• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

For once London actually looks like that. Well this morning anyhow.

tumblr_m6ky6ruxr31r0yrfno1_500.gif

Such an awesome GIF

dc89

Man, the Community Shield game is going to be a thriller.

Planets will collapse.

I want to win it this time! No more going 2-0 up and losing.

Better not have been spoiled about TDKR in that bumper sticker thread.

I'd just stay in here. No where else is safe. NO WHERE.

I don't even support Chelsea yet here I am.

It's getting light outside. Guess I'm pulling an all-nighter then.

I can't pull all-nighters. I just get too sleepy.

I would but I am playing 5-a-side tomorrow....and my kits have not arrived! :/

Happy Piazon is getting a game. Hope to see him this season break into the first team.

What have you ordered?

I <3 AVB. I wanted him to succeed at Chelsea, I hope he does at Spurs. He's got a point to prove now and I think he will prove it.

iblF1uiPfPZ9QB.gif

Barcode kit teams? You guys want him? 10 mil bros...

Too good to just sit in the stand and turn up at training.

Such an awesome GIF

Dat Avatar.

jtb

Banned
goddamnit, had to work through the Chelsea friendly and give my ticket to a friend :( Sounds like it was a decent time (well, for a friendly anyways)... Chelsea's squad is already so fucking good and it's only getting more impressive. Can't see the league being another two horse race next season

Got back from the Sounders-Chelsea game. The stadium wasn't as full as I remember from last year, when Man U were in town. The 1st half was great with 6 goals & the mini-comeback from the Sounders, but the 2nd half was a ZZZzzz fest after 60 minutes when Hazard et al were subbed off. It was the opposite of last year when it was 1-0 at half time and then 7-0 at full time.

Fat frank was busting out his no-look passes for the rest of the game though. Thank god the Sounders changed the goalie at half time, we were getting destroyed with the other guy in net in the first half.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, that's what I thought too. So ... Damiao to Juve all but confirmed?
I'd be a FUCKING GREAT sports journalist.

That's certainly TuttoSport-esque :p

Melo and Iaquinta are the last two players left from the Secco-era. It's amazing how one or two bad transfer markets can fuck your team for years.

dc89

Looking for 'IRONY' on google images, I found this:

http://i.imgur.com/Szonf.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

o__O

I don't think Spurs are actually going to get Adebayor. I mean, is he even a player AVB wants? Just because he was there last season doesn't mean it's a given. Plus, it seems to be stalling.

I can see him going to Malaga.

jtb

Banned
o__O

I don't think Spurs are actually going to get Adebayor. I mean, is he even a player AVB wants? Just because he was there last season doesn't mean it's a given. Plus, it seems to be stalling.

Beggars can't be choosers! when it comes to top strikers, they won't come much cheaper than Adebayor so AVB can complain about it later.

and I heard Malaga's owner isn't paying off their debts or something so they're in huge shit? Might even offload Carzola this window (come to Arsenal plzzzz)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
o__O

AVB has already said he wants Ade. Levy is just trying to make City sweat and get him as cheaply as possible.

elseanio

Had a power cut last night, still off now! Coming up to 12 hours. Currently transporting a full chestfreezer of food to my Grandads crappy little freezer.

Arnie

Had a power cut last night, still off now! Coming up to 12 hours. Currently transporting a full chestfreezer of food to my Grandads crappy little freezer.
Decided to just get all my tickets tomorrow, can't be fucked with any of these Cat C matches. New queue system is fantastic though.

FootballFan

I wish drogba still played top flight football. Such a shame he felt a need to go to China.

Cant blame him, it was his life long dream, ever since he was a child growing up in Ivory Coast, he dreamed to 1 day join Shanghai Shenua.

All the Spanish players looked great; very mobile and sweet pinpoint accuracy. It's the difference between prospects (Mexico) and real top league players.

Wish I could tell you more about Isco, but I hardly know many players from Spain's Olympic side.

All good man, scary to think Spain is good in every age group lol.

jtb

Banned
Cant blame him, it was his life long dream, ever since he was a child growing up in Ivory Coast, he dreamed to 1 day join Shanghai Shenua.

eh you're being a bit harsh on Drogba I think. Most, if not all, of that money goes to his charities and Drogba's done a lot of great work, humanitarian and political, in Ivory Coast. He's proven himself on the biggest stage (minus a few missed penalties in the ACON) with his Champions League redemption, now he can focus on other things. Now Ibra on the other hand... that choker's still got a lot to prove!!

also that Swansea shirt looks great. I can't tell if that font is Helvetica, but I think it is. Helvetica + White = class; whether it's for Swansea or Real Madrid. Barcelona and their ugly gradient and whatever font the Qatar foundation uses need to get with the times and step up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
De Ceglie also responded to a question regarding why his ‘relationship’ with Demi Moore broke down.

“It just wasn’t working out,” joked the Ashton Kutcher look-a-like. “She lived too far away so we decided to call it a day…”

Ahaha <3 PDC.

http://www.corrieredellosport.it/edicola/prima_pagina_m.jpg[IMG]

Apparently Milan had a meeting with Damiao's agent, they're on RVP and Matri. Haha, trolling hard.[/QUOTE]

What, they don't want Quag too?

Messi

eh you're being a bit harsh on Drogba I think. Most, if not all, of that money goes to his charities and Drogba's done a lot of great work, humanitarian and political, in Ivory Coast. He's proven himself on the biggest stage (minus a few missed penalties in the ACON) with his Champions League redemption, now he can focus on other things. Now Ibra on the other hand... that choker's still got a lot to prove!!

also that Swansea shirt looks great. I can't tell if that font is Helvetica, but I think it is. Helvetica + White = class; whether it's for Swansea or Real Madrid. Barcelona and their ugly gradient and whatever font the Qatar foundation uses need to get with the times and step up.

Check out Barca's kit in person. Its really nice.

I will never have a bad word to say about Drogba. For all the diving and faking injurys he has more than made up for it with his work with charities and all the political work he has done in his country. He does not seem like a man who is driven by his money. His money seems to allow him to do great things for the world. I think the reason he went to china was Anelka. I assume he wanted to go back to his friend. In his ledger his good FAR out weighs his bad in my opinion.

Edit:

Dawwwwwww

7ZQdL.jpg

Barca's away kit sucks the most. It sucks more than United's home, Liverpool's wet suit, and Liverpool's tribal kit.

Barca's home is growing on me though.

Messi

I wonder if I buy tickets for this barca game near the special seating area where injured players usually sit when they have to attend the game, would that raise my chances of getting villa to sign a jersey for me. hmmm.

Bwaha, saw the Chelsea player fish throwing at pike place, shit is nasty.

Posted?

Swedish broadcaster SVT prised a sweary interview out of Zlatan Ibrahimovic&#8217;s agent Mino Raiola on Wednesday.

Following Zlatan&#8217;s move from AC Milan to PSG, many cynics criticised the quality of Ligue 1 compared to Serie A whilst at the same time labelling Ibra as a money-grabber who has only moved to Paris for a giant pay-day.

Noticeably, however, few questions were directly asked at Zlatan&#8217;s press conference in such a negative tone, but when SVT got the opportunity to speak to Zlatan&#8217;s agent they immediately quizzed him with the trickier questions.

Swedish reporter: What do you say to people in Sweden that think that Zlatan Ibrahimovic has moved to a league which isn&#8217;t as good as the Italian?

Mino Raiola: Something like &#8216;go fuck yourself!&#8217;, or something in that attitude. These people always have something to complain about.

:lol

Hixx

Colback left back, Richardson left wing. Our squad is so fucking small :/

Nice to see Meyler get a game though, reckon this will be his make or break season.

He's, er, has 2 "break" seasons so far
LLShC.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I keep seeing mention of United chasing RVP. How true is this?

I'm sure all the big clubs are interested. United have Rooney, Welbeck (whose contract expires in a year) and Hernandez (who has looked dogshit for 12 months) up front. RVP would be an upgrade on two of the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom