• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Inter sporting director Marco Branca reportedly on his way to London to discuss Julio Cesar with both Spurs & Arsenal representatives.

And Ibrahimovic's Agent Mino Raiola sneaked out of Milan's head office using the back exit following a four-hour meeting with Adriano Galliani. I smell a mino-betrayal!

Yurt you are ready?

ipuVNuG2yahmk.jpg

:troll:

It's too heavy for him. (pun not intended)

Unfortunately, his other number, 20 is taken by Padoin -_-

Carbonox

Alan Pardew has said he expects another transfer deal completed within the next fortnight but also to expect nothing for a week at least.

I reckon Debuchy or Clyne will be the next player in. Both aren't simple transfers for a variety of reasons so I can see it dragging a bit.

Kyoufu

Alan Pardew has said he expects another transfer deal completed within the next fortnight but also to expect nothing for a week at least.

I reckon Debuchy or Clyne will be the next player in. Both aren't simple transfers for a variety of reasons so I can see it dragging a bit.

Most likely Debuchy if Lille sign Bosingwa. Looking forward to it.

Would love a CB too. I guess we'll have to wait until the very end of the window for news about Douglas.

Taraabt has signed a new 4 year contract with QPR, I hope he gets more of a chance next season and plays well. I love watching him.

Park is the new QPR #7, wasn't it Joey Barton's last season?

Club crest looks cheap there. Needs to be stitched in the same colour as the suit.

Jose used to wear some real nice suits when he was Chelsea manager.

GQman2121

Banned
I don't think any summer signing makes more sense than Moutinho to Spurs. For both the club and player.

Hopefully, this is a sign that Modric has selected a destination and is out the door.

Some rumours Moutinho to Spurs is close now.

*sigh*

That'll be another one lost. 5 years since we signed a CM. Embarrassing.

Don't worry. I'm sure in a few years Fergie will be obsessed with buying a CM and buy loads.

First it was wingers, now it's CAMs. CM will have to wait its turn.

;_;

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hopefully, this is a sign that Modric has selected a destination and is out the door.

The only destinations for Modric are Madrid and PSG. They are the only two clubs that are not based in the PL, can afford the £35m fee and offer CL football.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Here's an ass shot to help you decide.

https://p.twimg.com/Axhvl8FCIAIAV7l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I love how the white background behind the players name is merging with the shoulders!

He took Borriello's number finally. [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mjsAu.gif
mjsAu.gif

Lightning

Banned
Still hard to believe he signed a 6 year contract.
Yeah, the fool threw his career away and gave spurs all the ammo. It's at the point where he will have no choice but to refuse to play in order to get a transfer because he is not worth the money spurs want and they are just looking to screw someone for him.

Meier

Once AVB took over Spurs, the chance that Moutinho would go to United dropped by about 10,000%. Obviously nothing can be counted out until the ink is dry, but I can't imagine him not moving to Spurs if they're willing to pay what Porto want.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Yeah, the fool threw his career away and gave spurs all the ammo. It's at the point where he will have no choice but to refuse to play in order to get a transfer because he is not worth the money spurs want and they are just looking to screw someone for him.

lol

Modric's stats for last season are up there with Xavi and Pirlo in terms of key passes. He is well worth £35m in today's market, and if nobody is willing to pay that then tough shit for him. We aren't going to cave in and sell him on the cheap like Arsenal did with Fabregas.

Salvadora

Once AVB took over Spurs, the chance that Moutinho would go to United dropped by about 10,000%. Obviously nothing can be counted out until the ink is dry, but I can't imagine him not moving to Spurs if they're willing to pay what Porto want.

United can offer CL football and can probably hit the fee with greater ease than Tottenham. You never know.

Arnie

God, that pseudo press conference at Tottenham's new training ground looks mega awkward. Villas-Boas just stood there with microphones thrust in his face.

United can offer CL football and can probably hit the fee with greater ease than Tottenham. You never know.
I believe procuring funds for the transfer will be a simpler exercise for Spurs to be honest, they need to flog Modric, a player who's stock is incredibly high, and they've got their money.

Where do a club like United who're haemorrhaging so much money pull an extra £30 million from, when they've not sold any major players and have already spent a significant amount in the market on Kagawa and (likely)Baines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom