• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

LMAO I just saw this on youtube. Had to gif it.

ibnILSnHavPsKT.gif

What's funny is, the free kick led to a goal for Senegal lol.

GorillaJu

You guys are going to think I'm disgusting or saying this but the western world needs to go back in time on toilet technology. Squatter toilets are so superior to sitter toilets. You don't completely empty your bowels on a sitter. Squatters flush all that shit out and make you feel so refreshed.

There is 0 sarcasm in this post.

Wilbur

Banned
It's a load of shit haha. I don't care enough to actually make a point of it... it is just a word after all. But yeah, consistency.

kharma45

It's a load of shit haha. I don't care enough to actually make a point of it... it is just a word after all. But yeah, consistency.

Consistency and proper clarification and this nonsense would all be over rather than whoever is back-seat moderating this thread banning at will.

kharma45

What a fucking mess this has turned out to be after one poster (who just happened to be a mod) took offence in the Euros thread.

And it was a fucking stupid reason to take offence too, it actually hurt how much it baffled me the reasons being given. I... I feel the need to post this

http://youtu.be/8HoaFWI5S0Q?hd=1

That describes Mumei's reasoning perfectly, I wish I'd seen the post at the time and been able to reply with that. If JT is banned then so should the word cock, or dick, or any such derivatives.

Gah, EviLore, come back from your holiday and sort this :p

ATF487

Solo is a big player in NHL-GAF, I'd assume Bish did it.

Just finished one of my summer courses with a 96, woo. I really wanted an A in this.

Oh, Evilore is on holiday? I just PM'd him a kindly worded request for clarification/consistency. Whoops.
No point...
We talked about the C-Word.

It isn't coming back :(

I tried my best.

Which is fine, I still think it's fucking utterly nonsensical and ridiculous, but if that's the new (yes I said new, for all intents and purposes it is!) rule than so be it.

The problem is the total lack of awareness that this is now how it is and the lack of consistent in it's enforcement. Still seems to me like different mods have different opinions too...

Arnie

No point...
I think there is. We're not asking for the word back, we've found a suitable and seemingly inoffensive replacement (one that ironically causes more grievance than the original word because it rags on a Chelsea player). What's needed is consistency and universal punishment; letting Solo off takes the piss to be honest, especially when people like Wilbury served a month ban for using the word.

It's nothing against Solo, I know he's an important poster to Bat GAF, but let's be honest, when the season's over and we've got fuck all to talk about Wilbury's vital to us, we need his random bullshit to get through the day.

Solo is a big player in NHL-GAF, I'd assume Bish did it.

Just finished one of my summer courses with a 96, woo. I really wanted an A in this.

Really? I just have to start discussing the NHL with a bunch of Fucktards in order to be allowed to curse whenever the hell I want? Maybe I'll do that. I'll run circles around them discussing hockey. Bring it.

Messi

OH FUCK Breaking Bad S04E08 SPOILERS
That gunshot to Gus's business partners head scared the SHIT out of me, it made me yelp 'OH FUCK'. My TV was so loud :(. Also earlier in the episode when Walt was trying to put the bug on the car and Gus swapped with the girl on the register, I was on the edge of my seat."I didn't do it" "Do it, how can I help you"
Man I LOVE this show. So easily my favourite show ever.

I need to go to bed but I want to watch more. CURSE my need to watch this at night after work.

If Wilshere doesn't play again this season then I'm going to think of him as a model/actor. All I see of him is modelling kits, drinking pepsi and adorning the cover of FIFA.

I heard a rumour Wilshere's injury is possibly career ending. Not sure I buy it, but anything that keeps you out for a year has to be pretty serious.

I think there is. We're not asking for the word back, we've found a suitable and seemingly inoffensive replacement (one that ironically causes more grievance than the original word because it rags on a Chelsea player). What's needed is consistency and universal punishment; letting Solo off takes the piss to be honest, especially when people like Wilbury served a month ban for using the word.

It's nothing against Solo, I know he's an important poster to Bat GAF, but let's be honest, when the season's over and we've got fuck all to talk about Wilbury's vital to us, we need his random bullshit to get through the day.

I agree with you but a PM reply isn't going to make the vast majority aware of the 'new' rule. I PM'ed a mod a while back and asked for clarification and just got a message about there was no need because it wasn't a 'new' rule etc etc etc.

The best thing would probably be a thread where a few mods can post, more people can see it etc.

That gunshot to Gus's business partners head scared the SHIT out of me, it made me yelp 'OH FUCK'. My TV was so loud :(. Also earlier in the episode when Walt was trying to put the bug on the car and Gus swapped with the girl on the register, I was on the edge of my seat."I didn't do it" "Do it, how can I help you"

I need to go to bed but I want to watch more. CURSE my need to watch this at night after work.

I told you to strap in :p

The great thing is...it just gets better from here :D

Noirulus

Damn I didn't see that post from Spanish Wrath. Fffffuuuuuucccckkkk

What post? What happened?!

(Haven't been active on GAF the past 2 weeks)

Also, about the Modric to Madrid rumors, I'd welcome him gladly but I can't see where he would fit in our squad. I'd hate to see a player of his caliber sitting on the bench getting limited play time :/

Edit: Oops, I see the post now. Went full derp for a moment.

Arnie

I heard a rumour Wilshere's injury is possibly career ending. Not sure I buy it, but anything that keeps you out for a year has to be pretty serious.
Especially when it isn't overtly apparent (broken leg, ACL). I buy it, to be honest.

The only thing that has me questioning that is why Arsenal keep choosing to place him front and centre in their marketing? If they know it's as serious as that rumour suggests then why even toy with both his and the fans feelings by championing him as this messianic figure.

And the sad answer to that is probably because Arsenal don't have anyone else with Robin off.

Now it soon jumps the shark.

I'm on the next episode. It's so good!!!

Also, if we need someone to bite the bullet and make a thread, I will tomorrow when I get into work. That way there are plenty of people on. What do you want to be said?

I'm confused.

Wilbury was banned for a month for saying JT, having been aware of the new rules
Solo was banned and then immediately unbanned & let off with a warning for the exact same thing?

Messi

I'm on the next episode. It's so good!!!

Also, if we need someone to bite the bullet and make a thread, I will tomorrow when I get into work. That way there are plenty of people on. What do you want to be said?

Plenty of GIF's, that always gets the point across.

Just a note: This thread is going to end badly and we will lose a few members to bans. I was right the last time too. I predict Wilbury is one of the people who we lose :(. Please restrain yourself guys if you want to be taken seriously. No mentioning John Terry for example.

jtb

Banned
not to break up this wonderful discussion on the word cunt (it's such bullshit but we've had this discussion so many times. It's really just one mod and we kind of already knew that) and Breaking Bad (I should really start watching it sometime...) but I finally jumped on the Twitter bandwagon yesterday. I'm just gonna use that list in the OP as a starting point but is there any list of twitter names that correspond with GAF usernames? since a lot of them aren't the same

also please follow me or add me to whatever twitter list is out there for footygaf... @bushnotrelated.
#shameless
twitter is a bit lonely atm :/

edit: also Wilshere's injury hijinks are bordering on self parody at this point.... really hope this isn't true though

not to break up this wonderful discussion on the word cunt (it's such bullshit but we've had this discussion so many times. It's really just one mod and we kind of already knew that) and Breaking Bad (I should really start watching it sometime...) but I finally jumped on the Twitter bandwagon yesterday. I'm just gonna use that list in the OP as a starting point but is there any list of twitter names that correspond with GAF usernames? since a lot of them aren't the same

also please follow me or add me to whatever twitter list is out there for footygaf... @bushnotrelated.
#shameless

Congratulations on officially becoming a muppet :p

Messi

#shameless

edit: also Wilshere's injury hijinks are bordering on self parody at this point.... really hope this isn't true though

Whats a Twitter?

Especially when it isn't overtly apparent (broken leg, ACL). I buy it, to be honest.

The only thing that has me questioning that is why Arsenal keep choosing to place him front and centre in their marketing? If they know it's as serious as that rumour suggests then why even toy with both his and the fans feelings by championing him as this messianic figure.

And the sad answer to that is probably because Arsenal don't have anyone else with Robin off.

I think leaving him out would raise unnecessary questions for the club right now. Does anyone know if they said anything recently about his progress?

Plenty of GIF's, that always gets the point across.

Just a note: This thread is going to end badly and we will lose a few members to bans. I was right the last time too. I predict Wilbury is one of the people who we lose :(. Please restrain yourself guys if you want to be taken seriously. No mentioning John Terry for example.

That's why I said I'd be willing to bite. I honestly don't care if I get banned. If they are going to ban users for trying to have an open discussion about clarification of rules, then fine. We haven't seen any explanation as to what is going on, and we are seeing inconsistent enforcement of the rules. If they are trying to reel us in because we got out of hand fine, but say something. Instead of ruling behind a curtain, tell us what's going on and let us police ourselves. The communities are the strongest part of NeoGAF, this isn't Gaming side or the OT.

#shameless

Added you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom