• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Bumhead

Banned
And is it just about qualifying for the CL. So when I'm old and I tell my grand kids about my football club will I tell them about the times we won trouphys or just the fact we finished in the top 4 for X amount of years.

Or is the fact you finished in the top 4 now a honour?

It's certainly nothing to get "livid" about.

GorillaJu

And is it just about qualifying for the CL. So when I'm old and I tell my grand kids about my football club will I tell them about the times we won trouphys or just the fact we finished in the top 4 for X amount of years.

Wenger is a magician. How he does it, I will never know. I know stuff is more expensive In London but come on, they need investment to compete to win the league and more.

No definitely not, but Arsenal play to a very high standard and the stadium is in London, so I can definitely see reason in the high ticket prices

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Slow news day, so lets post photos of managers who just look like they belonged on the sidelines, and looked suave as fuck while doing it. Or managers who you just feel comfortable having on the sidelines. All levels of the game, all countries

610x.jpg

Rafa_Benitez_and_Jose_Mourinho_PicGetty_956913152.jpg
- 2 in 1 :p

Marcello-Lippi-like-a-boss.jpg

159244hp2.jpg

trapattoni23.jpg

156545hp2.jpg

Fabio-Capello.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Paying the prices they do, selling their best players every year?

I'd be pissed off.

Those prices are ridiculous irrespective of performance. Football used to be the every man's game. It isn't anymore for too many people. Paying a grand for a season ticket is an absolute disgrace whether your team is winning everything every year or not.

But don't talk about finishing in the top 4 every year like it's some failure. My heart doesn't exactly bleed for any team moaning about that and neither should yours.

TrueBlue

Sam Wallace ‏@SamWallaceIndy
Terry: 'My mum dated a man from Liverpool and LFC fans made up a song 'My mum loves scouse c***''

daniel taylor ‏@DTguardian
Magistrate tells Ashley Cole most people would rather he stands up. Cole: "I'd rather sit down."

‏@DTguardian
Terry is shown non-broadcast video footage and admits he can see an "and" - but denies prosecution claim

‏@DTguardian
Prosecution asking Terry if he actually replied to AF jibes about Bridge affair with 'And yours' directly before the 'FBC'

KuGsj.gif

This is hilarious trolling.

faridmon

Wenger is a magician. How he does it, I will never know. I know stuff is more expensive In London but come on, they need investment to compete to win the league and more.

Dude, I like you and all, but this is just silly. The idea of money being the only thing that drives football should be looked down upon and the fact you will tell your grand kids that you bought the title should at least make you cringe and I do hope that happens.

Guess what I will tell my Grand children: I supported Everton when they were shite with Walter Smith being the most horrible manager in the history at the helm and how we were lucky to stay in the PL, and guess what: I will be proud, because I will tell them that we had incredible results throughout and made it to 4th.

Kyoufu

WoodenLung and DC are both corrupted by their sugar daddies.

Sure. Oil money wins you titles by buying the best players, but not EVERY football player is after money as their first priority.

I would also like to point out that I would love to be corrupted by a sugar daddy.

Arnie

WoodenLung and DC are both corrupted by their sugar daddies.

Sure. Oil money wins you titles by buying the best players, but not EVERY football player is after money as their first priority.

I would also like to point out that I would love to be corrupted by a sugar daddy.

If only teams could just lure players to the club with the promise of playing by their best mate, the world would be a lot simpler.

faridmon

Nani doesn't have any friends, he's a JT.

Speaking of, this court case is getting funnier by the second, Ray Wilkins has just arrived.

MY WORD JOHN TERRY ISNT A RACIST MY WORD

I presume those quotes are there to inject some sarcastic remarks on the whole issue, because those can not be real. Cole not standing up in court when he is asked to? That could not happen... could it?

GorillaJu

This court case sounds like the series finale of a TV show. People walking in the door, saying their tag line. Everyone claps and cheers when Ashley Cole says "I'd rather sit down." Everyone laughs when John Terry says "I'm not a racist."

It's true, others are after titles before money. If you don't think City or Chelsea could get Debuchy in front of Newcastle you are deluded. Of course it's easy for him to say that "Newcastle was my only choice to play with my good friend", when no one else has actually been seriously interested in him.

This court case sounds like the series finale of a TV show. People walking in the door, saying their tag line. Everyone claps and cheers when Ashley Cole says "I'd rather sit down." Everyone laughs when John Terry says "I'm not a racist."

Exactly

Ashley Cole: I'd rather sit down
Ray Wilkins wearing a judge's wig: Stay on your feet, young man. My word.

Bumhead

Banned

It's a joke and a waste of Magistrates time.

Terry has earned the maximum fine he'll have to pay if found guilty just by sitting there today.

Carbonox

Barcelona have got some nerve to only offer 8 million for Cabaye.

Fucking lol at that.

Wait you actually think the story is true? :lol Come on man stop believing everything you read. :p

Other stories suggest they will buy back Romeu. Plus there's Sergio Roberto who could get promoted. Shit, even Mascherano would be a good replacement for Keita on top of these two.

I very much doubt they are even interested in Cabaye as he's not the type of play they need. He's not a DM.

Kyoufu

It's true, others are after titles before money. If you don't think City or Chelsea could get Debuchy in front of Newcastle you are deluded. Of course it's easy for him to say that "Newcastle was my only choice to play with my good friend", when no one else has actually been seriously interested in him.

I must be deluded then, but it's not as if Debuchy just landed on Planet Earth a month ago. He's 26 years old and has only played for one club his whole life. If he was in it for the money, you don't think he would have moved earlier in his career?

Wait you actually think the story is true? :lol Come on man stop believing everything you read. :p

Other stories suggest they will buy back Romeu. Plus there's Sergio Roberto who could get promoted. Shit, even Mascherano would be a good replacement for Keita on top of these two.

I very much doubt they are even interested in Cabaye as he's not the type of play they need. He's not a DM.

It's muppet season I'll believe anything. :p

Arnie

suarez_cavani-1277567424.jpg

I presume those quotes are there to inject some sarcastic remarks on the whole issue, because those can not be real. Cole not standing up in court when he is asked to? That could not happen... could it?
It's a strange one this. I've seen witnesses give evidence at a witness box sitting down, in a magistrates court that is. I think people would be surprised what this place looks like, it's more than likely a small room with some pews and a dock (of which I don't think Terry will be in).

I must be deluded then, but it's not as if Debuchy just landed on Planet Earth a month ago. He's 26 years old and has only played for one club his whole life. If he was in it for the money, you don't think he would have moved earlier in his career?

Has he been good enough in the past to be offered a big-money move?

Akira

rangliste-1341843329.jpg

Kagawa: the only Bundesliga player deemed "world class" by Kicker. I think the press is starting to overrate him a bit...

He was waiting to get a few games on the international team and get some club to over pay him.

Kagawa: the only Bundesliga player deemed "world class" by Kicker. I think the press is starting to overrate him a bit...

Do you even know how the Kicker ratings work? They only rate the latest half of a season. Kagawa was incredible this year and it's totally deserved.

I think those shirts are alright really, nothing great but not awful either.

AVB more or less confirming Modric will leave if the price is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom