• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Carbonox, I think we should stop posting muppetry news. It's clear clubs fucking hate our guts fur buying players low/selling high. Apparently the Liverpool owners don't want to deal with Ashley again after we robbed them in plain sunlight, and FC Twente are bitter as fuck about Tiote so we'll never sign Douglas for 4 million.

:(

spidye

Sorry Bayern-GAF but I'm fucking tired of Sammer already.

It's Sammer did this, Sammer did that. The media is obsessed with him. A few days ago Sammer talked with Heynckes, Heynckes acts younger now that Sammer is here. Yesterday Sammer talked with Robben, all will work out! Today Sammer took a shit, that's the shit that will win Bayern titles!

I know it's because there's no Football to talk about but seriously...

bayern-sammer-trentino-600.jpg

Arnie

Have to say: I would buy a Fab for the white icing in the middle..

Fuck that. It's like a millimetre thick. I wouldn't really buy a Fab anyway, I eat them because my Mum buys them, and she only buys them because they're cheap.

At an ice cream van I'd be getting a Feast, or a Solero, or a Zap if they're available.

Fuck that. It's like a millimetre thick. I wouldn't really buy a Fab anyway, I eat them because my Mum buys them, and she only buys them because they're cheap.

At an ice cream van I'd be getting a Feast, or a Solero, or a Zap if they're available.

Gotta bite those sides... So good.gif

I wouldn't buy a Fab at an ice cream vendor either. Like you, I'd go for a Feast, a Solero, or the curio - the Griffin of ice lolly mythology, if you will - that is the Maxibon. Twisters are a good call too.

Also, Zaps look like Austin Powers' vom.

Kyoufu

If you're getting a supermarket available ice cream at an ice cream van then you're doing it wrong.

It's all about a cone with sprinkles mmmmmmm

ATF487

Just got back from seeing a Batman Begins/Dark Knight double at the cinema. So hyped for Dark Knight Rises now!

Some places nearby are showing those before the midnight showing. I'd go but I watched them and the Burton ones in the last week already.

Batman 89 + Returns are really good in their own way

GorillaJu

Just got to work and today is "ball sports tournament" day. One of my classes got 11/12 City away jerseys for their class t-shirt.

40 Japanese high school girls in City strips. dc55 would cream his little City-branded pants.

Wilbur

Banned
Perhaps it was because I didn't see BB at the cinema, but I vastly preferred TDK.

I preferred TDK at first but after a significant amount of rewatches, BB is just the perfect Batman film. The first hour is flawless, while TDK is incredible at times but a bit padded. Ledger and Eckhart carry that movie, while Bale does the first (as it should be). Both incredible though, and TDKR is the same level. So glad we have such a good trilogy of movies.

Slizz

Just got to work and today is "ball sports tournament" day. One of my classes got 11/12 City away jerseys for their class t-shirt.

40 Japanese high school girls in City strips. dc55 would cream his little City-branded pants.

Ball sports?

Japanese High school girls?

iLWGR3EUpTcdB.gif

fuenf

I preferred TDK at first but after a significant amount of rewatches, BB is just the perfect Batman film. The first hour is flawless, while TDK is incredible at times but a bit padded. Ledger and Eckhart carry that movie, while Bale does the first (as it should be). Both incredible though, and TDKR is the same level. So glad we have such a good trilogy of movies.

How would you rate Inception in comparison to the Batman films?

Arnie

mmhmm

Funny anecdote, I didn't bother watching BB at the time of release because I was still under the illusion that all Batman films were throwaway shlock, and I remember hearing a lot of buzz about a film called 'The Dark Knight' and up until perhaps 6 months from release I had no idea it was a Batman film. It seemed implausible to me that a studio would release a Batman film without the word 'Batman' in the title.

When I saw the trailer I jizzed. Spaffed all over my liverbird undies.

And I watched Batman Begins the day after I saw TDK at IMAX.

fuenf

It's good but too bogged down in explaining rules and shit of the world

So the TDKR is easier to follow? That's a relief, i couldnt really enjoy Inception on the first viewing because i was too busy following the plot. At the moment it's Inception >/= BB >> TDK for me. TDK felt like 2 different movies to me and i didnt like the Joker / Two-Face combo that much.

Wilbur

Banned
So the TDKR is easier to follow? That's a relief, i couldnt really enjoy Inception on the first viewing because i was too busy following the plot. At the moment it's Inception >/= BB >> TDK for me. TDK felt like 2 different movies to me and i didnt like the Joker / Two-Face combo that much.

It's still pretty complex, but far more entertaining than Inception. inception's second act is painfully slow. For me it's BB > TDKR > TDK >> Inception

fuenf

It's still pretty complex, but far more entertaining than Inception. inception's second act is painfully slow. For me it's BB > TDKR > TDK >> Inception

I can see where you are coming from, for me it's simply the emotional connection between the characters that puts Inception on top. BB has similar dynamics with Rachel and Alfred but TDK on the other hand just felt cold.

To be fair i've to admit that i knew next to nothing about Batman before Begins. After watching it, i read up on the universe and the important storylines. So i guess that the novelty / originality factor was simply gone for TDK (and sadly for TDKR too).

Anyways i've to call it a night. n8 footygaf!

ATF487

mmhmm

Funny anecdote, I didn't bother watching BB at the time of release because I was still under the illusion that all Batman films were throwaway shlock, and I remember hearing a lot of buzz about a film called 'The Dark Knight' and up until perhaps 6 months from release I had no idea it was a Batman film. It seemed implausible to me that a studio would release a Batman film without the word 'Batman' in the title.

When I saw the trailer I jizzed. Spaffed all over my liverbird undies.

And I watched Batman Begins the day after I saw TDK at IMAX.

:|

Only the Schumacher films were.

Messi

It was an exact replica of the comic, the only reason it was good was because its source material was so good. It's not a Zack Snyder film.

Oh bull fucking shit. Give credit where credit is due. The source material is great, he still had to compose the shots and direct the film ect ect

Arnie

Laughing my fucking arse off at Jonjo Shelvey's video diary. He's talking about the lads using suncream and he just said, "Spearo's chucked a 20 on his 'ed".

Hilarious image.

Oh bull fucking shit. Give credit where credit is due. The source material is great, he still had to compose the shots and direct the film ect ect
Agreed. I think Wilbury's spent too much time with Solo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom