other player that's dead weight.

Henderson and Maxi aren't dead weight yet. Especially Maxi, who was criminally underused last season

He is right. That Barca match was an anomaly for him.

(I am talking about what happens on-field. I am not talking about and do not want to discuss either the trial or what happens off the field.
He obv. isn't right though. He said he has always remained calm and composed in matches and never been sent off for losing his cool.

But he has.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Defence: 'How many times have you been sent off in your career?' Terry: 'Four times ... I remain calm in tense matches'

jwZQVAc1YgxwM.jpg

He's actually being sort of truthful. I remember him getting sent off at White Hart Lane two years ago but he didn't lose his rag. He just walked off. I wouldn't put him in the Barton/Balotelli bracket of going mental on the pitch. He normally just mutters things at people and gets on with it.

Labadal

Henderson and Maxi aren't dead weight yet. Especially Maxi, who was criminally underused last season

I agree he was underused last season, but he's really hit and miss with his performances. I want Henderson to be good, but I don't have much faith. I don't know why, but most of the time, he looks scared as shit.

He's actually being sort of truthful. I remember him getting sent off at White Hart Lane two years ago but he didn't lose his rag. He just walked off. I wouldn't put him in the Barton/Balotelli bracket of going mental on the pitch. He normally just mutters things at people and gets on with it.

Still a pretty hilarious thing to say so soon after he got sent off for kneeing someone in the back... But I do also remember a certain exchange of body fluids with Tevez. :p

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I agree he was underused last season, but he's really hit and miss with his performances. I want Henderson to be good, but I don't have much faith. I don't know why, but most of the time, he looks scared as shit.

Maxi is crap. Yes he can score when presented with an open goal, unlike most Liverpool players, but in most of his starts last season he was a passenger (despite notching a few times). He will never be anything more than a back-up at a top 8 club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Allegri: "Juve? If we count their Serie B title they have 31" ‬ ‪
Agnelli: "Milan then has two stars." ‪(Milan won two Serie B titles + 18 in A)

GUERRA.jpg

elseanio said:
Arsenal: £985-£1,955

Wow, that's ridiculous.

Maxi is crap. Yes he can score when presented with an open goal, unlike most Liverpool players, but in most of his starts last season he was a passenger (despite notching a few times). He will never be anything more than a back-up at a top 8 club.

He's not crap, but like Henderson he does struggle to stay consistently involved in games. If he stays, it will be as backup though. And we had Downing playing ahead of him week-in, week-out. Playing Maxi every game wouldn't be ideal, but it would have been preferable to Downing.

Zabojnik

Allegri: "Juve? If we count their Serie B title they have 31" ‬ ‪
Agnelli: "Milan then has two stars." ‪(Milan won two Serie B titles + 18 in A)

Loved the whole speech about FIGC. Grande presidente. Finally someone with some fucking BALLS. Haters gonna hate, obviously, but I couldn't care less. Amici di nessuno forever.

Zabojnik

Can we keep Udinese?

Mostly for farming purposes.

Pozzo is a dick. I'll give you Siena, same club colours too. :p

EDIT: Can't believe I managed to sell the terrible chinese 10" tablet I bought last month without losing a single euro. Nexus 7, here I come! Who's getting one?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Blablurn said:
we sold 30k season tickets. and all home games are already sold out.

With that gorgeous stadium, I'm not surprised. You don't even need to be a top team to fill it out.

Allianz-Arena-in-Germany_Beautiful-design_5483.jpg

Fintan

Out of interest, why do Sky bother with funding things like Sinbad. They seem like they cost a lot of money, and nobody watches them
Seems like they've started doing a lot of crap original programming. Like you said, I don't know anyone who watches it. Maybe their broadcast licence requires it?

GorillaJu

Arsenal fans should be livid with the amounts they pay and what they get for it.

if I don't say so myself, amazing value to see the Champions.

Lol are you serious? They should be livid about CL qualification every year?

Come on, dc62. I know you're just looking for another chance to trumpet your big City horn, but keep it in your pants for a little while.

Seems like they've started doing a lot of crap original programming. Like you said, I don't know anyone who watches it. Maybe their broadcast licence requires it?

I did enjoy seeing Denzel from Only Fools & Horses in the trailer though. And Sayid from Lost :p

And our expectations have been shot to bits (at last)

I'll be content with 6th, happy with 5th, very happy with a sustained challenge for 4th and ecstatic with 4th

Arnie

So this morning we've had Suso saying he wants to stay at Liverpool and Rodgers saying he's heard enough to know that, technically, Suso's ready.

I followed every1 i could recognize on the Footygaf Twitter list. My handle there is @Pappe85

I'll add you to the list :)

I've got a failsafe plan to prevent total annihilation, should he fuck off to Mallorca.

jonjo500.jpg

Yea man, see my update. I'm sky high right now. When my brother used to smoke a lot of weed, and I used to vilify him for it, he'd taunt me with the phrase, "I don't need drugs, I'm high on life". I feel like he was preparing me for this moment.

I'm having trouble with accepting the fact he looks exactly like an crazy (can't emphasize this enough) ex-girlfriend. It's the nose, and the eyes specifically that is freaking me out. In hindsight, she wasn't very attractive, but insane in bed.

bayern-trikot-champions-league.jpg

I know what I'll get for my birthday

Cause baby your're a FIREWORK!
why do they have fireworks on their kit? What are they celebrating?

Arnie

I'm having trouble with accepting the fact he looks exactly like an crazy (can't emphasize this enough) ex-girlfriend. It's the nose, and the eyes specifically that is freaking me out. In hindsight, she wasn't very attractive, but insane in bed.

Under no circumstances should you ever reveal, publicly, that you once dated a girl who looks 'troublingly' like Jonjo Shelvey.

I've got a bad feeling about Dempsey

As an Arsenal fan, I have a bad feeling about Dempsey. In the sense that I think we will get him. Decent player but old and I feel he is just covering up the cracks. He will do the job much like Arteta but doesnt fill the void left by Fabregas and Nasri

Need someone with a bit more flair and creativity to feed the strikers.

Mastadon

Banned

This. I never understand the love Maxi gets. He's a passenger that can score a tap in.

Come on, dc62. I know you're just looking for another chance to trumpet your big City horn, but keep it in your pants for a little while.
It's weird that after the season City have had when they finally became champions and hit United for 6, dc has decided to take the offensive on the very solid ground of fanbase and ticket sales :lol

Slow news day, so lets post photos of managers who just look like they belonged on the sidelines, and looked suave as fuck while doing it. Or managers who you just feel comfortable having on the sidelines. All levels of the game, all countries

610x.jpg

Rafa_Benitez_and_Jose_Mourinho_PicGetty_956913152.jpg
- 2 in 1 :p

dc89

And is it just about qualifying for the CL. So when I'm old and I tell my grand kids about my football club will I tell them about the times we won trouphys or just the fact we finished in the top 4 for X amount of years.

Or is the fact you finished in the top 4 now a honour?

Wenger is a magician. How he does it, I will never know. I know stuff is more expensive In London but come on, they need investment to compete to win the league and more.

Fintan

This. I never understand the love Maxi gets. He's a passenger that can score a tap in.

I think those goals he scored at the end of the 10/11 season had everyone thinking, at a time when Liverpool weren't really scoring a lot, "Get Maxi on, he gets goals!". I agree with you though, it seemed for a while there that people thought he was your best player.

Blablurn

I'll add you to the list :)

Cause baby your're a FIREWORK!
why do they have fireworks on their kit? What are they celebrating?

its the roof of our stadium actually lol

Jensen

And is it just about qualifying for the CL. So when I'm old and I tell my grand kids about my football club will I tell them about the times we won trouphys or just the fact we finished in the top 4 for X amount of years.

Or is the fact you finished in the top 4 now a honour?

Wenger is a magician. How he does it, I will never know. I know stuff is more expensive In London but come on, they need investment to compete to win the league and more.
You should tell them about how great City's website is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom