• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

You're just like me.

Googling your symptoms is a one-way trip to hypochondriac town. Believe me.

Ha, so true.

I'm not particularly afraid of death, and I'm not one to flinch much in the face of pain, but the idea of operations, procedures, and other medical tests related to disease makes me anxious as hell.
Aye, it's like everything indicates I've got cancer. Feeling tired? Cancer. Numb groin? Cancer. Slight ache in my stomach when I wake up? Cancer.
Seriously. I'm convinced I have diabetes at the moment.
Same. I'm quite tired at the moment in the day time and I've basically convinced myself that I've either got diabetes or cancer. I've even gone back to my old doctors today to register as a temporary patient. I'll go for a check up next week.

Got my graduation on Tuesday. £44 to rent the robes. Are you kidding me...£44?!?!
So ridiculous. Genuinely don't know why I can't just wear jeans and a t-shirt.

kharma45

Got my graduation on Tuesday. £44 to rent the robes. Are you kidding me...£44?!?!

Ouch, I think my uni offers them for free (at least from what I can tell from the graduations website) but if you bring it back late it's £150 and if you lose it it's £300.

Edit - Lies, it's £59.

Clegg

I think Wilburys input is needed here.

Watched Batman Begins for the second time yesterday.

BOY does that movie suck. I don't know why Solo's all crazy about it, it's one of the worst superhero films I've seen. There is without any doubt at least 8 lines of dialogues that are each repeated at least twice throughtout the movie, some multiple times, for a character to troll another one. I didn't notice that on my first viewing years ago, but the dialogue is simply atrocious, and there's not a single well directed fight scene in it.

Arnie

Arnie, sounds like you may have a vitamin D deficiency. Quite a common and often unnoticed thing.

Googling now.

Fucking into the Matrix I go.

EDIT: Okay, I'm going outside tomorrow. I've got nob all to do so I've spent a large portion of the last couple of weeks indoors. Perhaps I need more sun.

Googling now.

Fucking into the Matrix I go.

EDIT: Okay, I'm going outside tomorrow. I've got nob all to do so I've spent a large portion of the last couple of weeks indoors. Perhaps I need more sun.
You'll do well to find some sunlight in England this summer!

But yeah, it's a serious enough issue. In fact I'm sure I remember reading that in Scotland they are planning to issue everybody with VitD tablets through the NHS because they get so little sunlight.

Arnie

You'll do well to find some sunlight in England this summer!

But yeah, it's a serious enough issue. In fact I'm sure I remember reading that in Scotland they are planning to issue everybody with VitD tablets through the NHS because they get so little sunlight.

I'm going to go to the chemist tomorrow and buy some.

I reckon you've secretly got a stake in Vitamin D profits and you're just doing this to get a little cash for your robe.

I'm going to go to the chemist tomorrow and buy some.

I reckon you've secretly got a stake in Vitamin D profits and you're just doing this to get a little cash for your robe.

igh48fLLpKmIh.png

Scum

Sad to hear about your Gran, Clegg. Wish her all the best. :)

All this talk of illness. I'm feeling rough too. Bad stomach pains the last few days. Maybe my bad diet is to blame. Then again, this all started after last weekend's concoction of whiskey, brandy and bad food in Bury st. Edmonds. :-V

Just seen that new PS3. 16GB??

Feorax

The Guardian are reporting that we've only paid £7.9m for Borini. Could be a great bit of business at that price.

Reports saying he signed a 5 year deal at £30k per week.

Fantastic business, and I fully expect that if he performs he will get a new and improved contract in a couple of years, which is exactly how it should be.

From the bits and pieces I have seen of Borini (very little) he seems like a poacher to me. Which is good for Liverpool, because they need somebody who can finish...but it doesn't seem like he has a real star quality.

I am totally unqualified to judge, but it's just my very early and quick observation. Plenty of people who have watched him say he's a good player and will score goals.

He seems more Hernandez than Cavani...if you get my drift, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, sometimes you just need somebody who can get it into the back of the net and at the price Liverpool are paying it could be great value.

Feorax

Sounds like a fair assessment Viva. Gives us options, and between Suarez, Carroll and Borini we should have a central striker for every occasion.

The fact that he can play out wide and knows Rodgers system intrinsically is the big seller for me.

That and the fact that he has the Raul Meireles "I will cut you" stare...

Carbonox

Yes, soon to be one of the most played teams in FIFA13 bar RM.

PSG still has some ways to go IMO.

They do have a pretty well developed spine now, though. Sirigu in goal, Sakho and Thiago Silva at CB, Pastore in the middle with Ibrahimovic up top. Plus Lavezzi on the wing. A couple more players could really turn them in to a force in European football I think. They're not there yet though.

Arnie

Sounds like a fair assessment Viva. Gives us options, and between Suarez, Carroll and Borini we should have a central striker for every occasion.

The fact that he can play out wide and knows Rodgers system intrinsically is the big seller for me.

That and the fact that he has the Raul Meireles "I will cut you" stare...
Carroll won't be at the club next season, I'm becoming more certain of that with each passing day. If Fulham offer us the £9 million plus Dempsey, I fully expect us to take it. We're after Dempsey anyway and that £9 million would go into either Sturridge, Allen or Holtby. Can you imagine a strike force of Suarez, Borini, Dempsey and Sturridge, compared to what we had last season, and for little added cost?
The Guardian are reporting that we've only paid £7.9m for Borini. Could be a great bit of business at that price.
The Time are reporting the same. And the rumours point to £30K a week which is magnificent.
From the bits and pieces I have seen of Borini (very little) he seems like a poacher to me. Which is good for Liverpool, because they need somebody who can finish...but it doesn't seem like he has a real star quality.

I am totally unqualified to judge, but it's just my very early and quick observation. Plenty of people who have watched him say he's a good player and will score goals.

He seems more Hernandez than Cavani...if you get my drift, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, sometimes you just need somebody who can get it into the back of the net and at the price Liverpool are paying it could be great value.
Fair assessment. Apparently he's very tenacious and determined in his work. Marcotti agreed with the assumption that he was like Dirk Kuyt, but better at finishing.

Yeah, got my own home today. Tv+football channel on and I'm settled.
Congratulations. Can't wait to own my own home one day.

Slizz

PSG still has some ways to go IMO.

They do have a pretty well developed spine now, though. Sirigu in goal, Sakho and Thiago Silva at CB, Pastore in the middle with Ibrahimovic up top. Plus Lavezzi on the wing. A couple more players could really turn them in to a force in European football I think. They're not there yet though.

Thats real life bro. I'm talking fake life. Video games....

Lol I still can't get over this; sometimes I'll be makin my friends watch either CL, Euro or PL games(soon to be Olympic) and they'll say wow that looks just like FIFA. Actually FIFA looks like that crazy ass play you just saw.

Carbonox

Thats real life bro. I'm talking fake life. Video games....

Lol I still can't get over this; sometimes I'll be makin my friends watch either CL, Euro or PL games(soon to be Olympic) and they'll say wow that looks just like FIFA. Actually FIFA looks like that crazy ass play you just saw.

Yeah I know, I think my point mainly was that I don't think they're quite FIFA spam material just yet. As I said, few more exciting and class players and then I think you'd be on to something. Lavezzi is OP in FIFA though, plus Thiago Silva and Ibrahimovic are stronger than 5 elephants in heat.

This Borini purchase could end up being exceptionally astute. Even if he doesn't fit in or adapt, his age gives him a decent resell value, and his low wages minimise the risk as well

Carbonox

This Borini purchase could end up being exceptionally astute. Even if he doesn't fit in or adapt, his age gives him a decent resell value, and his low wages minimise the risk as well

For Liverpool fans it must feel good being on the receiving end of good transfer business now, doesn't it?

faridmon

I am sure I am late (Gaf wouldn't let me to sign in) but I really sorry to hear about your Gran Clegg. Hope everything works for you and your family.

I am readon this piece on Grasshopper Interactive and Suda Giving away his clothes to the Dev. I can not stop laughing reading it throughout. This part totally got me reall hard

The curious thing about these jeans is that the zipper (figure two) is designed to look like my fly is always open — even when it’s zipped all the way up (figure three). The idea is that it turns your crotch into a conversation piece. A person — preferably a female — walks by and says, “Um, your fly is undone,” and you say, “No, it’s not” — and then pull back the flap over the fly, revealing the real zipper. “Thanks for noticing, though.” The girl is then, theoretically, supposed to say “I suppose I will give you my phone number now.”

The above scenario almost happened a few times, though most of the time, people said nothing. I started to guess that ninety percent of the ten percent of people who noticed my fly was “undone” didn’t say anything: they just looked at me and silently judged me, an internal snicker, an id elbow-nudging a superego: “Get a load of that jerk.” So, eventually, I stopped zipping up the real fly. I mean, who cares? That’s just one extra step at the urinal.

For Liverpool fans it must feel good being on the receiving end of good transfer business now, doesn't it?

Enrique and Coates were pretty astute. Suarez was a great signing obviously, but was a bit more of an obvious one with a high fee.

Carroll
Downing
Henderson
Adam

Albatrosses around our neck last season, although I have a lot of faith in Henderson and feel that Carroll will be a very good player, although that's very unlikely to happen in a Liverpool shirt now. Really hope we cash in on Downing and Adam if a decent offer comes in, I have zero faith in them improving next season. Well, technically Downing pretty much has to improve on his 0-0 stats from last season, but you catch my drift.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Anyone know if Forlán is going to play this weekend against Santos? Would be pretty sweet for him to debut in a match like that.

Speaking of Santos, what's the deal with Ganso? Is he going to play again for Santos or what?

Which character shall I use in Borderlands? Leaning towards the Sniper at the murment. Also, shall I leave the DLC mission til after I've completed the main game? And what difficulty should I choose?

Which character shall I use in Borderlands? Leaning towards the Sniper at the murment. Also, shall I leave the DLC mission til after I've completed the main game? And what difficulty should I choose?

1. Brick and Soldier seem cool

2. I think they scale. I'd still leave them till mid-way.

3. Just go normal. There's always NG+

1. Brick and Soldier seem cool

2. I think they scale. I'd still leave them till mid-way.

3. Just go normal. There's always NG+

Cheers. Would you recommend leaving the multiplayer until I've done a solo run? I wanna explore and don't want to be partnered with an impatient veteran running around taking all the loot and doing all the objective

Chelsea have only signed Hazard.

For now they're better than us in midfield only with the likes of Lampard, Ramires and Mata.

I'd much rather our strikers and wingers than theirs and their defence was worse than ours last year without Vidic.

Chelsea may well be very good next season but they still need to sign 2 players at least to have me really worried. (I'm thinking a striker like Hulk and then a top CB or full back).

Edit - And just to go back to the original point...Adam lol. Our midfield is poor but it's not that poor.

Cheers. Would you recommend leaving the multiplayer until I've done a solo run? I wanna explore and don't want to be partnered with an impatient veteran running around taking all the loot and doing all the objective

Difficult one. Multi is definitely more fun but you can run in to impatient types. Don't need to worry about people grabbing your loot IIRC, it generates for each of you. I'd say try solo for a while and see if it feels too empty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom