• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Juve are a 3rd rate club?

I know Krasic plays for them but a terrible player doesn't equal a terrible club.

You have to excuse him, Clegg. It's the old age. Paleontologists estimate that the youngest Torino FC fan was born somewhere between 1922 and 1925.

489772465_7ee93c5434_z.jpg

Stubo

Choosing to tactically interpret these foreign languages as saying €35m after Sahin rejected the chance to leave (not saying because it's Spurs, before anyone comments...)

This is to comfort myself, mind...based off nothing at all, but I'd be super jealous of Sahin.

GQman2121

Banned
Yeah, fuck that deal. That's some mini Ibra/Eto'o type shit there. If it breaks down like that though, then props to Levy for holding strong and getting the best deal for him and his employer.

dc89

City were interested in Sahin this window! Never made the main media but it was a deal which could have happened sooner if City shifted the players they needed to.

:( GAH

City were interested in Sahin this window! Never made the main media but it was a deal which could have happened sooner if City shifted the players they needed to.

:( GAH

dc44, you'll not get rid of most of your players because of their hilariously over inflated wages and if you do it's because City will have agreed to continue to pay a large proportion of their wages after the transfer. You make your bed and then you sleep in it. You won't be rid of your dead wood any time soon.

dc89

dc44, you'll not get rid of most of your players because of their hilariously over inflated wages and if you do it's because City will have agreed to continue to pay a large proportion of their wages after the transfer. You make your bed and then you sleep in it. You won't be rid of your dead wood any time soon.

Ade is close to going to Spurs? As far as Mancini is concerned he's rotten to the core!

Kids don't like Kolarov.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We beat Al Hilal 7 - 1. Just sayin' City :p
Apparently we've signed 19yo Atalanta striker Manolo Gabbiadini.

God damn our future is looking really bright.
I have faith we'll get Verratti

If the Krasic for Pazzini swap is true, then I'll be happy with it. Pazzini will have to content himself with a Borriello role, though.

Btw, if the Armero signing is true we'll almost certainly use 3-5-2 as our base since that'll allow Chiello-Barza-Bonbon trio to remain intact. Lucio will be depth (and what depth!).

Also, it makes perfect sense since Giovinco hasn't really done well out wide in a Vucinic 2011-12 like role. He's used to 3-5-2, and he'll do well for us. I actually think a Vucinic-Gio partnership would be quite successful, as would Gio-Matri.

Still, we need a killer poacher. I just think the market is strange at the moment. And I think the Ibra to PSG deal throws wrenches in a bunch of our plans. They'll have quite a bit of cash to throw at some of our targets.

Ugh, yeah.. we aren't the only club in Italy with money anymore :/

Giovinco in a 3-5-2 is perfection <3 He can't complain* about the formation not suiting him now! (*he'll find something else to complain about)

Really happy we managed to get Gabbiadini too! :D
I'm hoping we could at least sell half of them for huge sums later on.
And they'll haunt us forever in Serie A

You have to excuse him, Clegg. It's the old age. Paleontologists estimate that the youngest Torino FC fan was born somewhere between 1922 and 1925.

http://farm1.staticflickr.com/228/489772465_7ee93c5434_z.jpg?zz=1[IMG][/QUOTE]

HAHAH ice cold!

Meier

Tevez is a fucking midget isn't he.

Zabaleta looks quite short too but that's because he's next to 6'4" Yaya. Pantilimon must be 6'7" at least.. he dwarfs Yaya and Vinne. I believe the 16 year old, Rony, is the one who is Tevez's height.

Oh, it looks like Pantilimon is 6'8" and the tallest player in the BPL. That makes sense.

rififi

http://www.dn.pt/desporto/interior.aspx?content_id=2665478

The Google translation for this article seems to indicate €35m and Nuri Sahin perhaps? If so.. wow!

Neither AS nor Marca are reporting this, and they pretty much report anything regarding Real Madrid - so I am just going to assume this is not true . . . but if it is true, then fuck. I can't understand how Madrid could possibly have such a shit negotiation staff. Sometimes I don't know why I put up with this club.

D_prOdigy

Let me get this straight..

Are they saying Spurs are going to sell Modric to Madrid for 35m, and then hand them back the 35m to sign Nuri Sahin?

Option to swap not unlocked?

No, for Modric, they get 35m and Sahin.

They will then spend 30m of that on Moutinho and 5m on crack and virgin blood for AVB.

Feorax

Some rumours seem to be circulating we could be interested in Coutinho.

From what I've read, he seems a great young player, but not entirely sure where he would fit in. Can he play on the wings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom