• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm not happy about Oscar. It seems Uncle Roman is back to his old tricks of buying players just so no one else can have them

Front line is looking hilariously stacked. If Lukaku goes on loan they've got Torres and Sturridge up front, with Mata/Marin/Oscar/Hazard/De Bruyne to fill three spaces, so I assume it'll be Mata on the left, Hazard in the middle and Oscar on the right.

Ramires needs a partner in the middle though, don't think Lampard and Mikel are up to it and Romeu is very inexperienced.

Defence first team is fine but no cover will hurt them.

RvSEe.jpg

KillBillVol2.jpg

Shinji and Scholes. My internets is ready.

(I know, I know. Pai Mei would not approve of this particular apprentice's nationality.)

, so I assume it'll be Mata on the left

Nope. Nope. Nope. Mata is fantastic but he will never be a winger. Hazard will play out there without a doubt in my mind, his own favorite position might be the center role but he got all the qualities to play out wide and has played there most of his career.

Talon

Nope. Nope. Nope. Mata is fantastic but he will never be a winger. Hazard will play out there without a doubt in my mind, his own favorite position might be the center role but he got all the qualities to play out wide and has played there most of his career.
Didn't he explicitly say he was signing somewhere where he could play a 10?

Wilbur

Banned

Hazard said he wants to play in the centre, Roman will want to see him there and I don't see RDM being a strong enough personality to force his own tactics on the squad.

Didn't he explicitly say he was signing somewhere where he could play a 10?

I already said it back then (a thousand times) but the article was bullshit (and also claimed he demanded the #10 on his shirt). He said in his very first interview with Chelsea he would play wherever the manager would want him to. Stop believing the shit press that tried to make him look like the most shitty kid ever. What he was actually quoted for was that it was an honor playing as the #10 on the Belgian national team and he would want to keep playing there, it had nothing to do with Chelsea or his future club.

But a headline saying "I want to keep my #10 spot for the Belgian national team" doesn't sell quite as well as "Hazard demands #10 at future club!"

GQman2121

Banned
Front line is looking hilariously stacked. If Lukaku goes on loan they've got Torres and Sturridge up front, with Mata/Marin/Oscar/Hazard/De Bruyne to fill three spaces, so I assume it'll be Mata on the left, Hazard in the middle and Oscar on the right.

Ramires needs a partner in the middle though, don't think Lampard and Mikel are up to it and Romeu is very inexperienced.

Defence first team is fine but no cover will hurt them.

I would agree with that for the most part. I'm not sure how serious the Lukaku to Fulham talks are either, but I think we'll sign a forward and RB before the window closes.

First preseason game is tonight in Seattle at 02:00 GMT.

I already said it back then but the article was bullshit (and also claimed he demanded the #10 on his shirt). He said in his very first interview with Chelsea he would play wherever the manager would want him to. Stop believing the shit press that tried to make him look like the most shitty kid ever. What he was actually quoted for was that it was an honor playing as the #10 on the Belgian national team and he would want to keep playing there, it had nothing to do with Chelsea or his future club.
I think we've already covered this topic a few times between us haven't we Wooden?

I think we've already covered this topic a few times between us haven't we Wooden?

But they keep saying it.

iMBU6BlHDrRir.gif

I would agree with that for the most part. I'm not sure how serious the Lukaku to Fulham talks are either, but I think we'll sign a forward and RB before the window closes.

First preseason game is tonight in Seattle at 02:00 GMT.

Going to try and find a stream for it. Hopefully will get to see a lot of new faces.

Lightning

Banned
Fun times to be a Chelsea fan....

Too bad I'm not a Chelsea fan so I could enjoy their signings at bringing such talent to the premier league....

Not sure if these quotes have been posted but just seen them.

Sao Paulo chief Marco Aurelio Cunha has called on Manchester United to up their bid for Lucas Moura.

Cunha confirmed to TMW that United have offered €35 million for the midfielder and hints they're the only club currently in negotiations.

"Manchester United have made a very important proposal, exactly equal to €35 million. They should offer a few more. For me, there is only Lucas after Neymar and we do not want to sell.

"Why should we deprive ourselves? We do not need the money - the Brazilian economy is fine, the tv pay us and we cannot complain.

"Better to have a great player than cash in the bank."

K1LLER7

Admittedly I haven't seen this guy play heaps but I have seen him and I'm not sure he's worth this kind of money. It seems a ridiculously high amount of money for just 1 player.

yeah, Fergie must see alot in him to be offering so much money. He is only 19 and it could be a big gamble if the move happens.

Tc91

Who would you even get printed on the PSG shirt if you was going to get someone?

Ibra, Thiago Silva, Lavezzi, Pastore. Alot of choices.

Who would you even get printed on the PSG shirt if you was going to get someone?

I'd honestly want someone who was there before the money started flowing. Same as people who got Aguero on their City shirts. I'd have gone for Richards or someone underappreciated like Zabaleta or Kompany (at the time)

dc89

No argument there. Might have to pick me up an Ibra one....lulz

Lavezzi!

I'd honestly want someone who was there before the money started flowing. Same as people who got Aguero on their City shirts. I'd have gone for Richards or someone underappreciated like Zabaleta or Kompany (at the time)

:O My last 3 City shirts have been Tevez, Silva & Aguero, in that order. Man I'm a whore.

I want a Kompany shirt this season though. I mean, I'm hardly going to get Boyata.

6'2" and 11st 3lbs. Which since people were talking about BMI's earlier, puts me on the lower end of healthy. Think, not quite Peter Crouch levels of skinny, but getting there (also known as gross).

dc89

For the record, I'm like 5' 10/11" and around 12 st 6lbs (last time I weighed myself). I was tipping 13st just after easter but I just ate healthy for a few weeks and ran some more at football and the weight just dropped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom