• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

in2merpqcqypz20jk1.gif

Starting to get slightly manic at the lack of football now.

MLS is keeping me going, barely. Enjoying a live game right now. Colorado vs Dallas. What I like is the amount of space that opens up in MLS. Can be fun!

rodvik

Someone buy Berba, dammit.

12 appearances last season, 7 goals. Plus the Berbasex factor. Great player.

Sadly he is very much in the same mold as Bent (ie: doesnt contrbute much outside of goals) we dont need two of that kind of player so I doubt we would be in for him.

Hope he gets a move though, he deserves to play next season.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Was Regulus pontificating on his love for animated 2d panties? and the girl wearing them.
Kids on the Slope is (thankfully) devoid of panty shots, thank you.
http://www.ligamx.net/home/

While your here reg. We finally have a decent site for the Liga Mx. Hope we get some detailed stats like passing % and accuracy from now on.
Bells and whistles, blah blah blah. Still gonna nerd the fuck out on them every weekend.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Was Regulus pontificating on his love for animated 2d panties? and the girl wearing them.

While your here reg. We finally have a decent site for the Liga Mx. Hope we get some detailed stats like passing % and accuracy from now on.

nice however I wish the site was available in other languages to attract more foreign interest of some sort.

neoanarch

I distinctly remember two separate beach episodes.

I told myself I wasn't going to be excited for the Liga MX. No real changes other than the restructure under the same management. But there have been tons of quality signings by the clubs. Plus the Copa should guarantee some decent upsets by the Liga de Ascenso sides.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
nice however I wish the site was available in other languages to attract more foreign interest of some sort.
They gotta recapture the domestic market first before they even try to sell this mediocre sorry arse job of a league overseas.
I distinctly remember two separate beach episodes.
Swimsuits != panties

Actually the only one who was in underwear in that episode was Glasses-dude, and he has a dick.
I told myself I wasn't going to be excited for the Liga MX. No real changes other than the restructure under the same management. But there have been tons of quality signings by the clubs. Plus the Copa should guarantee some decent upsets by the Liga de Ascenso sides.
Yes, at the cost of halting youth development, aka the one good this Mexican football had going for it.

rodvik

Bells and whistles, blah blah blah. Still gonna nerd the fuck out on them every weekend.

Naughty tentacles or bust yo. :)

FootballFan

Feels weird changing an avatar I've had for 5 years.

RIP

I already forgot your last avatar :eek: even though that is mainly what I use to recognise posters.

I haven't changed my avatar yet(except if you count adding the jacket thing to it lol). Thinking about putting Puyol as my avatar but cant really be bothered.

Oxx

I needed something to watch at the gym yesterday, so I downloaded Breaking Bad season 1 on iTunes.

Two episodes in and I'm liking it.

Now I just need to work out the cheapest/most efficient way to get the other seasons.

Salazar

Well isn't dailyshit also complete and utter shit when it comes to football rumors? I want to believe though, come here Cavani.

Usually. I mean, they carried "Fergie in foam-mouthed transfer window tirade: GET ME LAMPARD, he told United staff".

But it doesn't entirely make sense to take the piss out of them in particular.

kvdC2.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Whoever we're going to buy, I hope we manage to snatch him before our preseaosn games. :/

Here's a flashy video for all you Krasic suitors out there. Amazing winger, please spread the word and let the management of your beloved club(s) know he's up for grabs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=xF0CIYt6KQY

Dat unplayable Krasic. I'll forever remember him for this.
And the money we're getting after we sell him!

"Look, I'm not saying we're after Tevez and / or Dzeko, but we totally are."

Are they both non-EU? Milan used up one of their non-EU spots on a young GK I think.

Salazar

Manutd.com said:
Speaking after arriving in Durban, the boss revealed there will be a mix of youth and experience on show with Robbie Brady handed the chance to impress at left-back.

The winger has played there for the Reserves and is set to start, with Jesse Lingard operating further up the pitch and Shinji Kagawa making his debut.

"The priority is to get the experienced players fit but young players will play in each game. It's likely that Kagawa will start with Chicharito.

"Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand and Paul Scholes will play. So too Anders Lindegaard, Lingard and Brady at left-back. Antonio Valencia will play.

"Brady is an outside-left but we believe there's a possibility he will develop into a left-back. It's an area which we're paying attention to as Patrice Evra has played an average of 45 games in the last few seasons. So it's important for Fabio to get experience at QPR because, touch wood, Evra is never injured.

"The opportunities weren't there for Fabio and he needed more opportunities. With him away at QPR, we're a bit short at left-back so that's why we're trying Brady there. We also have Tyler Blackett with us. He's a strong boy, tall and quick and he has time on his side. He is here for the experience.

"Evans has had an operation," stressed the boss in Durban. "I'm not sure he'll start the season but he won't be far away. Vidic will start the season. I am sure of that. He's still at that level of doing a good amount of training but not the competitive level that the other lads are at. He's better off staying at Carrington.

"Smalling has done a bit of training. He had a ruptured groin muscle which needed a lot of attention but he's made gradual progress and we expect him to start the season."

Yup yup. Doesn't really sound like he's in for Baineses, does it. Or at least, he's quite prepared for us not to get him.

Carbonox

nufcfans_cabaye_debuchy_embrace_newcastle_united.jpg

All over my face.

edit: someone avatar-ify that for me!

Handsome fuckers. Can't wait for Debuchy to put on a Newcastle shirt.

Liverpool want 20m for Carroll, eh? Wonder who's gonna pay that as we most certainly won't be unless that's in instalments (even so, we won't be breaking our transfer record for him).

pappe

Dunno context or anything, but the minute someone says 'I remember when' with no real proof I get a bit cynical.

EDIT: Free Berba, look how fucking sad he looks. I love him. Fergie let him go

IQAKV.jpg

</3 Its heart breaking to see him like this. Hope some1 bids for him soon. He would be perfect for a side like Newcastle.

Carbonox

I wouldn't mind Berbatov at Newcastle at all. I'm pretty sure he has very high wages though? We wouldn't offer him more than around 60k if that, unfortunately, due to our wage ceiling. Plus his age doesn't fit in with the hierarchy's ideals.

Some tit on RAWK started a thread blaming FSG for allowing Commoli to spend the Torres money on Carroll. Its amazing the lengths people go to on there to absove Kenny of all blame for last season, and its irksome to see the feats of mental gymnastics some will perform to blame FSG for everything they think is wrong at the club.

Give Hodgson a couple of months: Not ruthless enough
Sack those most responsible for last season' embarassment: Too ruthless
Kenny spends money on shite: Blame FSG
Kenny spends money on more shite: Blame Commoli
Win Carling Cup: All thanks to Kenny
Dismal league performance: Blame FSG+Commoli
Kenny sacked: Fuck off Yanks, this club is dead
Go public: Keep it behind closed doors you twats
Keep it behind closed doors: What's going on, they're not even looking for a new manager
Hire Rodgers: Bloody FSG, can't even decide if they want a DoF
Try to expand our market: Selling the club's soul
Leave chance to expand: No wonder we're so far behind, businessmen my arse
20m spent on a rubbish player: Too much, no business accumen
Reasonable sum spent on astute purchase: Not enough, the team needs huge investment

dc89

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adebayor to Spurs deal is stalling and it's now in doubt. Spurs offering £5m but City want £6m.

Just get rid City! We have £50 notes in loo's as toilet paper FFS!

Clegg

SAF can't possibly think that we can go into the new season with Evra and 2 academy players as LB cover. Whats the point in sending Fabio on loan then?

Carbonox

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adebayor to Spurs deal is stalling and it's now in doubt. Spurs offering £5m but City want £6m.

Always makes me laugh when I hear about deals stalling because of the odd 1m or something. Especially when it involves teams like Tottenham and Man City. :lol

dc89

SAF can't possibly think that we can go into the new season with Evra and 2 academy players as LB cover. Whats the point in sending Fabio on loan then?

Sky say Fergie has confirmed that Evans will miss the start of the season too.

jtb

Banned
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hahaha that's fucking ridiculous; just throw up the additional million Levy, you're already getting City to subsidize the wages anyways. I'm gonna be so pissed if RVP leaves on a free next year...

dc89

hahaha that's fucking ridiculous; just throw up the additional million Levy, you're already getting City to subsidize the wages anyways. I'm gonna be so pissed if RVP leaves on a free next year...

Yeah City wanted £8m originally too!

I think City want to sell before they buy. But I think it will get to the stage where we'll buy anyway, we have to if we want to strengthen. We can't rely on other clubs coming in for our misfits on silly wages.

jtb

Banned
Yeah City wanted £8m originally too!

I think City want to sell before they buy. But I think it will get to the stage where we'll buy anyway, we have to if we want to strengthen. We can't rely on other clubs coming in for our misfits on silly wages.

8m or 5m, it's still about as cheap as you'll get for a borderline world class striker these days.

makes sense, though I think City have enough sellable assets (Tevez, Dzeko mainly) that once the overpaid deadwood like Kolo Toure (guy's a good defender, but clearly past it and the failing the drug test clearly didn't help matters) and Santa Cruz leave, City should have a bit of room to work within their wage budget. Tevez/Dzeko, Adebayor, Toure, Santa Cruz leaving... that wipes a good 400-500k off the wage bill. Enough to buy some quality squad players, no doubt.

Messi

OMG I am stupidly happy right now. I just bought me and Manutdfan 2 tickets to the Barcelona vs Real Madrid supercup game next month.

tumblr_lf2iq4s4Hy1qg1gw5o1_400.gif

This has been my dream for so long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom