• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

goddamn it they were training at harvard and i'm less than an hour away, should have went

hot as balls though, feels like 38c with the humidity

elseanio

8_5005ab64b7b8e241799524.jpg

*bows*

Hope God gets some minutes out there.

Looking at these legends around the club reminded me.. does Ronnie Moran still have free use of Melwood facilities? Always made me laugh seeing him in some behind the scenes vids.

Yen

Looking at these legends around the club reminded me.. does Ronnie Moran still have free use of Melwood facilities? Always made me laugh seeing him in some behind the scenes vids.

Yes. Think I spotted him recently. 46 years of service, he deserves it.

Arnie

He does. Haha it's brilliant, watching a video and then he just jogs by in a tracksuit.

Arnie

It's great to see Aqua in action again. :(

If by this you mean epic cheesy videos then watch this one! Brilliant editing (IMO).
Ok Yurt, that was one of the best videos I've seen, in that mould. Can't help but getting goosebumps seeing Del Piero lifting the trophy, or Conte hugging Marchisio. All at the new stadium too, absolutely perfect. A true footballing fairytale.

And it's a tough league too. Look at Napoli and Milan's squad.
So, how good is Joe Allen? What is his best strenght?

I hope he's coming to replace Adam.
How good? Very good. If he was Portugese or Spanish he'd have been snapped up by now. He's far better than Adam, or Henderson, or Spearing. Would be genuinely over the moon if we signed him.

Fry

How good? Very good. If he was Portugese or Spanish he'd have been snapped up by now. He's far better than Adam, or Henderson, or Spearing. Would be genuinely over the moon if we signed him.

Awesome, but what would you say is his best strength?

Also, where are you on BB?

Wilbur

Banned
Just came out of a school play where a black boy called Smith played the black smith and an Indian girl was the chief of Red Indians who entered the stage to Bollywood music.

Arnie

Awesome, but what would you say is his best strength?
I'd say it's his technique on the ball, and how that enables him to make this intelligent dribbles into space. He's got the passing ability, obviously, but it's his confidence in moving with the ball that makes him stand out for me, even if his overall passing stats weren't as good as Britton's last season.

It's especially apparent when you see Henderson take the ball, and remain static, before redistributing it. Allen rarely stops moving, he's very nippy. Modricesque if you will.

This illustrates it better than I can.

Also, where are you on BB?
Episode 5 or 6 of series 4 I think. Getting phenomenal.

Fry

Nice, thanks Arnold. I could barely watch Swansea last season, so I was in the dark here.

S4 started to get intense right where you are, it's about to get much better.

G-Unit

You know what we need more of this stuff! I only hear Bayern fans with this stuff.

CHELSEAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOONAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I know, this thread needs more Blaugrana colors hahaha

Joe

118414-3.jpg

Paulo Dybala deal is defined but we are aiming to perfect the final details in a very short time so as to allow the player to join the team training camp.

Should've acted quicker City!

Arnie

I'm two minutes into a 38 minute video of extended highlights from our last game of the season against Swansea, and Allen's made a goalscoring oppurtunity, whilst Andy Carroll's gone to pass the ball all the way back to the goalkeeper from the halfway line.

Fuck me.

Was this posted yet?

Sao Paulo rejects 38m offer for Lucas Moura
At this point United should just abandon ship and, you know, buy a central midfielder.

Clegg

Apparently the Sao Paolo board are split over the Lucas transfer. Hald think he should have been sold by now and the other half think they can get more money. Everyone is in agreement that he should go but the president wants more money.

If that story isn't made up nonsense then I can only see one end to it. United don't sign him and still refuse to get a midfielder.

sneaky77

Apparently the Sao Paolo board are split over the Lucas transfer. Hald think he should have been sold by now and the other half think they can get more money. Everyone is in agreement that he should go but the president wants more money.

If that story is made up nonsense then I can only see one end to it. United don't sign him and still refuse to get a midfielder.

More than 38m? are they insane? lol

Labadal

I hope Carroll stays.

He wasn't used the right way. He should never drop to our own half. I remember seeing him drop deep to get the ball in many games, but that's not how he should be played. Neither should he stray to the wings. He should play a striker/poacher role. Score those goals no one will remember in a month. We could use him in Rodger's system. He had some really good passes last season, but a lot of people probably forgot about that. Hoofing the ball to Carroll isn't the only option. I firmly believe he could be played in a system that puts focus on passing and moving. He doesn't really have to dribble the ball, when he gets it, he should pass quickly. We know he can hold defenders off so it would be an interesting idea. Pass it and then move forward.
About his pressing last season. Can't really blame him. Him and Suarez were usually the only two that pressed on the opposing team's half. It's not easy when the midfield isn't helping. In Rodger's system, he wouldn't be alone in pressing. Even if he's not quick enough to actually intercept the ball, he could still stress them, and with team mates pressing, it could lead to goal chances anyway.

If we sell Carroll, I'll be really bummed. I watched him play in the Championship and I still remember saying to myself that I wanted to see him at Liverpool. Then he was good when they got promoted, and then we actually bought him. I still think he can be good for us.

I just finished Episode 2 of The Walking Dead game. Holy shit that game is good. I could tell what was going to happen pretty much straight away. I little too cliché, but that didn't make the choices any less hard.

dc89

I just finished Episode 2 of The Walking Dead game. Holy shit that game is good. I could tell what was going to happen pretty much straight away. I little too cliché, but that didn't make the choices any less hard.

I'm currently playing Episode 1.

It's good, the decisions come thick and fast.

I'm having so much trouble being patient and waiting for the iOS release so I can experience it on my gorgeous retina screen. But, I'm picking up a wired xbox controller tonight so I can play some of my haul on my television. excitement, excitement.

Arnie

Do you need to watch the show to really appreciate it?

And would it run on my Macbook Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom