• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Galliani: "There's still time until the 31st of August. We will sign a champion".

I believe the gold tie.

Bumhead

Banned
Antonio resigning for you guys this season?

I hope so. He's a cracking player, and a snip at the £750k reportedly being asked. We meet Reading in a pre-season game in Portugal so hopefully the deal can be done when both squads are there, haha. Are you a Reading fan?

Meier

He isn't going to City, dc.

I would be okay with City just going after some of these younger and/or cheaper guys like Niang, Dybala, Wanyama, etc. I'm still hopeful about Martinez but it doesn't sound like he's going anywhere this window.

Zabojnik

lol didn't this thread have an Inter fan?

I would love to see a few more just to see Juve-GAF and Inter-GAF fights.

You and me both! I was lured into FootyGAF by Yurt's promise that I'll meet and be able to confront some of the worst interisti you can imagine. I'm still waiting. :/

3Sixty

I hope so. He's a cracking player, and a snip at the £750k reportedly being asked. We meet Reading in a pre-season game in Portugal so hopefully the deal can be done when both squads are there, haha. Are you a Reading fan?

Southampton.

Liked him when he was here, not the most technically gifted but a very good winger at Champ/L1 level. Seen you linked with a move for Lee Barnard as well, would be a very good signing too.

Bumhead

Banned
Southampton.

Liked him when he was here, not the most technically gifted but a very good winger at Champ/L1 level. Seen you linked with a move for Lee Barnard as well, would be a very good signing too.

Ah yeah, clue is in the avatar, hah.

Antonio is a rough diamond. Doesn't always get it right but there's definitely plenty about him. One of those players you can see visibly growing as a player as time goes on. At times he was almost unplayable at League One level for us last year. He's still untested at Championship level but I think he's surplus at Reading and will go on to be absolute quality for a team at our level. Hopefully us.

Not heard anything about Barnard, although I trust Dave Jones implicitly. I'll take Lambert though.. ;)

Brain fart off topic post:

- I thought Batman Begins was boring and The Dark Knight was pretty good but Bales ridiculous Batman voice was almost too much, also Hamills Joker in AA / AC is better than Ledgers, I'll watch TDKR eventually I suppose. As an aside I hadn't followed TDK before it came out and I spent a good twenty minutes during the film trying to work out what happened to Katie Holmes face before I realised it wasnt her

- I'm having a sucky time with my apple devices, first the home button is broke on my iPhone 4 and I dunno what to do, my contract just ended so I've gone onto simplicity and was potnetially going to trade this into Mazuma when the 5 came out but not sure whether to pay the £125 or so for repair, also i have a tiny scratch on my iPad screen that is driving me mad

-in better news the fact that the IMDB app finally added the message boards made my day

K1LLER7

I like his username better, TC91, so easy to remember :)

So City fail to score in 2 games, Giving hints to the sheiks to splash the cash on RVP.

Clegg

Off topic:

I like the rain. It can be a bit of a bitch if you're stuck in the middle of a shower with only a t-shirt on but in general the rain is groovy.

I'm in my bedroom and its raining outside. Listening to it fall is probably the most soothing sound in existence.

K1LLER7

Off topic:

I like the rain. It can be a bit of a bitch if you're stuck in the middle of a shower with only a t-shirt on but in general the rain is groovy.

I'm in my bedroom and its raining outside. Listening to it fall is probably the most soothing sound in existence.
This is what signing no CM does to you.

Wilbur

Banned
Off topic:

Holy fuck I love the rain. I love putting the parasol up over our deck chairs, sitting outside with a hoody on when its raining and reading a book while listening to it. Best feeling ever.

Hixx

Holy fuck I love the rain. I love putting the parasol up over our deck chairs, sitting outside with a hoody on when its raining and reading a book while listening to it. Best feeling ever.

lol southerners

get a conservatory. see if you like the patter of the rain then. FUCK YOU RAIN.

dc89

Off topic:

I like lying in bed with my window open listening to the rain outside.

Your right, it feels good man!

Off topic:

My room is right above the conservatory. When it rains, the drops on the roof make a really satisfying noise, I bust the windows open and it sends me to sleep. At nights when it's pelting down it's so loud it makes being in a warm bed a million times better. Great stuff. Dat rain!

Edit:

lol southerners

get a conservatory. see if you like the patter of the rain then. FUCK YOU RAIN.
How dare you!

fuck conservatories, i have decking.
I have both!

vall03

what the fuck are these shit that Im reading?! Arsenal is not planning to sell RvP after not signing a new contract? really?!

what the fuck are these shit that Im reading?! Arsenal is not planning to sell RvP after not signing a new contract? really?!

What a fucking idiotic move if true, we need him gone while we can get big money, not to mention how he'll perform after being told he cannot leave.

pulga

Banned
Listen..you! You have two options, either you post more here or get on twitter
ePdfk.gif
ePdfk.gif
ePdfk.gif

I blame YOU for hyping him up! YOU DID THIS TO ME.

I'm really sorry pulga

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jtb

Banned
What a fucking idiotic move if true, we need him gone while we can get big money, not to mention how he'll perform after being told he cannot leave.

This is such a perfect opportunity to rebuild the squad too... their replacements are already here so we won't have to worry about replacement price/quality... it makes no fucking sense to keep either RVP or Theo (who we haven't even opened talks with apparently?!)

-MB-

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11913/7908795/Anita-demands-Ajax-exit

Vurnon Anita has confirmed he wants to leave Ajax. Looks like Newcastle will get him this Summer after all. :D

Debuchy, Douglas, Anita and Carroll. I'd be happy with that haul for this Summer.

Better pay up big, or else it won't happen.
As he still has a contract till summer 2014, he doesn't have to be sold off now, so Ajax will most likely hold him for another year, unless the offer is too high to ignore.

This is such a perfect opportunity to rebuild the squad too... their replacements are already here so we won't have to worry about replacement price/quality... it makes no fucking sense to keep either RVP or Theo (who we haven't even opened talks with apparently?!)

Rumour was Theo wanted 100k a week so Arsene stopped further talks. But yes we could rebuild the squad but hey,why be progressive and forward thinking? That's not our style.

Zabojnik

Rain > sunshine

Fuck yeah British Weather.

Rain is indeed amazing. Even more so if you're listening to something like this while it's happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSfjHl3FGQs

And come february, Amauri left.
He mentioned something 'bout it
being for the best,
and I can't say I disagree
and it's killing me.
And now I'm standing facing west
tracing my fingers round Van Persie's silhouette.
I haven't gotten used to yet,
but it's the brightest thing Juve's got.

When I'm covered in rain, in rain, in rain ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom