• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know whats worse? I know there is an 8th season on 24. Making it 8 days. I know someday I will watch it. even though its been years since I watched 24.
I've never seen 24 nor do I really care about those types of series, but what I see in your list that needs to be fixed asap is Sherlock.

Messi

Not sure. I can't remember a team having anything other than white.

Black for some kits
Red for blackburn
blue for city

I've never seen 24 nor do I really care about those types of series, but what I see in your list that needs to be fixed asap is Sherlock.

I know I know, I watched the first ep a month or so ago. But episodes are so long. I have such a short attention span.

Fulham did have gold.

Stoke+City+v+Fulham+Premier+League+yxLZ8u6rR8rl.jpg

I remember that one good run he made where he beat a player or two. Apart from that he hasn't really impressed - not that he's been given that much time to though.

He's improved during his time at Chelsea already. He was more limited than that at Anderlecht even though he was top striker in the Belgian league (doesn't mean anything, he mostly scored easy enough goals). He's faster nowadays but let's be honest, Chelsea got tricked into buying him by his agent. "Tall, strong black kid who can score = future Drogba" certainly was the reasoning, over €20m for him is ridiculous though.

Still hope he'll become half decent after a couple seasons on loan, if he eventually gets a career like Heskey, it would be a great achievement already.

Messi

I see your point, but that's why you have to approach it more like a film than a TV-show

The first episode was facinating. I started out hating the man playing Sherlock and ended the episode loving him. He is quite fantastic. But as you said, I felt like I had watched a movie and it was enough for the time being. Now everyone around me who has watched it is gushing over the rest of it. I will watch it, rest assured. I just doubt it will top Luther for me (note, I reallllly love luther)

The first episode was facinating. I started out hating the man playing Sherlock and ended the episode loving him. He is quite fantastic. But as you said, I felt like I had watched a movie and it was enough for the time being. Now everyone around me who has watched it is gushing over the rest of it. I will watch it, rest assured. I just doubt it will top Luther for me (note, I reallllly love luther)
I dove from Luther straight into Sherlock. Both are excellent shows, can't really tell which I like better. But yeah with Sherlock you really need to take your time since you won't be having marathons and all that jazz.

Is Benayoun meant to be staying with us this season? Can not see him getting that many games.

Edit : Thought he had fucked that up! Lukaku is doing better than expected.

Messi

I dove from Luther straight into Sherlock. Both are excellent shows, can't really tell which I like better. But yeah with Sherlock you really need to take your time since you won't be having marathons and all that jazz.

I was looking for the gif of luther putting the phone down and seen this. I was kind of struck by how beautiful it was. Man I wish they released luther on Blu. It makes no sense why they didnt when sherlock is on blu.

tumblr_m6ky6ruxr31r0yrfno1_500.gif

Messi

Ah yes, the first moment in that game when I was able to sit back and relax.

I think we need to stop talking about this. I am getting upset just thinking about it. I wanted to cry in the bar :(

One of the hardest things to do last year was to come on here. While in the middle of a bar that was celebrating the chelsea win, and to congratulate the loyal Chelsea fans here who didn't give up hope and would not accept statistics and likelyhoods. It hurt. But had to be done. I posted one message and could not come back into the thread for a few days.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Last few pages ive only been reading your posts,(how did Isco play btw?) lol. Rest is talk about Kagawa playing 2 minutes(MOTM for me btw)
All the Spanish players looked great; very mobile and sweet pinpoint accuracy. It's the difference between prospects (Mexico) and real top league players.

Wish I could tell you more about Isco, but I hardly know many players from Spain's Olympic side.

xintin

Chelsea TV pundit already talking about Oscar fighting for a place in the team at halftime. And now De Bruyne is on, let's see if he can get a debut goal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom