• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Here is something I saw, and I think looks good. Obviously it isn't real:

bCebS.jpg

Thats basically Liverpool's kit from 08/09.

dc89

I think it was Viva who was asking me about Lopes who has gone on the pre-season tour of Austria.

Lopez%20pic%202.ashx

Lopez%20baileys%20blog%20day%203.ashx

He's an attacking midfielder with a strong left foot and according to David Platt "we've not took him to simply make the numbers up. He can cope at this level."

For a 16 year old, he looks a bit of a unit.

" No doubt Dybala next year will play in Palermo . " - the president of Instituto de Cordoba Juan Carlos Barrera

Now fuck off City, even their president said it now. Stop corrupting him, only Chelsea are allowed to do that.

Mmmm don't think it was me dc but yeah for sure he looks way older than 16...

Some "ITK" types expect United to switch to Adidas when the deal with Nike expires too.

Meier

Now fuck off City, even their president said it now. Stop corrupting him, only Chelsea are allowed to do that.

Those guys are always talking out of the side of their mouth. The next Kun should be training with the current Kun!

Also, hot damn at this picture.. this is gorgeous regardless of who's on the pitch. No wonder they decided to train there! Reminds me of earlier this year when some photos of a few of the Ligue 1 stadiums were shown that were in the Alps.

Arnie

My first thought was that we almost won the league in that kit.

I'd still wear mine if it didn't have Torres on the back.

Tony Evans just answered a few questions on Twitter, said he believes United want to sell Nani and he expects Carroll to be the first major exit from the club.

Feorax

Aqullani's agent has decided Aqua is staying with us next season.

Not entirely sure the player got a say in it, but won't hurt to have our number 4 back in place of Charlie "NASA" Adam.

Aquillani - Lucas - Gerrard

Henderson, Jonjo and a backup DM on standby. Midfield sorted.

Arnie

Not entirely sure the player got a say in it, but won't hurt to have our number 4 back in place of Charlie "NASA" Adam.
This made me laugh.

Happy that Aquilani is staying and I'm sure he'll be given the opportunity to play by Rodgers, giving how he murders the rest of our midfield in technique and passing.

rodvik

Aquillani - Lucas - Gerrard

Henderson, Jonjo and a backup DM on standby. Midfield sorted.

Not gonna believe this until Dave Whelan confirms.

K1LLER7

Rio Ferdinand Twitter said:
Met our new signing shinji Kagawa today....his locker is next to mine so I am working on my Japanese for him! Seems a nice guy!

My 1st Japanese lesson, I should have referred to him as Kagawa Shinji, which is how he will be referred to on all Man United mags/progs etc.

Kagawa and Rio seem to be getting along well :)

Until Adidas decided to just add the damn stripes anyways. In European games Ajax allways played with stripes btw. Adidas policy or something.

Very true. They used to look so nice (even the European variant). Here's hoping they show Arsenal's kit a bit of respect.
Adidas speak for 'make a decent kit first time around then blag the rest'

Linius

I'm addicted to this.

Also, Ajax finally got rid of problem child El Hamdaoui today. He's well on his way to Fiorentina. Too bad we lost a couple of worthless millions on him, but I'm happy he's finally gone.

D_prOdigy

So be it, there's still Witsel who'd cost a lot less and is a very good player.

Have never really registered him before very recently. Banned rag reckon Benfica interested in Anderson - wonder how feasible/sensible straight swap for Anderson would be. I'm sure we could put Anderson in kitten heels and a hat and say he's worth £20m.

Bumhead

Banned
What are people's opinions on the use of Twitter in the transfer market?

I imagine it's different for a lot of other clubs fans on here because there's more rumours and therefore more bullshit flying around, but we have one guy called John Percy who is allegedly a journalist in the Midlands with links at SWFC, and he seems to regularly tweet our transfer news before even our local journalists or other fans do. He does get some stuff wrong, but has also got plenty right.

He's currently saying we are close to signing Antonio (young English winger from Reading, we had him last season on loan and he was quality) for £750k, as well as Jay Boothroyd and DJ Campbell on season long loans.

I just don't find myself trusting Twitter rumours no matter how legit. I don't know if it's just me. Maybe I just need to get with the times, haha.

Are there any unofficial Twitter sources you trust for your own clubs news? Do you not trust any?

Apparently Sneijder could be moving to Anzhi.

Also, Denisov, the Russian CM says he wouldn't be able to say no to RM, Barca and MUFC. CM...go on Fergie, may aswell, looked like he could string a pass or two together at the Euro's.

What are people's opinions on the use of Twitter in the transfer market?

I imagine it's different for a lot of other clubs fans on here because there's more rumours and therefore more bullshit flying around, but we have one guy called John Percy who is allegedly a journalist in the Midlands with links at SWFC, and he seems to regularly tweet our transfer news before even our local journalists or other fans do. He does get some stuff wrong, but has also got plenty right.

He's currently saying we are close to signing Antonio (young English winger from Reading, we had him last season on loan and he was quality) for £750k, as well as Jay Boothroyd and DJ Campbell on season long loans.

I just don't find myself trusting Twitter rumours no matter how legit. I don't know if it's just me. Maybe I just need to get with the times, haha.

Are there any unofficial Twitter sources you trust for your own clubs news? Do you not trust any?
Generally it's bad and allows for rumours to spread and grow.

There are a couple of sources for MUFC news I trust but they're not on Twitter or at least don't share that information on Twitter.

I am a big fan of Twitter though, it's the best news source out there just so long as you follow the right people.

kharma45

Have never really registered him before very recently. Banned rag reckon Benfica interested in Anderson - wonder how feasible/sensible straight swap for Anderson would be. I'm sure we could put Anderson in kitten heels and a hat and say he's worth £20m.

Straight swap I couldn't see, but Anderson plus £8 million, maybe 10, might snag him.

K1LLER7

rumours that Modric has handed in a transfer request. Would seem likely after AVB's comments and a good way to pull his price down.

^ Portuguese journalist who comes on Talksport has said often that United could be in for him.

Linius

Haha, this is some pretty crazy news. You guys might know Yolanthe, Sneijders stunning wife. Before Sneijder she got a relationship with some terrible Dutch singer. Anyways, that singer guy was supposed to sing for a supermarket commercial with two others for the football campaign. At least, till our little friend Wesley found out this guy was in. He personally arranged that they picked another singer :lol

G-Unit

Hello football gaf, former lurker joining

Huge Barca Fan. Hello to messi and fady, you are famous in the lurkers community lol

As a present, and for those who haven't watch it, here is a Barca documental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQPnbML1WFY

It's amazing, showing what was the first year of laporta (2003-2004) like. What you see here blows my mind. Enjoy

Haha, this is some pretty crazy news. You guys might know Yolanthe, Sneijders stunning wife. Before Sneijder she got a relationship with some terrible Dutch singer. Anyways, that singer guy was supposed to sing for a supermarket commercial with two others for the football campaign. At least, till our little friend Wesley found out this guy was in. He personally arranged that they picked another singer :lol
I don't get it.

Was she involved in the commercial?

Anyway, seems like a silly and unnecessary thing to do.

Arnie

Hello football gaf, former lurker joining

Huge Barca Fan. Hello to messi and fady, you are famous in the lurkers community lol

As a present, and for those who haven't watch it, here is a Barca documental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQPnbML1WFY

It's amazing, showing what was the first year of laporta (2003-2004) like. What you see here blows my mind. Enjoy
Awesome first post in the thread, welcome, will watch that video soon.

kharma45

Has there even been any rumours about Witsel to United?

There has been, although Benfica's director of football has said

“Witsel plays for Benfica,” Costa told Portugese newspaper Record.

“He is doing pre-season training, and we look forward to the Eusebio Cup (a pre-season tournament) – not the transfer market.

“Logically, all who are in training are Benfica players.”

But then you don't really expect them to say much else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom