• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just need to send Malouda to Lille now. Not sure if Debuchy is as good as GAF makes him out to be though, would rather have Maicon and Ivan for the right back.

Carbonox

Just need to send Malouda to Lille now. Not sure if Debuchy is as good as GAF makes him out to be though, would rather have Maicon and Ivan for the right back.

Well Robert Pires publicly said that Newcastle would be the best stepping stone for Debuchy so we'll see soon enough! :lol

Besides, Debuchy is thought to be keen on a move to Newcastle, plus his best friend is Cabaye who no doubt pestered him with phone calls (I would).

He'd be an improvement over Simpson (despite him being great last season).

Hixx

I have no idea why more clubs aren't clamouring for Debuchy at that price.

Debuchy looked incredibly suspect defensively at the Euros. Poor positioning and really weak. Looked like a good prospect as an attacking wing back tho. Like a poor mans Glen Johnson.

Fry

I don't understand the Lucas Moura/Walcott comparisons. The latter is one of the most underrated english players, is proven in the premier league and can do a fine job playing as a winger. Lucas Moura is an attacking midfielder, and at the moment isn't any better than him. Trust me.

spidye

bayern-trikot-champions-league.jpg

I know what I'll get for my birthday

Salvadora

I don't understand the Lucas Moura/Walcott comparisons. The latter is one of the most underrated english players, is proven in the premier league and can do a fine job playing as a winger. Lucas Moura is an attacking midfielder, and at the moment isn't any better than him. Trust me.

What am I reading?

WriterGK

Got them for 19 quid. Dunno why thy were cheaper. Well worth it though. Nachos, popcorn soft drinks and a coffee to go at the end. Go the cinema much less now, so might as well make the most of it.

I get a ticket for free. Now not really free but I pay 26 euro's every month and they I can go unlimited number of times to the cinema :D I even get 25% discount rate on the food and the drinks and don't need to pay extra money for 3D or Imax :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Poor Quaglia, he must know he's on the kill list. :)

The back is fantastic. No more yellow numbers!

602457_365728950167598_646558785_n.jpg

I wonder if they told Gigi that the president will be taking his number. :D

Haha speaking of Buffon, I'm expecting him to jump out any minute now with the keeper kit! :p

Jensen

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy
Terry: 'My mum dated a man from Liverpool and LFC fans made up a song 'My mum loves scouse c***''

daniel taylor ‏@DTguardian
Magistrate tells Ashley Cole most people would rather he stands up. Cole: "I'd rather sit down."

Reading Daniel Taylor's tweets on the Terry court case is certainly... Interesting.

‏@DTguardian
Terry is shown non-broadcast video footage and admits he can see an "and" - but denies prosecution claim

‏@DTguardian
Prosecution asking Terry if he actually replied to AF jibes about Bridge affair with 'And yours' directly before the 'FBC'

KuGsj.gif

dc89

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy
Terry: 'My mum dated a man from Liverpool and LFC fans made up a song 'My mum loves scouse c***''

daniel taylor ‏@DTguardian
Magistrate tells Ashley Cole most people would rather he stands up. Cole: "I'd rather sit down."

Whoa.

Cole - who does he think he is.

Kyoufu

Yeah right. All it would take is Roman to invite him to his yacht and Debuchy would suddenly want to play for Chelsea.

You would think that, but the likes of Man United and co. have already looked into getting him. He only wants to go where Cabaye goes.

They must be lovers or something.

Get Skrtel, Agger, Suarez and Suso done
Get Reina and Lucas to assure us that they're staying
Get Borini tied up
Start looking for midfielders
Start trying to lure the likes of Jovetic
Settle for Dempsey if the ambitious ones don't come off

You would think that, but the likes of Man United and co. have already looked into getting him. He only wants to go where Cabaye goes.

They must be lovers or something.

or maybe they just haven't been serious enough about their interest, hell they even looked at Copenhagens left back and there has been writing about that. In any case Chelsea could just buy Cabaye too.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Prosecutor: "You used to play for Arsenal, nobody makes any noise at the Emirates do they?" Cole: "Am I supposed to laugh at that?"

Ashley Cole is my new favourite player.

That Marchisio! The away shirt looks really good, but where is the pink one? :)

She's wearing it
KuGsj.gif

Also, I'm not excited about Dempsey because I consider him a good player who had a great season last year and has no potential to become a great player. I just don't think he'll replicate his form from last season this year, I don't think he'll come close. And saying he played in midfield is like saying Gerrard played in midfield in 08/09

Paracelsus

I like the away one more than the home.

It doesn't take much as they fucked up big time with the sponsor patch background color, it should have been swapped and then both kits would be an easy 10/10, now it's 2/10 for the home kit and 5/10 for the away at best.

Kyoufu

or maybe they just haven't been serious enough about their interest, hell they even looked at Copenhagens left back and there has been writing about that.

Well the price Lille are looking for (6 million) is absolutely peanuts for the bigger clubs that were interested in him. You don't think they tried to get him instead?

In fact Robert Pires said in a French newspaper recently that Newcastle would be the right choice for Debuchy.

Let me have this moment dammit. LET ME HAVE DEBUUUUUUUUUUUCHY

qindarka

Banned
Defence: 'How many times have you been sent off in your career?' Terry: 'Four times ... I remain calm in tense matches'

jwZQVAc1YgxwM.jpg

He is right. That Barca match was an anomaly for him.

(I am talking about what happens on-field. I am not talking about and do not want to discuss either the trial or what happens off the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom