• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

Dude, I like you and all, but this is just silly. The idea of money being the only thing that drives football should be looked down upon and the fact you will tell your grand kids that you bought the title should at least make you cringe and I do hope that happens.

Guess what I will tell my Grand children: I supported Everton when they were shite with Walter Smith being the most horrible manager in the history at the helm and how we were lucky to stay in the PL, and guess what: I will be proud, because I will tell them that we had incredible results throughout and made it to 4th.

I get silly at times. I forget my place and where we came from as a club.

You watched Everton nearly get relegated?

I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen City relegated.

faridmon

You watched Everton nearly get relegated?

I couldn't tell you how many times I've seen City relegated.

Oh trust me, I wish we were relegated in those cases. We were utter rubbish and desreved to be down there than those who went down. Escaped twice in the final day of the season. Walter Smith is just a horrible manager.

fuenf

Spurs-GAF i am disappoint, no Steffen Freund hype?
f2bvd.jpg

Akira

Do you even know how the Kicker ratings work? They only rate the latest half of a season. Kagawa was incredible this year and it's totally deserved.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But I was just commenting on him being the only BL player who was rated "weltklasse" I've seen a couple of the other lists and as far as I saw he was the only one given the world class rating. I rate him as such, but then again I'm a huge fan of his.

Arnie

Spurs-GAF i am disappoint, no Steffen Freund hype?

Expect him to take over in nine months when AVB is sacked, he'll then go on to win the Europa League.

I'm being facetious, obviously. Just watched that interview with AVB on the Spurs website and the first thing I was reminded of is how gravelly his voice is, sounds like he's got a permanent sore throat. Reassuring for Spurs fans that he wants to win titles.

Arnie

Charlie Adam just retweeted someone who got his name on the back of their new shirt. Why the fuck would you opt in to having Charlie Adam's name on your back?

faridmon

Charlie Adam just retweeted someone who got his name on the back of their new shirt. Why the fuck would you opt in to having Charlie Adam's name on your back?

Diversity, I guess. You don't to be the millionth person in the world to have Gerrards name on your back, would you?

And maybe he is from Blackpool.

dc89

I've been thinking for my upcoming shirt purchase, maybe I'll go with someone a little out of the ordinary.

I've had Tevez, Silva & Aguero the last 3 seasons.

Maybe it's time for a Savic or Nasri.

or wait for RVP to join

I've been thinking for my upcoming shirt purchase, maybe I'll go with someone a little out of the ordinary.

I've had Tevez, Silva & Aguero the last 3 seasons.

Maybe it's time for a Savic or Nasri.

or wait for RVP to join
You should get Kompany.

dc89

You should get Kompany.

you have actually read my mind.

mcfc-118088.jpg

Though I may wait to see what the European font is like this season cause that is always smart. I got my Aguero shirt with that last season, only cause it was our debut season in the CL. Pity it was kinda short.

But I want the Champions patches, then I can put the shirt away safe once this season is dealt with!

GAH! Problems.

Yes, I'm aware of that. But I was just commenting on him being the only BL player who was rated "weltklasse" I've seen a couple of the other lists and as far as I saw he was the only one given the world class rating. I rate him as such, but then again I'm a huge fan of his.

Don't know who else deserves it, though. Ribery wasn't that great for France and Hummels got too much shit for that one mistake against Italy, that drops them down to "Internationale Klasse". I'd maybe pick Lewandowski, no good Euro but really not much he could do about it.

Fady K

We'll get Baineses and we'll like it.

Only if Fletch made a miraculous recovery and got back into the mix would Moura be a defensible way to spend that much money. We're not missing pace and creativity. I mean, a muppet always wants more, but you can't sensibly say that we are deficient in that respect.

Baines would be a wonderful addition to any team, he's just great. I think Moura's far too expensive for either of our clubs really. I mean, when the owner finds 25 million to be insulting, then we've got a problem. Still can't believe Chelsea paid 50 freakin' million for Torres, but I must admit I'm very, very happy with him these days.

:( Poor guy. he deserves better than this.

The more i read about the going ons over there, the more it seems that RVP is just pulling a Rooney in order to get a MASSIVE Contract.

If this is true, I dont think City will let Silva leave easily and Real would have to pay crazy amount of $

Never seen Lucas play but Brazilians are always hyped through the roof. Dunno how i should feel about this. Welbeck wont leave. He is not good enough for other top sides yet and i dont see why he would leave for a smaller club at this stage.

I know, such a shame for Berba and I'm surprised no offers were made! I myself doubt Persie is doing this to add a lot more money to his pocket, I think he is a more ambitious than that and all. As for Silva to Madrid, I don't buy it - not this season at least. And yes, I too think Welbeck will stay. He's only just had his first big year there.

That's way too warm for me :p

At the moment the temperature is okayish. The thing is tough, if it gets warm here it's never that nice warmth you have in Spain for example. Over here it always get's so stuffy. And besides that, we only have a real summer for a couple of weeks. The last few winters we also had lots and lots of snow. And of course we have our fair share of rain.

Tell me about it bro! I could do with 20 degrees less! Oh really, that's what it's like there huh? In the summer here it gets humid - and it kills! Sounds like a fair mix of weather in your city. One thing I didn't like much about England in particular whenever I visited is it was very sombre, very gray :[ The skies, the clouds and all. Always went in the summer period though.

Ahahaha, Vucinic is already loaded. :))) I LOVE the back. The sticker is pretty bad, but I guess we knew that.

I don't understand why Jeep simply did not have their logo in white instead. Baffling.

Silva HNNNNNNGGGGGGG

I want a Spain shirt with his name.

While I can't call him a mancrush (don't think I even have one lol) I will say that he always looked like a badass to me!

Arnie

It's only four letters. Cheap name, innit.

True but it's two numbers. Swings and roundabouts. And anyway I'd rather have no name at all than be saddled with Adam.

We were discussing naming ideas for programmes about premier league footballers, and 'Saddled With Adam' sounds pretty good to me.

fuenf

Don't know who else deserves it, though. Ribery wasn't that great for France and Hummels got too much shit for that one mistake against Italy, that drops them down to "Internationale Klasse". I'd maybe pick Lewandowski, no good Euro but really not much he could do about it.

Tbh these rankings are crap and biased. Like you said you could make a case for Hummels, Neuer to be considered world class as well. They dont really judge the players performance and generally tend to go with the flavour of the month. Actually i wouldnt be surprised if they rate Lewandowski world class.

Facism

Gold Member
Hey Fady, Dutch and English weather are very much a like. North sea climate. But I think it rains more often in England.

Indeed. It rains more in England because the environment is soaked in depression and the bitterness of British women, and chooses to manifest itself by pissing itself down on us every couple of hours.

Hey Fady, Dutch and English weather are very much a like. North sea climate. But I think it rains more often in England.

I can't imagine there is some place in the world with more rain than the Netherlands (perhaps under a waterfall, but that's also doubtful).

Linius

Indeed. It rains more in England because the environment is soaked in depression and the bitterness of British women, and chooses to manifest itself by pissing itself down on us every couple of hours.
It's a conspiracy man :p

Maybe I'm visiting England next year for the first time. Thinking about attending Glastonbury. Muddy fields and shit weather will be attending too I guess :(

Messi

Getting to be Superman in Lego Batman 2 is way more fun than it should be. Flying > all. How long till I get him in the open world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom