• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we skip 9th grade and go straight to adulthood where we can use grown up language so long as it isn't mean spirited (like footyGAF always used it) and only ban people based on the context in which it is used.

I love you, cocknose

I should feel bad that I'm still awake at 5 but this night has been eventful. History has been written tonight and I can tell my grandchildren that I was there on that fateful night

The day you became a member of creepy gaf.

Salazar

Went to the MUFC Facebook page to find some training shots to post one, but there's nada. They're too busy posting photos of celebrating old Premiership titles and random player shots. Guess they gotta get used to cheering for past greatness..

nSkYw.gif

Opiate

Well this was adressed in the Opiate post earlier this page, but with bitch as an example. One would assume the same rule applies with cunt.

"Cunt" is effectively off limits in virtually all situations. I'm aware that this seems to be accepted in some areas of Europe; it is absolutely not accepted in many other places, like Canada or the US. Please do not use it -- there are very few acceptable usages in a global environment.

jtb

Banned
Cunt is effectively off limits in virtually all situations. I'm aware that this seems to be accepted in some areas of Europe; it is absolutely not accepted in many other places, like Canada or the US. Please do not use it -- there are very few acceptable usages in a global environment.

can this be stickied somewhere or made really explicit in the FAQ? I really don't think it's clear that this is a policy now, especially since this hasn't really been consistently enforced and a lot of people don't read the Euro/Football or Dark Knight threads.

Cunt is effectively off limits in virtually all situations. I'm aware that this seems to be accepted in some areas of Europe; it is absolutely not accepted in many other places, like Canada or the US. Please do not use it -- there are very few acceptable usages in a global environment.
Oh well, that's that then. Glad it's all sorted out now.

rodvik

How about we skip 9th grade and go straight to adulthood where we can use grown up language so long as it isn't mean spirited (like footyGAF always used it) and only ban people based on the context in which it is used.

Pericles,Winston Churchill, JFK, Kylehimself.

Great speakers in history.

Well said sir, well said.

rodvik

I really feel for the player. I really hope this is not true as he has a really bright future ahead of him. Depressing.

Me too and from an England perspective as well. What are these rumours that his injury is something else. Is this implying he has a drug habit or something?

GorillaJu

The fuck is wrong with Adidas that Japan shirts are difficult to buy ?

Hold onto your butt while you look at these prices.

Yes. That's right. About $260 USD for the techfit. Though these are U23 uniforms, for the Olympics I suppose.

http://www.sports-ws.com/sp_result_...emcode=&size=&keyword=&maker_code=&listtype=b

Here's the standard Japanese strip, about 110 bucks, and standard pricing.

http://sskamo.marble-asp.jp/sp/ProductDetail.aspx?pcd=X49699-O

I still don't understand the "cunt" situation. As an American I don't think it's unacceptable in any place where "fuck" is.

jtb

Banned
Me too and from an England perspective as well. What are these rumours that his injury is something else. Is this implying he has a drug habit or something?

yeah basically, or he has some kind of long term ban by the FA or some international drug watchdog group (dunno which group operates that kind thing...). basically claim they have an injury to keep them out of the spotlight and the media circus; that's the idea anyways.

Lightning

Banned
yeah basically, or he has some kind of long term ban by the FA or some international drug watchdog group (dunno which group operates that kind thing...). basically claim they have an injury to keep them out of the spotlight and the media circus; that's the idea anyways.
So he may have to sacrifice his career? I understand why Arsenal are lying but seriously he better not still be getting paid if that's the case.

jtb

Banned
So he may have to sacrifice his career? I understand why Arsenal are lying but seriously he better not still be getting paid if that's the case.

it's all conjecture at this point. now if Wilshere can't make it back for the new season... who knows. too many question marks right now to really conclude one way or another.

rodvik

Got it, thanks.

rodvik

You know, that aside, JT really is looking like he has done nothing wrong here. I am surprised. He is still a JT but there is no evidence so far he is a racist.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/11/ashley-cole-john-terry-anton-ferdinand*

*caution this mainstream news publication link contains a commonly used swear word in the UK which may cause some gaffers heads to explode.

GorillaJu

You know, that aside, JT really is looking like he has done nothing wrong here. I am surprised. He is still a JT but there is no evidence so far he is a racist.

It's important to remember they aren't looking for evidence that he's a racist. It's impossible to prove and nearly everyone is "racist" in some form or another. What needs to be determined is if he racially abused another player.

You can be a racist asshole but never go to jail because you didn't act on it. You could be a pedophile and never go to jail, so long as you never actually molest children.

A complaint of racism was made by an off-duty police officer watching the game on television.

This is what the original complaint is from? Jesus Christ...

rodvik

It's important to remember they aren't looking for evidence that he's a racist. It's impossible to prove and nearly everyone is "racist" in some form or another. What needs to be determined is if he racially abused another player.

You can be a racist asshole but never go to jail because you didn't act on it. You could be a pedophile and never go to jail, so long as you never actually molest children.

Well thats fair enough. But so far his story that he didnt racially abuse Ferdinand seems to be holding up. I am actually relieved. The less of that around football the better.

bjaelke

Which U19 game is played first; England vs Greece or Spain vs France? Eurosport's schedule is acting like a proper JT right now.

Salazar

Dreamt Nani was on the way out for £39m. Not sure if want...

a) No.
b) But, hell, that would be a good handful of money.
c) And there are some muppety options on the table.
d) Then again, that money would be gobbled and we would just be worse off on the teamsheet for no appreciable benefit.

pappe

Btw you didn't need to make Downing look good the years before we bought him. He was playing really well for Villa. Probably just mental fragility that he ended up being so shit for us last season. I'm backing him to put in a good shift this year. He'll have had time to settle in and settle down, and he'll benefit from Rodgers' disciplinarian tactics.

He won't be a star player like he was for Villa, but he does have quality. If Andy Carroll wasn't a useless lump for 6 months, he would have racked up a good stack of assists.

If we get Dempsey, they'll make a good team. Demps is great in the air and actually knows how to move about in and around the box.

Koptimism kicking in LFC fans i see.

Downing was not Villas star player ever. He was there for 1 or 2 season and did decently well. Young and Gabby were far more lethal than him.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Gazzetta: Milan considering the €62m offer for Ibra and Silva. If it goes through Milan save €108m in wages and in total it's worth €170m to them.

Wages are not important my ass.

Carbonox

Gazzetta: Milan considering the €62m offer for Ibra and Silva. If it goes through Milan save €108m in wages and in total it's worth €170m to them.

Wages are not important my ass.

Very interesting to see who Milan could replace them with. They're huge players for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom