• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

It was an exact replica of the comic, the only reason it was good was because its source material was so good. It's not a Zack Snyder film.

You win this round. But I think you can still fuck it up if you're careless. He didn't fuck any of it up.

He's doing a Superman film next right? I don't like Superman :(

edit: I have mixed feelings regarding Sucker Punch.

Meier

I bought Douglas straight away in FM this year (and last) for $9m then sold him a few years later for $35m. He finished 3rd in CB of the Year behind Otamendi for me in 2011, then won it the following 2 years after I sold Otamendi. Douglas went on to play for Atletico Madrid from 2014-2023 before moving to Corinthians for a year then retiring.

Just got to work and today is "ball sports tournament" day. One of my classes got 11/12 City away jerseys for their class t-shirt.

40 Japanese high school girls in City strips. dc55 would cream his little City-branded pants.

OMG pics or it didn't happen. :O

Messi

Are we saying 300 was not a good movie? I thought that movie was very fun to watch. I own sucker punch but have not got around to watching it.

Arnie

The lasting memory I have of 300 was the hilarity me and my friends shared in the cinema when on his final night with his wife, Leonidas clearly sticks it in her ass.

rodvik

I've been listening to Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Not too sure what to make of them yet.

Also been listening to Deerhunter. They're brilliant.

Choose wisely. I like GSYBE I like you Clegg. DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE!!!! :)

Will check out Deerhunter. You tried Mogwai already I assume?

GorillaJu

Disagree re: Watchmen. The source material is good but the movie is boring. You arent supposed to make perfect replicas when going written -> screen.

No country for old men is an example of a mediocre book with a super good movie.

Meier, I want to take pics but I can't. The kind of contract I have makes it super illegal to take pictures of students, since technically I don't work for the city, thus the school can't be responsible for me if I were to take up skirt shots or something and distribute them.

I finally made it to neogaf. I had to google the off topic section in order to access neogaf. Neogaf is shit these days. It's always going down.

Kyoufu

Disagree re: Watchmen. The source material is good but the movie is boring. You arent supposed to make perfect replicas when going written -> screen

Angry+Mob+Simpsons.jpg

Get him boys.

Arnie

I saw Watchmen at the cinema with my Step Dad and that scene where they're banging in the spaceship was proper awkward.

Meier

Meier, I want to take pics but I can't. The kind of contract I have makes it super illegal to take pictures of students, since technically I don't work for the city, thus the school can't be responsible for me if I were to take up skirt shots or something and distribute them.

Angry+Mob+Simpsons.jpg

(re-using Kyoufu's image because it's perfect here)

Totally understandable though. A man can dream.. a man has to dream in this case.

p.s. I loved 300.

Arnie

I'm pretty sure it'll happen, even if it hasn't already. And I back the signing. He's a player in his peak, and that's what we need most. It's a stopgap, but after all these long term solutions I'm pretty open to a such a buy.

He'll make a fuck ton in commercial revenue too. Americans love the Deuce.

I bet Odd Morsel's outside doing sprints just to calm down.

GorillaJu

When the interviewer suggested there had been claims United had used their political influence during the race row, Suarez said the Old Trafford club used the opportunity to stop Liverpool and the forward from playing.
"I had to go to Manchester in a taxi for the trial. I got up at seven in the morning and I came home at nine at night. I was exhausted, I was so tired. I wanted to cry, and kick all the things around me," he said.

"I came home and I wanted to do all that but I couldn't because my daughter was at home. There were really complicated days and then things became harder after the punishment."
The Liverpool manager, Brendan Rodgers, is apparently aware of the comments made in the interview but is unlikely to take any further action. Suárez also suggested the British media conspired to manipulatecoverage of the handshake incident with the French international at Old Trafford in February. Suárez said he fully intended to shake the United defender's hand before the match but that the positioning of Evra's hand forced him to rethink. "It was a misunderstanding, what happened between me and Evra at Old Trafford when we were to shake hands," he added.

"In fact, I think it was all arranged against me again, as it had happened with the punishment. I promised my wife, the manager and the directors that I was going to shake my hand with Evra. Why not? I thought, because I had no problems with him. I had been punished because of him but I had no problems with shaking hands. But I was not forced to greet him. I had no problems with Evra. It was only a handshake and I was OK with that.

"The media in England showed the moment when I passed in front of him but they didn't see that he had his hand low before. Only the media in Uruguay and Spain showed that I wanted to shake his hand. But in England Man United has this political power and you have to respect that and shut your mouth." Suárez said he received enormous support inside Anfield from countryman Seb Coates and Gerrard.

Describing Gerrard as a remarkably "low profile" and "humble" man he recalled his skipper's advice ahead of his return to Old Trafford.

"You are one of the best in the world, go out there and show it, and do not think about the other things," was the advice given to him by Gerrard, and he says he will never forget those words.

If we did sign Dempsey I'd be thrilled. He's a fantastic player. And he's American. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Salazar

Rodgers should tell him to stop throwing red meat to RAWK.

Manchester United orchestrated it to sabotage Liverpool's season. Come the fuck on.

Dempsey could be another Benayoun for Liverpool.

I don't like the Carroll rumours - give the fellow more time to settle and develop under a long-term manager.

rodvik

Rodgers should tell him to stop throwing red meat to RAWK.

Manchester United orchestrated it to sabotage Liverpool's season. Come the fuck on.

It was Suarez not Rodgers who said that. And yes he is delusional. Evra/Media/ManU manipulated him into not shaking his hand? Come the fuck on Luis, havent you don enough damage to Liverpools reputation? STFU and get back to being the excellent player you are.

GorillaJu

The media absolutely loved the Suarez/Evra circus last year and sought to blow it up in any way they could for more viewership and attention. It was a huge fiasco that worked out perfectly for them.

Sky Sports has a narrative, just like Murdoch's other news companies. The handshake incident was in all likelihood a misunderstanding, but the story (all season last year) is that Suarez is a villain, so of course they're going to go with the angle that practically writes itself.

I don't think United "conspired" to anything, just that Liverpool and United have such a strong rivalry that you wouldn't expect it to be solved privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom