• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Twitter bullshit:

Just been told Borini transfer hit a snag. #THFC willing to break wage structure to sign Borini. Now leaders to sign... #LFC #Roma

... also Spurs agree to pay #LFC for using them as scouts for past few seasons. #THFC #justkiddingguys

Wessiej

Reportedly, we didn't have first team scouts until just this month when we brought in 3 from City.

We have youth scouts and they've done some great work for us.

1331806168_ajax_twitter_@AjaxFSideNL.jpg

GorillaJu

It really does get better as the season goes on. wouldn't know about the Lost guys as I hated that show.

This is a joke, right?

Nope. It's been floating around that Brendan Rodgers' first priority before anything else was to sort out the scouting system. It's probably an exaggeration, but it's telling that we brought in three scouts and didn't fire anyone.

It's probably that we had scouts, but no structure or system.

Kyoufu

All hail that youtube video scouting team.

Some magician video editors would be needed to make Adam and Downing look good on youtube.

Nope. It's been floating around that Brendan Rodgers' first priority before anything else was to sort out the scouting system. It's probably an exaggeration, but it's telling that we brought in three scouts and didn't fire anyone.

It's probably that we had scouts, but no structure or system.

That's crazy :/

Messi

I am thinking about booking a hotel in Bilbao next april for a week. I want to see the sights and then catch the Bilbao-Barcelona game. Any of the Spanish residents feel like telling me wether or not this is a good idea? Is bilbao a nice city to tour around? I really want to see San Mames before its gone and I have always wanted to go to an away barca game. I would not even mind sitting in the Bilbao supporters section.

Do Barca/Bilbao games sell out in San Mames? Never looks like it on TV.

jtb

Banned
I refuse to believe that anything associated with JJ Abrams could possibly be good. How he somehow became the go to guy n Hollywood for formulaic garbage I have no idea... Guy's been miss after miss after miss since Alias. And even that was pretty hit and miss.

GorillaJu

Btw you didn't need to make Downing look good the years before we bought him. He was playing really well for Villa. Probably just mental fragility that he ended up being so shit for us last season. I'm backing him to put in a good shift this year. He'll have had time to settle in and settle down, and he'll benefit from Rodgers' disciplinarian tactics.

He won't be a star player like he was for Villa, but he does have quality. If Andy Carroll wasn't a useless lump for 6 months, he would have racked up a good stack of assists.

If we get Dempsey, they'll make a good team. Demps is great in the air and actually knows how to move about in and around the box.

Salvadora

I refuse to believe that anything associated with JJ Abrams could possibly be good. How he somehow became the go to guy n Hollywood for formulaic garbage I have no idea... Guy's been miss after miss after miss since Alias. And even that was pretty hit and miss.

'Created by Jonathan Nolan' was the line that got my attention.

kharma45

You didn't like Star Trek :eek: or the Mission Impossible films he was involved with?

Kyoufu

Uh dude...

Star Trek...

GorillaJu

The Star Trek movie was indeed awesome.

Lost sucks though. And I heard JJ Abrams isn't even responsible for the first season or two - aka the only times Lost was interesting enough to be watchable.

sneaky77

I loved Lost so I guess I am on the minority here, but JJ Abrams did not have to do much with it, even the Pilot was written by Landelof

Fry

Love the Lost-hate. These people will never understand.

J.J was somewhat involved for a while. He even was in a conference with the cast/crew in 2007.

jtb

Banned
You didn't like Star Trek :eek: or the Mission Impossible films he was involved with?

Lost was all Damon and I fucking loved that shit up until season five when the creative team decided to destroy all that was good about their own show and insult the audience while they were at it. Why? I have no fucking clue. Anyways, as we all suspected with Lost and was confirmed with Prometheus... Mr lindelof cannot write a satisfying third act to save his life.

As for JJ's film output, I'm probably the only person who didn't jizz their pnts over the appalling Star Trek, Super 8 was a piss poor imitation of Spielberg and MI3 is the worst of the four IMO.

Kyoufu

I had to quit Lost during Season 3 I think. So bad.

First two seasons were excellent though.

edit:

"appalling Star Trek"

RELEASE THE KRAKEN

Arnie

Eh, Lost is a phenomenal show. I remember where I was when I watched the pilot, and I remember where I was when I watched it end. Those many years in between were glorious.

GorillaJu

Really didn't enjoy Lost, but I'm picky with TV shows. They're such a time investment – needs to be really stellar to keep my interest.

jtb

Banned
I will say this: Through the Looking Glass, the Constant and (especially) Walkabout are three of the best eps of television ever. And that just made what followed even more dissapointing.

Kyoufu

Thankfully I missed the spoiler in the Batman thread. My rage would've been endless if I'd have seen it.

I don't see the point in discussing a movie that is out in a week or so. I mean what do they even talk about in there? They're just begging to be spoiled by some idiot.

Wait what?! Solo just got banned half an hour ago in the Batman thread for dropping a JT. Now he's been unbanned.

And the Mods wonder why we're so fucking confused over this nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom