• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult one. Multi is definitely more fun but you can run in to impatient types. Don't need to worry about people grabbing your loot IIRC, it generates for each of you. I'd say try solo for a while and see if it feels too empty.

Hmm. I'll go solo for a while and try and convince my brother to buy it as well :p

edit - Jesus, how hard can it be to integrate DLC into the main game for GotY editions?

Many more reports tonight that we really have bid for Lucas, from Brazil and the UK.

Jeez. This is madness. Why on earth are we even thinking of paying so much money for a kid as unproven as he is.

If we have that money I just don't get why it won't be spent in CM. It can't be true, Fergie is losing it otherwise.

Many more reports tonight that we really have bid for Lucas, from Brazil and the UK.

Jeez. This is madness. Why on earth are we even thinking of paying so much money for a kid as unproven as he is.

If we have that money I just don't get why it won't be spent in CM. It can't be true, Fergie is losing it otherwise.

I doubt they'll have just watched youtube videos of him. I imagine they've been watching him for a while and scouted him.

kharma45

Man Utd offered 82 millions for Lucas. (in 'reais')

I doubt Sao Paulo are going to reject it.

Almost £26m?

I find it funny that they rejected Chelsea last season when they bid £32m or so :lol

Anyway, £26m is still far too much for an unproven kid.

I've given up trying to understand Fergie's transfer ways. :lol

I doubt they'll have just watched youtube videos of him. I imagine they've been watching him for a while and scouted him.
I'm sure they have. But he isn't a CM player. He's very much an AM playing wide or centrally, basically a position where we have most depth.

I really don't understand why if we have £25m...we would spend it there, when there are much more urgent needs at LB/CM.

Anyhow he looks like a great talent but I just don't understand what our strategy is this summer. Seems confused.

K1LLER7

Apparently the 26m has been rejected from Sao Paulo. Would be a good buy but can't see it happening.

Real Madrid are said to have bid too.

Think fergie's looking to build a young team and having Lucas in the squad and buyIng him now when he'll probably cost less than in the future is a good move. There's no idea of whether Nani is staying and he could come in for Any of the attacking Players when needed.

Moura could just be that second "maybe" signing Fergie's not really counting on. A talent he thinks he can't miss the chance of signing, if he's about to be plucked. Like how he mentioned buying Jones was triggered earlier than he expected due to other clubs circling.

kharma45

Moura could just be that second "maybe" signing he's not really counting on. A talent he thinks he can't miss the chance of signing, if he's about to be plucked. Like how he mentioned buying Jones was triggered earlier than he expected due to other clubs circling.

That's what I'm thinking if we do go for him, United may see him as having the potential of being too big to pass up.

Wait till they see me in my naughty shorts and tank top.

jN1rtiFDJES6p.jpg

GorillaJu

Yay for Borini. Still need a lot more movement to be competitive with the likes of Arsenal and Spurs, but a young "fox in the box" type striker will go a long way to solving our goal-scoring issues.

The best thread on RAWK finally got its update

9.48 am and unsure if his message has been digested as readily by the players as Adam’s confectionery, Rodgers orders a quick game to see how it goes. The results are less than satisfactory. Skrtel does appear to have gotten the tikki bit aokay, casually blasting five yard passes at players throats. However, the rest of the team are struggling with the possession based nature of the game. A willing Carroll is being forced to perform handstands in an attempt to play a passing game with his head.

All the shouts of ‘pass to me’, ‘pass to me’ appear to have made Charlie hungry and he’s nipped off for a big bowl of Spaghetti Bolognese. Aquilani is fixated on only passing in the direction of Italy, while Jaytusso’s stilts give him all the control of an investor in a Man United share scheme. On the wing Downing is picking his nails with a switchblade, ignoring the game around him until someone comes with five yards at which point he proceeds to perform a hit on them.

Rolling at this part.

He'll play on the right, at the head of a 4-3-3, but he certainly isn't a winger.

Not to say BR's unwilling to adapt, but I thought he traditionally used pace and skill types on the wing (something I'm a big fan of by the by). Also seems a... dilution of Borini's talents putting him there.

Arnie

Not to say BR's unwilling to adapt, but I thought he traditionally used pace and skill types on the wing (something I'm a big fan of by the by). Also seems a... dilution of Borini's talents putting him there.

I think our forwards will be very fluid, and we'll rely on advanced wingbacks in Johnson and Enrique to provide rigid width. I expect Borini to loiter in the right hand side of the penalty box, and he scored a couple of great goals from that position for Roma. To also answer your point, he isn't exceptionally quick; he's not slow, but he certainly isn't know for his sprinting.

jtb

Banned

Pace and skill on the wing? Hope Liverpool are still willing to buy English because we've got this really pacey winger... scored a hat trick against Croatia once, so you know he's class........

We've never really been able to get our fast players in positions to use their pace, which has been an annoyance for the last 5+ years. You lot have always got the likes of Valencia and Nani into positions where they can get into a footrace with their opposite number. Seems like we've only been able to do that on the counter.

Think its mainly because we've been abysmal for the last 8 years at drawing teams out when they sit back against us. Swansea were always afforded enough space on the wings for Dyer and Sinclair to stretch their legs. I don't think that'll be a luxury afforded to us, especially at Anfield.

GorillaJu

Only seen him on the Youtubes but Lewis Holtby looks quite good. In the last year of his contract and is itching to play in England. Could be another good buy for us if it's more than just paper talk.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Only seen him on the Youtubes but Lewis Holtby looks quite good. In the last year of his contract and is itching to play in England. Could be another good buy for us if it's more than just paper talk.

He's been linked a few times to Everton since he grew up an Everton fan due to his father.

GorillaJu

Don't think club fan allegiance has much sway. Either way I think it'd be more between us and Arsenal than anyone else - they could use a good versatile CM with Ramsey struggling, Wilshere permacrocked, and Arteta soon to be hitting 30.

I don't think Carroll goes anywhere unless good value comes back. Plus, I'd like to see him play under a manager who has a sense for tactics.

tumblr_m5yde267kM1qzxiar.gif

Really? Man that collar looks dodgy. Like the washed out crest though.
I thought last seasons City home shirt had the most horrendous collar I'd ever seen, it grew on me and now I think it looks top. The high collar on the MUFC shirt sort of reminds me of it. Looks really well in my opinion.

It's real. But I don't agree with it being good. Have you seen the shorts?
Yeah seen them, similar to the home shirt design only black . To be honest, I thought the home kit was really bad too, which it is when you see people wearing it casually, but as kit modelled by the players, I think it looks fairly decent. Love that away kit though.

Messi

I thought last seasons City home shirt had the most horrendous collar I'd ever seen, it grew on me and now I think it looks top. The high collar on the MUFC shirt sort of reminds me of it. Looks really well in my opinion.

Chelsea had some nice home kits in the last few years, not feeling the new one though. Last seasons and the year before were lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom