• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea had some nice home kits in the last few years, not feeling the new one though. Last seasons and the year before were lovely.
I loved all the pictures of the new Chelsea shirt then seen it in person and didn't like it so much. I've come round to it now though. Adidas shirts seem really cheap and low quality to me compared to Nike.

I hated the new Barca shirts when I seen them, but the more I see them the more I like them too.

Blablurn

2,h=343.bild.jpg

2,h=343.bild.jpg

2,h=343.bild.jpg

2,h=343.bild.jpg

2,h=343.bild.jpg

just a normal day in hamburg

Blablurn

there was a training game. son missed one shot. another player said "u have to score this one". and that comment was the reason y they started fighting according to bild.de lol. Rajkovic tried to punch son but missed. instead he punched Arslan instead who started to blead. Son tried to kick Arslan then, but missed too. then the other players came to calm the situation down lol.

Sloosha

there was a training game. son missed one shot. another player said "u have to score this one". and that comment was the reason y they started fighting according to bild.de lol. Rajkovic tried to punch son but missed. instead he punched Arslan instead who started to blead. Son tried to kick Arslan then, but missed too. then the other players came to calm the situation down lol.

Oh my days.

GorillaJu

I wonder what the ideal response is from a coach when your players are fighting. Immediate reaction would be to discipline the players harshly but sometimes a little in-fighting can be good for the spirit.

Mastadon

Banned
I wonder what the ideal response is from a coach when your players are fighting. Immediate reaction would be to discipline the players harshly but sometimes a little in-fighting can be good for the spirit.

Unless you have Barton in your team. Especially in the vicinity of a lit cigar.

odd_morsel said:

Depends on what they were fighting about I guess. Perfection is always good to fight over.

Reading a few football biographies it seems to happen quite a lot more than you would expect, Allardyce was described as standing and smiling when they were fighting on the training pitch, he however got enough when it continued in the dressing room

Bernard Mendy and Bülent Akin were fighting until there was blood flowing on the floor in Boltons dressing room. Sam Allardyce then calls Mendy into another room and while he's in there talking to Allardyce, Akin storms in and kicks Mendy in the head where they start fighting again and has to be seperated. :lol

Also some great stories about the crazy gang at Wimbledon, like how they burnt David Nielsens stuff the day he arrived, like how he arrived back from training to see all his stuff from his bag in the middle of the floor burning, that was apparently just the usual stuff cause no eyebrows were raised from the staff or players.

Salazar

Ducker in the Times saying United will bid £10m for Baines within the week or when Gill back from US holiday. Also states interest in Moura

a) Everton will tell us to fuck off.
b) Surely this has already been set in motion.
c) Christ, Gill. What the fuck do you think you're playing at.
d) Duh.

I think Ducker makes it up almost as much as Banned Paper - he's just less extravagant.

pappe

Chelsea have only signed Hazard.

For now they're better than us in midfield only with the likes of Lampard, Ramires and Mata.

I'd much rather our strikers and wingers than theirs and their defence was worse than ours last year without Vidic.

Chelsea may well be very good next season but they still need to sign 2 players at least to have me really worried. (I'm thinking a striker like Hulk and then a top CB or full back).

Edit - And just to go back to the original point...Adam lol. Our midfield is poor but it's not that poor.

The biggest weakness for Chelsea is their manager. RDM does not scare me. Even if they sign another great player i dont think RDM has the tactical acumen to make them all play well together.

If Carlo was still in charge i would have shat my pants already.

PaulLFC

The Times are confirming the Duncan Jenkins report about us being interested in Lewis Holtby. Duncan also mentioned Julian Draxler at the same time, haven't heard anything else about him yet though.

Brendan Rodgers, the Liverpool manager, concluded his first signing for the club after Fabio Borini, the Roma and Italy striker, arrived on Merseyside yesterday to complete a medical. Liverpool, who are also thought to be tracking Lewis Holtby, the Schalke winger, confirmed that Maxi Rodríguez, the Argentina midfielder, has rejoined Newell’s Old Boys on a free transfer.

Mastadon

Banned
The Times are confirming the Duncan Jenkins report about us being interested in Lewis Holtby. Duncan also mentioned Julian Draxler at the same time, haven't heard anything else about him yet though.

Draxler would cost an awful lot of money I think, can't see that one happening. Holtby seems more likely.

Salazar

This thing with divided rights between Moura and his club is a pisstake.

If something inclines you to ask around 40m Euro for a foetus who has done less in the game than Obertan, then that something is fucking with your mind.

The_Joker

Rajkovic tried to punch son but missed. instead he punched Arslan instead who started to blead. Son tried to kick Arslan then, but missed too. then the other players came to calm the situation down lol.
wrong.

rajkovic tried to punch son. son dodged and hit arslan with the back of his head. (so nobody tried to punch arslan, he had bad luck) ...

rajkovic got suspended and son has to pay a fine...

that's nothing to be proud of but the media is making it bigger than it is...

and as a supporter of fc hollywood i woudn't say this part...

just a normal day in hamburg

show me the last time this happened in hamburg... i can show you what happened last season in munich ;) (robben-ribery, robben-müller, robben-everybody else :D)

xintin

Looks like Chelsea are preparing a new offer for Schürrle. Have they given up on Hulk?
The major stumbling block, or the most reported at least, seems to be who would pay his agent and who would pay the Uruguayan club who have 10% of his rights. Porto want to keep the full transfer fee and have Chelsea pay the agent and club on top of that, instead of it coming out of the transfer fee as normal.

edit - another issue is how the payment would be structured. I think Porto want the fee (or a large majority of it) all at once and Chelsea wanted to spread it out over 3 years or something. Anyways, 25m for Schurrle seems like a done deal to me.

The_Joker

i think fink handled it pretty well... he said that it's good to see the team is alive but only to a point were there are no physical fights... rajokiv got suspended for starting the fight und throwing punches and son got a fine for hitting back... (and we want to sell rajkovic anyway so this won't harm anybody)

dc89

Really wish I was off work today. I'd be at the City Store getting the new away shirt and having my photo took with that Premier League trophy.

Hold me GAF, for I am upset.

The major stumbling block, or the most reported at least, seems to be who would pay his agent and who would pay the Uruguayan club who have 10% of his rights. Porto want to keep the full transfer fee and have Chelsea pay the agent and club on top of that, instead of it coming out of the transfer fee as normal.

edit - another issue is how the payment would be structured. I think Porto want the fee (or a large majority of it) all at once and Chelsea wanted to spread it out over 3 years or something. Anyways, 25m for Schurrle seems like a done deal to me.

But I really really really want Hulk >.< he'd be so good, he can play on the right and up front.

I don't understand all these rumours of us trying for Oscar and Modric etc etc… where are they going to play?

We have mata hazard hopefully hulk behind Torres. Sturridge currently too but I bet he leaves.

Also have Marin who will be good for us I think but not a week-in-week-out starter.

Instead of wasting all this money on other players why not just use de Bruyne and mceachran in midfield (or loan de bruyne) and ship out malouda, essien.

I really hope we don't go throwing away money on players like Modric, I'm not doubting his talent but we could better things with that money.

Also I don't want maicon, give me azpilicueta any day.

pappe

But I really really really want Hulk >.< he'd be so good, he can play on the right and up front.

I don't understand all these rumours of us trying for Oscar and Modric etc etc&#8230; where are they going to play?

We have mata hazard hopefully hulk behind Torres. Sturridge currently too but I bet he leaves.

Also have Marin who will be good for us I think but not a week-in-week-out starter.

Instead of wasting all this money on other players why not just use de Bruyne and mceachran in midfield (or loan de bruyne) and ship out malouda, essien.

I really hope we don't go throwing away money on players like Modric, I'm not doubting his talent but we could better things with that money.

Also I don't want maicon, give me azpilicueta any day.

-----Mikel/Romeu---- Modric/Meireles------

Hulk/Sturridge------Hazard/Mata-----------------Mata/Hazard

--------------------------Torres---------------

Backups: Malouda, Essien, De Bruyne, Marin, Mceachran.

Chelsea need to buy a backup striker. If Torres starts sucking again or if he needs rest who will play up front?

I think Matas best position is in the middle but with Hazard coming in and rumors of anothe CM coming in i think RDM is gonna stick him out wide which frankly makes me fume. Chelsea were far far far more dangerous when Mata played centrally last season and i believe he wont have much trouble playing in CM like Modric does.
Though Shifting hazard wide left and Mata in the Center would be the best.

Rad-

Lucas Moura to United is one of the most unreal transfer sagas in a while. I don't see it happening at all and can't even bother to get excited. Apparently Sao Paulo have turned down 33€ million bid and want 38€ million lolz.

As a player I have followed him for almost 2 years now. He's still very inconsistent and selfish but you can see he has the potential to be one of the best in the world. But he's also the type that will sign for one of the Milan clubs or Real.

qindarka

Banned

Chelsea need to buy a backup striker. If Torres starts sucking again or if he needs rest who will play up front?

I think Matas best position is in the middle but with Hazard coming in and rumors of anothe CM coming in i think RDM is gonna stick him out wide which frankly makes me fume. Chelsea were far far far more dangerous when Mata played centrally last season and i believe he wont have much trouble playing in CM like Modric does.
Though Shifting hazard wide left and Mata in the Center would be the best.

It's amazing how often people (even Chelsea fans) are so eager to kick Ramires out of the team even as he was one of Chelsea's best players last season.
.Anyway, it is likely that Sturridge will backup Torres for now though.

GorillaJu

It's amazing how often people (even Chelsea fans) are so eager to kick Ramires out of the team even as he was one of Chelsea's best players last season.
.Anyway, it is likely that Sturridge will backup Torres for now though.

Fans will always turn on someone who isn't good looking or has a flashy play style. Especially fans of "glamour" teams like Chelsea.

GorillaJu

I liked the part where he didn't understand how it was insurance fraud. :lol

Something that went largely unnoticed is that he apparently threatened to contact police in the first or second email correspondence. Great way to treat a business you're already ripping off!

Threads like that make me love GAF so much. Especially when you can tell they aren't just clever trolling. The guy is just clueless. :lol

Oh shit I DP'd. Party foul :(

qindarka

Banned
Fans will always turn on someone who isn't good looking or has a flashy play style. Especially fans of "glamour" teams like Chelsea.

Right. (BTW:I do know that pappe isn't a Chelsea fan)

It is rather annoying how fans will get all hyped up over potential new signings whom they may never have seen play and will start putting them all in hypothetical starting 11's at the expense of established players.

Chelsea need to buy a backup striker.

I'd imagine that backup striker will be Sturridge, and they'll have Marko Marin as a wide option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom