• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont know a lot about japanese culture tbf, i hear you're an expert.

Does anyone know if I can PM Evilore about the 'JT' situation and talk to him civilly, or will he ban me for just bringing it up?

Even if there was, it's no more of an excuse than if a player scored a goal against one of our teams, etc.
I think if he banned you for that then you and the rest of us should realize this isn't a community worth being a part of.

pappe

Does £50m for for Silva and Ibra seem a bit low to anyone else?

I know Ibra is 30 but he's still in the middle of a contract so would cost a fair bit. And Thiago Silva is one of the best defenders in the world. You'd have thought that Milan could get more for the 2 of them.

Maybe they need the money and are willing to sell for a bit less?
50 mil each or a combined 50 for both?

Also if they both leave I am betting my house that Juve will win everything in Italian football for a few seasons

If its each I believe they r over-valuating Ibra and if its a combined figure for both, its a steal. Highway robbery.

Kyoufu

50 mil each or a combined 50 for both?

Also if they both leave I am betting my house that Juve will win everything in Italian football for a few seasons

If its each I believe they r over-valuating Ibra and if its a combined figure for both, its a steal. Highway robbery.

I'm not their chairman so it's not 50 million each.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The movie is out in a week or something, what are you guys even doing there?

Vivalaraza said:
Didn't they just turn down 50m for Thiago Silva alone?

65m for both means 70m for Silva and -5M for Ibra. PSG knows if you buy Ibra, you give up your CL hopes with him.
27q62.png

Clegg

It's low in this transfer market bubble we're in, but I think that's about what they are worth, with maybe a small bulk discount.

I agree that £50m for the 2 roughly represents their actual value. But in this inflated transfer market? £50m for a world class centre half and a great goalscorer against minnow sides? You'd be looking at £65m or something in that region.

£100m if you're Liverpool.

FootballFan

Amini scored his first goal for Dortmund, he's pretty cool.

Dude looks a bit chubby, though, lol

The weird looking dude from the Hyundai A league, right? :lol

Hello football gaf, former lurker joining

Huge Barca Fan. Hello to messi and fady, you are famous in the lurkers community lol

As a present, and for those who haven't watch it, here is a Barca documental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQPnbML1WFY

It's amazing, showing what was the first year of laporta (2003-2004) like. What you see here blows my mind. Enjoy

Welcome G Unit. :D Enjoy ya stay.

Visca el Barça! Also hi to the other lurkers.

Death Note was such an amazing anime. The soundtrack, writing... everything.

Love the first 26 eps. Great anime.

First post, about a year long lurker.. What I have gathered is football-gaf = best gaf.

City fans in their 2 man circle jerk talking about United's demise.

Liverpool fans on their knees for Suarez.

Wilbury back.

This place is horrid tonight.

Make that a 3 way circle jerk. Cmon Khaldoon, you know you want Javi... I don't think City need a striker unless Dzeko goes back to Germany, and even then Aguero, Balo, Tevez, and Guidetti would be more than enough in my eyes. Really hope this RvP is all nonsense too.

Btw Killer7 yes we are doing Fantasy Football for the PL this year again. I can't wait until the game goes live so I can waste hours just looking at player stats and moaning about players being over priced and creating loads of different teams and meticulously plan my transfers for the first few game weeks.

FF is serious business.

First post, about a year long lurker.. What I have gathered is football-gaf = best gaf.

Make that a 3 way circle jerk. Cmon Khaldoon, you know you want Javi... I don't think City need a striker unless Dzeko goes back to Germany, and even then Aguero, Balo, Tevez, and Guidetti would be more than enough in my eyes. Really hope this RvP is all nonsense too.
Kerm?

Slizz

Welcome, along with all the other newcomers. Good to see new blood.

Arnie

Salaam

A new City fan, eh. I expect more of this over the coming years, until eventually the United contingent is just Viva and Sal sifting through grave financial reports.

Clegg

Welco...

FFS

Btw Killer7 yes we are doing Fantasy Football for the PL this year again. I can't wait until the game goes live so I can waste hours just looking at player stats and moaning about players being over priced and creating loads of different teams and meticulously plan my transfers for the first few game weeks.

FF is serious business.
Only to have it crash and burn within three weeks because aguero is slumping. Skyrtel gets hurt. And de Gea can't keep a clean sheet.

Clegg

Salaam

A new City fan, eh. I expect more of this over the coming years, until eventually the United contingent is just Viva and Sal sifting through grave financial reports.
Ahem.

Viva is much too fatalistic to still be a United fan if everything comes crashing down.

I'll still be here. But thats because I'm a machochist.

pappe

Welcome junior. :p

You would still have Tevez around after the stunts he pulled over the past year?

Does anyone know if I can PM Evilore about the 'JT' situation and talk to him civilly, or will he ban me for just bringing it up?
Well if you want to sacrifice yourself for the greater good, then you should probably wait a few weeks since EviLore's traveling through Europe now.

Salaam

Me and Sal are cut from a different cloth. Even if we're in division 3 he'll find solace in Clever Tom who will no doubt be our star player by then.

I won't be around.

Arnie

I actually felt bad reading this. Kermit told me off on Twitter today.

Kermit hasn't spoke to me on Twitter since we had an argument where I told him to unfollow, he was trying to burn me by pointing out spelling mistakes or something. I always enjoyed conversing with him but I often felt he was too hasty to jump into an argument or act defensively.

Wilbur

Banned
Fiorentina home is hot. Prandelli, return and make them wear it with sexual passion.

Also Kermit loves me so I have no beef

pappe

Btw Arnie when u are attempting account suicide by bugging Evilore abt the c-word. Request-no, demand-to revoke kermits and jeffs(if he is perma'd) ban

Welcome junior. :p

You would still have Tevez around after the stunts he pulled over the past year?

Absolutely, I know he doesn't love city and Im ok with that. 2 more years from him and he can go wherever he pleases. Don't see any of the strikers we are currently linked with (RvP, Falcao, ect..) being much better than Tevez. He also seems to have his head on right so far at camp and looks fitter than he did all last season.

I realize I'm probably in the minority on the Tevez issue amongst city fans.

Lightning

Banned
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/11/andre-villas-boas-roman-abramovich-chelsea

I hope a lot of this AVB comments is lost in translation or taken out of context (and I am going to assume so given how awful sports journos are), because if not, he is coming across as a real twat.
No he is not. You look at how spurs handled the redknapp situation and compare it to how roman treats his managers. Roman showed no faith in the man he paid through the nose to get, did little to nothing to install confidence or speculation and then sacked him before completing 1 season. Roman is a jackass, he is the sole reason I hate Chelsea.

omgkitty

The purple one is awesome.

I know it does....but seriously? Listen to this bullshit reasoning:

The purple design gives the kit a regal flavour in this Diamond Jubilee year for a side that was known as 'Royal Arsenal' in the 1890s, having been formed at the Arsenal munitions factory in Woolwich, South London.

The red trim on the shirt cuffs compliments the purple body, while the differing hoop patterns on the shirt provide a modern twist.

The inner back neck graphic, meanwhile, takes the form of the Club’s motto, ‘Victoria Concordia Crescit’, the Latin for ‘Victory Through Harmony’, while the outer back neck graphic pays tribute to legendary manager Herbert Chapman’s innovative WM formation.

The purple and black hooped socks, bearing one red stripe each, pay tribute to Chapman’s legacy and his introduction of hooped socks to make it easier for players to pick each other out on the pitch.

omgkitty

Fuck I just realized that the new home kit is listed as 12/14....they finally decide to keep a kit for 2 years and they choose the weird ass design with blue stripes :(

Arnie

If Wilshere doesn't play again this season then I'm going to think of him as a model/actor. All I see of him is modelling kits, drinking pepsi and adorning the cover of FIFA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom