• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

mascout.png

Tell me about it. The poor kid never stood a chance against you jackals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv46nGqU0vQ

Lmao. Many C words were thrown at that kid.

I miss uncensored Footy-GAF. It just ain't the same now. :(

ATF487

Would welcome Dempsey with open arms, and if that 10m price is true then the Dempsey + 10 for Carroll would be about the 20m valuation we were looking for.

rodvik

Few people noticed Evra pulling his hand away.

No we did. We just thought maybe Suarez would be smart enough to pause, reach out for the mans hand, shake and move on. If Evra recoiled like being proffered a snake then Suarez could just shrug and let the world see he had tried to be the bigger man. But he didnt, he looked like a twat.

I dont have a dog in this fight. Saurez was the twat in this case, Rio Ferdinand has been the twat over Terry. Evra has been the twat in the past but with the Suarez thing I didnt think he did anything wrong at all.

Sorry man, I dont dislike Liverpool at all (Downing aside) and I really rate Suarez as a player but he made a balls up of that whole thing last season and embarassed his team. He should be trying to make it up to them not dredging it up again imho.

Ashes: Nope just my idiocy :)

rodvik

Just found out Swansea is playing San Jose this month. Gonna go see that as well as the Villa game. My son has wanted to go to a game for a long time so this should be fun!

Meier

Interesting, Lokomotiv look like they're willing to offer more than Spurs for Adebayor AND will pay his 175k wages. Let's hope he's okay with a move to Moscow.. ready to get this over with.

Former Arsenal forward Adebayor is still in talks with Spurs over a permanent transfer to White Hart Lane following his season-long loan last term, despite City agreeing a fee last week with the London club.

And with Spurs and Adebayor yet to come to an agreement over the player’s wages, Lokomotiv have contacted City to register their interest in the 28 year-old.

While Spurs are reluctant to match Adebayor’s £175,000-a-week City salary, Lokomotiv, now managed by former Croatia coach Slaven Bilic, have made it clear to the player that they are prepared to take on his wages in order to entice him to the Russian league.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Emmanuel-Adebayor-from-Lokomotiv-Moscow.html

dc89

Maybe this season will be fine after all :p

tumblr_legiv23SUp1qdxoeq.gif

Edit:

Oh man I love this gif, that ending

messiclfinalu11o.gif

I love these two.

Xavi and Iniesta are just on the same wave length. They can read each others minds, I am sure of it.

Messi, well, he's a God. Anyone who can go around United like that, I love.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What do you think Messi?

x610.jpg

Mino's wonderboy, Ouasim Bouy. I fully expect him to fuck us in two years.

610x.jpg

Rain is indeed amazing. Even more so if you're listening to something like this while it's happening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSfjHl3FGQs

And come february, Amauri left.
He mentioned something 'bout it
being for the best,
and I can't say I disagree
and it's killing me.
And now I'm standing facing west
tracing my fingers round Van Persie's silhouette.
I haven't gotten used to yet,
but it's the brightest thing Juve's got.

When I'm covered in rain, in rain, in rain ...

I don't like John Mayer but that was classy.

I wonder if it ever rains here :/ I'll pretend it's raining in the shower :(

Lightning

Banned
The media absolutely loved the Suarez/Evra circus last year and sought to blow it up in any way they could for more viewership and attention. It was a huge fiasco that worked out perfectly for them.

Sky Sports has a narrative, just like Murdoch's other news companies. The handshake incident was in all likelihood a misunderstanding, but the story (all season last year) is that Suarez is a villain, so of course they're going to go with the angle that practically writes itself.

I don't think United "conspired" to anything, just that Liverpool and United have such a strong rivalry that you wouldn't expect it to be solved privately.
It didn't help that it involved Suarez who already has a reputation for not being the most sporting of characters. The fact that it was Man U vs. Liverpool meant it would get blow nup but becsuse it involved Suarez only made things worse. Either way, taken way too far by the media.

Arsenal GAF. Is Mikel Arteta fit to go on tour? I can't seem to find any update from Arsenal on his injury which is really frustrating.

rodvik

So...is there a way to legally watch the russian league from the USA? With all these players going over there I would like to see a game or two.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta (2012) “Jovetic? He’s a player at Fiorentina that we like, whose profile responds to what we are looking out for"

Marotta (2011) "Aguero, Tevez or Benzema? The profile of the player we are looking for is similar to these players."

Just shut the fuck up Marotta. :(
do u guys remember when the french league was relevant?

me neither!

On one hand PSG is attracting many good players, but on the other you have Lloris, Loic Remy, Sakho, Debuchy, Gameiro and others looking for a way out. Hazard and Giroud left already.

Joe

Spent the past hour watching Palermo training vids and now I'm super amped for the season to start..... 5 weeks ughh

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Interesting, Lokomotiv look like they're willing to offer more than Spurs for Adebayor AND will pay his 175k wages. Let's hope he's okay with a move to Moscow.. ready to get this over with.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-Emmanuel-Adebayor-from-Lokomotiv-Moscow.html

I very much doubt it. He wants to stay in London and play with Bale and VDV, not go to Russia and have bananas thrown at him every week. Hopefully Levy stops dicking around and gets the deal done ASAP, we need him to come on tour with us.

pappe

I would laugh uncontrollably if this happened.

I wouldnt. If Spurs dont sign Ade, they will go for someone else and chances are that someone else will be better than Ade. Has Ade ever had a good game against a top 4 side? Except for THAT goal and celebration against Arsenal.

jtb

Banned
I wouldnt. If Spurs dont sign Ade, they will go for someone else and chances are that someone else will be better than Ade. Has Ade ever had a good game against a top 4 side? Except for THAT goal and celebration against Arsenal.

eh.... Adebayor's a good, borderline-great striker. He's like a shittier, less flashy Torres, imo; he needs a quality midfield behind him providing him with loads and loads of chances, and with Tottenham he'll get exactly that, just like he did with Arsenal. I'd be more worried that he seems to burn out on the second season; forced out in his second season at City, Mou didn't want him back (despite the fact that he'd likely be pretty cheap), and he had a pretty poor last season at Arsenal (and the fault for that is shared with many parties....).

I think the deal will go through, and it's really a bargain for Spurs whether its 5 or 6m :)lol Levy). More important for Spurs to strengthen that midfield, I think.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
I'm still failing to see why Newcastle want Carrol back, how would he even fit there anymore?

Fady K

Wow. PSG really got Ibra. Ibra, Lavezzi and Pastore would be an interesting mix to see.

That picture of David Luiz in a Rutger's uniform is hysterical.

True! I thought this was hysterical too!

375277_304105859630790_1645909193_n.jpg

love those Luiz pics Fady hahah
They are fantastic, he looks like a guy who really knows how lucky he is to have the job he does.

Luiz is so entertaining guys :) Tonight's our first friendly! 5AM in my time :[

Fady with the Luiz PR.

I need to ramp up my PR man! We could be the PR duo for Neogaf, and your bro can represent MUFC haha.

WHOOOOO A SIGNING!!!

AyBDeIfCQAACgdX.jpg:large

Curtis Anderson - Goalkeeper.

£15,000 o____O

I am desperate for signings :(:(

I'd like it if City start him at that age and shock the world :p Maybe their first Carling Cup game :p

|・ω・`)

will be pretty busy till september (*≧▽≦). tweets and neogaf posts will have a short break _〆(・∀・@) . but i'm coming back for sure! (*・∀・)/♡\(・∀・*)

Where you heading to bro?

I am too excited for the return of David Villa. Watching highlights on youtube

Thanks for sharing that vid. Do you think he'll be ready to start day one of the season?

This is amazing, tito vilanova is guardiola. Must see guys

ib1M0ZRjFhLGrG.gif

G-Unit, that is so awesome. Thanks for sharing. I hope he can emulate his success :0!

Snyder makes good movies though :(

His last two films were odd choices, especially Sucker Punch - I really, really was let down by it. 300 and Watchmen are greaaaaaaaaaaat. And I have a feeling Man of Steel will be good!

Oh bull fucking shit. Give credit where credit is due. The source material is great, he still had to compose the shots and direct the film ect ect

Thought it was great man! I actually liked the ending more in this one. Rorschach was EXCELLENT.

Carbonox

Northern Echo reporting that we could be looking at Demba Ba coming our way In a deal to sell Carroll back to Newcastle.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/9821616.Reds_interest_in_Ba_could_lead_to_Carroll_deal/

That's one ridiculous story that most certainly won't ever come to fruition. Ba wants to stay, the hierarchy wants to keep him. Since the start of the summer, the plan was always to have a third choice striker come in behind Ba and Cisse. It was never a case of Ba staying or leaving to make way for another striker. We NEED 4 strikers.

Liverpool can be cocky and try and suggest us throwing Ba in to the equation but they'll just get the middle finger.

Fucking media needs to drop Demba Ba from their worm-like conscience. I can't wait for this month to be over so that Ba couldn't even be sold unless a stupid offer comes in that's at least double his contract clause fee.

Sucker Punch was a load of shit. Went to an advance screening before it came out over here and I immediately regretted going when the film started :(

At least Synder said 300 was the gayest movie ever :lol

Labadal

If Carroll really leaves, I want Fernando Llorente, Edison Cavani or Stevan Jovetic. Anything else will be a big disappointment.

(I'm already dissapointed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom