• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stubo

From a quick google it would appear some places are reporting 35m and Sahin for one year on loan for Modric.

Still a ridiculously good deal, gives ample time to sort a replacement out.

Arnie

That Chinese was fucking boss DC, really good. Me and my brother shared a half a duck between us, amongst other things. I've still got quite a bit left which I'll finish later.

It's probably for the best that our Away and 3rd kits are shite, if not I'd have probably ordered one of them with Borini on the back by now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Barring Gallas and Ashley Cole, when was the last time a proposed high profile swap deal actually ever went through?

Fabio Cannavaro and Fabián Carini.

4l3B3.gif

Carbonox

Wait we lost 1-0 to Chemnitzer? A third division German team? :lol We are fucking shit every pre-season it seems. We lose to pretty much everyone.

The new home shirt sucks.

Wait we lost 1-0 to Chemnitzer? A third division German team? :lol We are fucking shit every pre-season it seems. We lose to pretty much everyone.

The new home shirt sucks.

We really are :lol Happens every year, not that it matters a single bit.

I quite like the kit, the random spikes are weird but I think I like them. Fuck that Virgin logo though.

Wilbur

Banned
Just found out my Grandad has prostate cancer.

Don't know wtf is going on anymore.

Sorry to hear that Clegg. My friend's Grandad had it quite recently and beat it relatively quickly so hopefully something positive is forthcoming!

Lots of bad news around Footy-GAF recently :/

kharma45

Sorry to hear that Clegg! Hope he beats it!

How much do they want? Is this kid even worth £30 million?

They apparently rejected £35m from Chelsea last year.

And no, he's not worth it. He's achieved nothing and could well flop in the Premiership, read some comments on him likening him to Walcott which isn't too good...

If he was £15m might be worth a punt but £30m is far too much on an unproven kid.

Sorry to hear that Clegg. My friend's Grandad had it quite recently and beat it relatively quickly so hopefully something positive is forthcoming!

Lots of bad news around Footy-GAF recently :/

Yeah lots of bad news, I've a feeling my grandmother isn't long for this world as she doesn't seem to be coping with her Parkinsons very well, diagnosed a few weeks ago and has had a few bad falls. Pretty depressed about it too I think.

She is 87 though and tbh I thought something would've happened to her a long time ago, she quit smoking a few years ago and I thought something from 60+ years of doing that would've got her.

Arnie

Sucks man, my grandad had it and suffered with it for a good ten years, before eventually dying of other natural causes.

They apparently rejected £35m from Chelsea last year.

And no, he's not worth it. He's achieved nothing and could well flop in the Premiership, read some comments on him likening him to Walcott which isn't too good...

If he was £15m might be worth a punt but £30m is far too much on an unproven kid.
These fees seem ridiculous for a player who's not really done much, well, not enough to really be noticed on a world stage. For just a touch more than his price you could probably get a striker like Falcao, considering how much financial trouble Atletico are in.

Carbonox

We really are :lol Happens every year, not that it matters a single bit.

I quite like the kit, the random spikes are weird but I think I like them. Fuck that Virgin logo though.

At least we gave run-outs to Tavernier, Abeid, Vuckic, Amalfitano, Bigirimana and Sammy Ameobi, the players with the best potential in our squad.

The spikes make no sense whatsoever. Like someone slipped with the sewing machine or something.

At least we gave run-outs to Tavernier, Abeid, Vuckic, Amalfitano, Bigirimana and Sammy Ameobi, the players with the best potential in our squad.

The spikes make no sense whatsoever. Like someone slipped with the sewing machine or something.

Yeah well that's all they're for really. Fitness and giving those players a game.

Sorry to hear that Clegg :( Best wishes for you and your family!

dc89

That Chinese was fucking boss DC, really good. Me and my brother shared a half a duck between us, amongst other things. I've still got quite a bit left which I'll finish later.

It's probably for the best that our Away and 3rd kits are shite, if not I'd have probably ordered one of them with Borini on the back by now.

I'm gonna have to try both of them now.

Meier

Sorry Clegg, hope he beats it. :( Lost my grandmother on my mom's side to cancer years ago. I have not had any grandparents left since college in fact.. going on nearly 8 years now.

operon

Having seen the way shirt in the flesh as it were its actually alright

Clegg

Cheers lads.

I was told today, but he was diagnosed a few months ago. He didn't want the grandkids to be told because we were doing exams at the time.

He's ok afaik. The cancer was detected early so they've been able to treat it.

dc89

Sorry to hear this Clegg! I hope he kicks it's ass! My mum and nanna had breast cancer at the same time when I was younger.

They were on the same ward and everything.

Cheers lads.

I was told today, but he was diagnosed a few months ago. He didn't want the grandkids to be told because we were doing exams at the time.

My GF's neighbour was diagnosed with it and they caught it early too. Made a full recovery. I hope your Grandad is doing well and makes a full recovery.

Feorax

Liverpool tracking Holtby (Schalke)

It's good to see the club not getting linked to english shite anymore. :D

Would be a good signing. The Telegraph are apparently running with the Joe Allen story in tomorrows paper, and it would suggest we have pissed off Laudrup massively.

Very sorry to hear that Clegg. I hope it all works out for him and your family, testing times.

I lost my grandmother just a few weeks ago, it sucks. Seems like the footy-gaf crew have been having a rough time lately..

Meier

Cheers lads.

I actually lost both the final two grandparents I had right before exams week if you can believe it. My mom's mom passed and I went home for the funeral on the Saturday before finals.. my dad's dad passed a few hours later. His funeral was in the middle of exams (a Tuesday) so I actually did not attend his on my dad's request.

Arnie

Hearing people being diagnosed with cancer makes me so anxious about it, thinking every single bodily problem I'm currently experiencing is some kind of sign that I'm riddled with cancer. The day we produce a cure for it is truly one of the greatest days in human history.

Fry

Hearing people being diagnosed with cancer makes me so anxious about it, thinking every single bodily problem I'm currently experiencing is some kind of sign that I'm riddled with cancer. The day we produce a cure for it is truly one of the greatest days in human history.

You're just like me.

Sorry to hear that, Clegg. With luck, it was caught early. (Edit: I see it was. Good.)

Anyone else do this at the PC screen when things aren't going your way on FM?

23wp9h5-thumb-180x135.gif

Ha. That and futile tactical tweaks, unless it comes off and you score that last minute goal. No better feeling playing FM.

Salvadora

Isn't Chemotherapy coming on leaps and bounds? My mums best friend was diagnosed with terminal cancer and give not long to live. Against all odds she recovered, due to the treatments they provided. Unfortunately it didn't stay gone and shes fighting for her life once again, But I maintain hope.

Clegg

I'd like to say thanks again lads. Theres nothing much that can be done now except wait to see how his treatment goes.

Now for something football related.

@TransferNewsCen
Reports in Brazil is that Inter bid 25m euros for Lucas while United bid 33m euros Sao Paolo wont except anything below 30m euros

Then why haven't Sao Paolo accepted Uniteds bid? TransferNewsCentral can't even get their own bullshit story straight.

Googling your symptoms is a one-way trip to hypochondriac town. Believe me.

Oxx

Ha, so true.

I'm not particularly afraid of death, and I'm not one to flinch much in the face of pain, but the idea of operations, procedures, and other medical tests related to disease makes me anxious as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom