• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Sheikh's pay in gold?!

No, they throw money at you.

mRXCR.gif

I'll take every excuse to use this .gif at least once a week.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's going to be a cakewalk for Juve next season.

You never know! But we're heavy favourites.

Napoli are going all out in the league and we'll see about Milan, I guess it depends on their transfer market.

You can safety rule out Inter, they rediscovered their loser gene
ib0r83R812t83I.png

Arnie

Don't worry, he'll go nuts with Uraguay at the Olympics and be hitting the woodwork again by September.

I'm really up for playing him dead centre at the head of our team. That's where he's so prolific for Uruguay. Have Borini and someone else along side him, or supporting him.

Raheem speaks really well, especially for a young lad. He said that in training, Rodgers told the group, "If you're good enough, you're old enough".

Arnie

So good. He's been playing at that level for Uruguay for years now.

I'd say he's top 5 in the world (at international level).

I'd agree. Can't think of many strikers more prolific for their country. I'm gagging to see that sort of form for us, and I feel it's only a matter of time. It needs to be soon though, and it needs to help us secure Champions League football. If ever we need an RVP like injection of goals it's now. I'm not sure how many more seasons we can hold onto him by simply qualifying for the Europa League.

Feorax

I'm really up for playing him dead centre at the head of our team. That's where he's so prolific for Uruguay. Have Borini and someone else along side him, or supporting him.

Luis Suarez, Liverpool's number 9?

I'm all for building a team around Suarez' attacking ability, and I think with Aquillani staying and Lucas returning, our midfield doesn't look like it needs as much investment. My concern is that with Kuyt gone, Maxi and Bellamy heavily linked with moves away, and now Carroll off, that only leaves Suarez, Cole, the youngsters and Downing (who I would rather see as cover for LB.)

Are we going to have the funds to cover that kind of an exodus? We lacked depth upfront last year anyway, and that's a massive ask of Rodgers without FSG assisting in funding.

Wilbur

Banned
Luis Suarez, Liverpool's number 9?

I'm all for building a team around Suarez' attacking ability, and I think with Aquillani staying and Lucas returning, our midfield doesn't look like it needs as much investment. My concern is that with Kuyt gone, Maxi and Bellamy heavily linked with moves away, and now Carroll off, that only leaves Suarez, Cole, the youngsters and Downing (who I would rather see as cover for LB.)

uhhhhhh this is something I'm really looking forward to. End of August when everyone's made their transfers, getting the new FIFA/Pro Evo and changing everyone's teams and formations; Liverpool with a cheeky 4-3-3 but with Carroll or Suarez up front? United with a 4-2-3-1 with Kagawa in CM or CAM? Chelsea with defenders?

SO DAMN HOT

Carbonox

Guys, just came from having some beers with Evilore and finded out one awesome thing.

He knows Football is Football, not Handegg.

Yeah we need to know if you clarified the JT with him.

Edit: Just saw your post above. What did he say, what did you say, we need details. If you didn't do a good job in clarifying then we may need to off you and send a new mole in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom