• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Frosted Shreddies are best Shreddies.
Agreed. Unfortunately my mum still thinks I'm 8 years old and buys those ridiculous variety packs that encumber you with shit cereal.
I'm plowing through s4 right now to be ready for Sunday
Apparently season 4 hits Netflix at the weekend, which should be great timing. I'll rocket through that and meet the season 5 crew in time for the second episode.

About to grab a bowl of Coco Shreddies, a glass of Innocent orange juice and go for a Breaking Bad marathon.

I'm so fucking excited for season 5. It's giving me such a colossal erection just thinking about it. Usually when I get erections it's around average size but when it's a Breaking Bad erection? I see tourists flocking outside my house wearing berets and taking pictures because they think it's the Eiffel Tower.

Breaking Bad man. Good shit.

Agreed. Unfortunately my mum still thinks I'm 8 years old and buys those ridiculous variety packs that encumber you with shit cereal.

Apparently season 4 hits Netflix at the weekend, which should be great timing. I'll rocket through that and meet the season 5 crew in time for the second episode.
Borrowed it from a co-worker so I get it in delicious Blu-Ray goodness.

Wilbur

Banned
Still on S2, haven't watched it in a few weeks. Been well busy.

AA, you need to change your avatar now the person who is compliant with sexual laws has returned.

Wilbur

Banned
Jeff is back?!

UsiJl.gif

Jensen

She's never attempted to watch it because she says it looks like a bunch of fucking idiots running around a field.
Oh dear, how can she not want to see those New Zealand landscapes?

LOTR and The Titanic are the only two non South Asian films my Mum likes. She even watched the extended editions.

Wilbz was called out by G-Fex?

You've just hit rock bottom.
Things are getting tasty

Wilbur

Banned
Oh c'mon. At actual fucking I'd say I'm only about a 7/10, I know, not great. Cunnilingus though? Solid 9.5/10.

I deserve this chance.

I reckon you're absolutely shit at getting them there in the first place though. You might be a solid mini licker but your dirty talk must be ludicrously shite.

'Why aye man, come suck on me bollocks while I watch Premier League Goals 95/96'

I reckon you're absolutely shit at getting them there in the first place though. You might be a solid mini licker but your dirty talk must be ludicrously shite.

'Why aye man, come suck on me bollocks while I watch Premier League Goals 95/96'

Worryingly accurate

Kyoufu

Hahahaha. Dat Geordie accent must be weird in bed.

Labadal

So I'm looking at our squad again, and I was thinking to myself that maybe we should give joe Cole another chance. Play him behind the striker. Why the fuck not? We have had so many unsuccessful signings, but I want them to be good. He played 42 games and scored 9 goals, why wouldn't he be able to do something sinilar in Liverpool? I don't want him to be loaned out another season. Keep him and use him or sell him.

I don't know about Dani Pacheco, but I remember him being hyped up like hell. Let him prove himself in pre-season, and determine his future from there.

I'd like Aquilani to stay and do well, but if think he'll leave in the end. Another failed signing. He's obviously a good player, otherwise Juve and Milan would not have loaned him. If he's ready to play for us, he could probably add a lot to the squad.

Nathan Eccleston, don't like the guy, period.

Danny Wilso has not impressed me in any of the games he played. I had hopes for this kid.

I'm sitting watching American Psycho eating beans on toast with cheese.

It's almost like living in halls again but without the smell of stale beer and casual boob/arse squeezing

GorillaJu

After Mr. Henry takes a quick picture** with Marko and I, they ask Ryan about some good Whites for a party they are holding. Brilliantly, they are quick to note they are specifically for partygoers. They prefer reds. That’s too perfect. They agree on a particular bottle and Ryan begins assisting Mr. Henry with choosing a nice red. I thought our little encounter with them was over and I was completely satisfied with that. Then Linda comes up to me: “What do you think about the new mascot, Mighty Red?” Really? Linda Pizzuti is asking my opinion on club related business? I have to admit, that relatively innocent question flattered the heck out of me. Without skipping a beat John pops over to clarify that it’s not exactly a mascot. “He won’t be on the pitch,” he jokes and we all laugh a bit. An equally as innocent remark but one that spoke volumes. They get it. It’s a different sporting culture. An on-field mascot wouldn’t, and hasn’t, been accepted by fans in the English sporting culture for the most part.

“He won’t be like Wally,” she said referring to the loveable Red Sox mascot. It’s something for the kids she says, noting they want to make the club and Anfield more family friendly. Very young kids can often relate better to an iconic character like that than to an athlete. She went on and on, in an incredibly informed manner that made my jaw drop. She knew her stuff and I was very impressed. There I was having an impromptu conversation with the first lady of Liverpool Football Club about Anfield and Mighty Red. It was delightful. Mr. Henry even had to tap her on the shoulder and remind her that they had to catch a dinner reservation.

They check out, chat for another minute or two and head out the door. Then, just as he’s leaving, he leans back into the shop not unlike John Wayne and says, “It looks like we got the striker from Roma.” We were stunned. John Henry just let us in on a bit of transfer news. I asked about the Dempsey rumors and he obliged me with an actual response instead of a stock line like “we’ll see what happens.” I won’t go into detail about what he said but it was a moment that made my day.

From a blog writer's encounter with Liverpool's principle owner and his disproportionately hot wife. They seem like pleasant folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom