• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

Heard that Mikey Owen was at Villa Park today.

Any of Villa-GAF know anything about this?

I still think Owen can score goals, proven finisher. His fitness however is a big problem.

I heard his agent was there but I think his agent is doing the rounds of many clubs.

I dont see it happening given Owens wages and it would be a very un-Lambert like signing (he likes to buy cheap hungry players from outside the PL), but I could be wrong.

Arnie

I'm kinda hoping Liverpool can find their form and looking forward to see how Rodgers/B-Rod will change the teams playing style. If he uses a similar style to that of the one he used at Swansea it'll be great for the fans and the league. If he gets the team pressing into the opponents which Liverpool have been pretty good at in the past imo, and add to taht a couple of signings, the team could be back fighting for a CL place.

#Koptimism

I don't like this, it's been par for the course for the past few weeks.

Any dialogue I have with someone usually ends in an optimistic, glowing synopsis of our upcoming season; one which ends in us significantly improving and Rodgers being a mega hit.

Now the honeymoon period is over, all I see are 38 difficult fixtures that I'm accustomed to seeing us botch. I also see an ominous Spurs, a rejuvenated Chelsea, and Arsene Wenger.

K1LLER7

Out of all the new signings in the PL, who are you most interested in seeing?

Kagawa is the obvious choice for me. And then there is Hazard at Chelsea. I'm curious to see if he can translate his Ligue 1 form to the Premier League and manage to live up to the hype. And I want to see if Marko Marin can rediscover some form at Chelsea.
Kagawa (United bias)

If the Oscar move goes through, I'll look forward to seeing him play. Especially since most of Footy-Gaf rate him highly. Others would be Hazard, Borini (and if he pulls a downing :p ) and Vertonghen

Clegg

Banned Paper also running a Lucas Moura story.

Says Sao Paolo want £30m for him. £23.5m for themselves and £6.5m for Lucas, as he has a 20% right for any fee received for him. But that percentage goes up to 30% on 1st August. So his fee will increase to £34m if he isn't bought before then.

Salvadora

I'm excited to see Giroud in action & any other Arsenal signings. If it were another club I'd say Hazard for sure. Wonder if he'll live up to his price-tag/hype.

rodvik

Out of all the new signings in the PL, who are you most interested in seeing?

Kagawa is the obvious choice for me. And then there is Hazard at Chelsea. I'm curious to see if he can translate his Ligue 1 form to the Premier League and manage to live up to the hype. And I want to see if Marko Marin can rediscover some form at Chelsea.

Kawaga no doubt, Hulk if it happens. For Villa I am oddly stoked to see how Karim El Ahmadi plays in the PL. I get to see him play in the flesh next week!

K1LLER7

I don't like this, it's been par for the course for the past few weeks.

Any dialogue I have with someone usually ends in an optimistic, glowing synopsis of our upcoming season; one which ends in us significantly improving and Rodgers being a mega hit.

Now the honeymoon period is over, all I see are 38 difficult fixtures that I'm accustomed to seeing us botch. I also see an ominous Spurs, a rejuvenated Chelsea, and Arsene Wenger.
Haha same thing I say to my mate and he gives the same reaction :)

But Seriously,if he makes some good signings, I wouldn't put it past you guys with Rodgers to be fighting for 4th. Though you'll need to keep Lucas and Gerrard fit and keep Aqualani. Maybe sign a winger (adam johnson?) and have Suarez practise putting the ball into the back of the net instead of hitting the post.

Clegg

From the Dark Knight Rises thread:

Like how any other talentless cunt gets ahead in show-biz.......Sucks a mean dick!!
Uses the C word. Most definitely in a derogatory way against a woman.

I'm patiently awaiting his ban.

jtb

Banned
From the Dark Knight Rises thread:

Uses the C word. Most definitely in a derogatory way against a woman.

I'm patiently awaiting his ban.

It'd be nice if he was banned for just being a misogynist asshole rather than for explicitly using the word "cunt."

FootballFan

Behrami signed for Napoli. Good signing. Interesting to see Napoli next season without Lavezzi.

Also happy birthday to Busquets, turned 24.

Pato picked up an ankle injury.

Wow just wow.

smh. like honestly, there are no words. Get rid of him Milan ASAP.

timthumb.php

I am so happy to see Villa back training :) Oh and what the hell Alexis, those shorts are very small...

Hell yeah! Villa is back! Like a new signing :p

The one that began with a standalone nutella comment made me laugh. You could see Kolarov doing the mental gymnastics trying to wrap his head around it.

:lol "I like nutella very much" hahah

Who's underrating Busquets?

everyone outside of GAF ? there are ridiculous number of memes and people on facebook etc that just say he cant do anything except dive. I know people who think players like De Jong or Palacios are better. smh.

And 7 Real Madrid players.

Who will win it? Messi. Why? Who knows.

Taking a stab in the dark here, but I am guessing, just guessing, its because he is the best.

Haha, Sunhi dropped another legendary gif in this thread. Read the OP then go to the 3rd page:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=482690

Does the OP not realise elevators have brakes ?

Heard that Owen was at Villa Park today.

Any of Villa-GAF know anything about this?

I still think Owen can score goals, proven finisher. His fitness however is a big problem.

Owen Hargreaves or Michael Owen ? Makes sense both ways :p

Noice. Ive scored similar ones, not with Ronaldo though. Overpowered in every fifa game.

qindarka

Banned
Regarding the Cavani to Chelsea stories, the source reporting it is banned here for a reason. And I seriously doubt Chelsea would pay him 150,000 a week.

K1LLER7

Regarding the Cavani to Chelsea stories, the source reporting it is banned here for a reason. And I seriously doubt Chelsea would pay him 150,000 a week.
If they can pay £50m for a out of form Torres, i wouldn't put it past them to agree to paying 150,000 a week to Cavani. If Abramovic really wants a player, he'll offer crazy amounts to get them.

Goodnight Gaf :)

Train from London to Manchester took 4 hours tonight. Somebody jumped in front of a train :-/

FM to the rescue. In days gone by 4 hours was enough to get through a whole season. Just a few games these days, takes like 10 mins just to play one match.

Messi

Train from London to Manchester took 4 hours tonight. Somebody jumped in front of a train :-/

FM to the rescue. In days gone by 4 hours was enough to get through a whole season. Just a few games these days, takes like 10 mins just to play one match.

I can't imagine why anyone would do this, seems like such a horrible way to go.

Arnie

Compiling my thoughts, I don't really buy the whole 'you should keep Carroll, he's improved recently' argument. Sure, I'm not denying he's improved since he embarrassed himself at the Sports Direct Arena, but even when he's playing 'well', it's playing up to an ideology and a style that I don't want to be associated with, that I don't want Liverpool to be associated with.

That might sound hopelessly idealistic but it's true. Not long ago I watched us boss teams with a Gerrard and Torres partnership, I can't really get behind a hoofball and Carroll partnership, even if it wins us the odd game, ala Blackburn.
I can't imagine why anyone would do this, seems like such a horrible way to go.
It's quick, easy, and reliable; I think that takes precedence over niceties for people going through such a situation, sadly.

Messi

I am having a brain fart right now so can you guys help me. Tomorrow morning at 10am spanish time, what time is it UK time? 8am or 9am?

Arnie

Story just launched on the website, pulled from the latest press conference in the US, but Borini gave up his summer holiday to come on the US tour. Top lad. Already liking his work ethic that everyone was so keen to point out.

Fintan

Its not GMT+2 because of daylight savings?

No, it's definitely an hour ahead. Type "time in spain" into Google there and it comes up at the top of the page. Really useful for checking that sort of thing actually, I use it for US cities a lot.

Messi

Man, Suits is such a nice relaxing show to watch after Breaking Bad. Breaking Bad is so tense, I love it but I need something to unwind afterwards. Just got done with the Breaking Bad season 5 premier and spoilers
MAGNETS YO!

Just started The Walking Dead Episode 2 (game). Jesus Christ...

Finished Episode 1 yesterday and that was great. Night and day compared to the tv show.

Messi

Anybody here seen the pilot of the new Black Dynamite series? No? ok

No, but I want to. DYNAMITE...DYNAMITE

I don't think Spain ever gets to 2 hours ahead. Spain has DST too I believe so it's always 1 hour ahead, summer or winter.

Awesome thanks

Just started The Walking Dead Episode 2 (game). Jesus Christ...

Finished Episode 1 yesterday and that was great. Night and day compared to the tv show.

Playing it myself, loved ep 1. I find the music is great.

Arnie

Starting to get slightly manic at the lack of football now.

I'm currently watching extended highlights of our 4-1 league win against Chelsea at the end of last season, at 3am. What the fuck's wrong with me. Stick by my assertions though, Andy Carroll's playing well here and I still don't like it. He's too gangly and slow, he's less mobile than my troubling shit the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom