• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Shola Ameobi welcoming further strikers to be bought for Newcastle. The guy is such a fucking pro, even though he's only ever hit double figures in a campaign twice, and has a 1 in 5 goal ratio. He is the Slayer of Sunderland and Exterminator of Europe though, so he'll probably retire with us. Prepping for his 13th season with us too!

flippedb

Banned
Reports in Italy link Mr. RvP with Milan. €15 million and €6 million per year, they also report Dzeko is really close to be signed

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Shola Ameobi welcoming further strikers to be bought for Newcastle. The guy is such a fucking pro, even though he's only ever hit double figures in a campaign twice, and has a 1 in 5 goal ratio. He is the Slayer of Sunderland and Exterminator of Europe though, so he'll probably retire with us. Prepping for his 13th season with us too!

That equalizer he scored in the Newcastle-Spurs game last season was pure class. As a squad player he's worth having around, on his day he can cause problems.

Kyoufu

420699_280859805317213_132254886844373_632774_1773477776_n.jpg

Legend.

That equalizer he scored in the Newcastle-Spurs game last season was pure class. As a squad player he's worth having around, on his day he can cause problems.

Ba scored the goal, unless you mean the season before that, in which case I don't know :(

Ushojax

Yeah it was 2-2 and Ameobi scored the equaliser.

I remember how angry I was because we had to take King off after half an hour and it cost us a goal. At that time he was still playing well and wouldn't have allowed the shambles that led to the equalizer. Fucking Bassong.

3Sixty

0,,10280~11054663,00.jpg

Also.

Sky Sports understands that Southampton have made a move for Dutch international forward Jeremain Lens.

Dutch sources have revealed to Sky Sports that the newly-promoted Premier League outfit have made an audacious attempt to land the PSV star.

iconsex-poundit.gif

Are these predictions going in to the 2012/2013 OT?

If so:

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

FA Cup: Manchester City

Carling Cup: Manchester United

Champions League: Bayern Munich

dc89

I remember last season at one point my PL prediction was going to come good, good as in spot on in regards to the top 6 or so. I got the bottom half horribly wrong though.

But then a few things happened.

In the new thread, I will make my predictions.

dc89

Squirtle says he's received offers from other clubs and hasn't ruled out a move away from Liverpool, but he did say he respects his contract with Liverpool.

City are interested and have been for a while. I think it will come off.

I also think the Adebayor deal is delayed because Modric is coming the other way.

Believe

I really fancy our chances this year. Obviously it's hard to tell when you're playing with a lot of young players and against an MLS side, so the PSG and Milan games should be a better indicator of what's to come.

Anyway, last night I thought Hazard and Marin both looked really well. I was always of the opinion last season that virtually everything Torres got he had to work for himself. With Mata, Marin and Hazard all sitting behind him he'll have plenty to feed off. Which is nice since they themselves are no slouches. Maybe we could still yet get Hulk.

Lukaku looked well last night too, so him and Sturridge are more options going forward.

pappe

My ideal Top 4

United.
Spurs
Arsenal
Newcastle.

What will happen

Chelsea
City
United
Spurs.

Top scorer: Roooooooonnneeeyyyyy!!!!

Best New Signing: Kagawa.

operon

Pat Scully’s Limerick FC will take on English Premier League champions Manchester City at Thomond Park in August.

City boss Roberto Mancini will take a full strength squad, set to feature Mario Balotelli, David Silva, Samir Nasri and Joe Hart, to take on the Airtricity League First Division side in what is set to be a sellout crowd at the Limerick venue.

The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) sanctioned the fixture in a legally binding agreement that allows Limerick to entertain big name clubs over the next ten years.

The upcoming glamour fixture was announced at a press conference in Thomond Park this afternoon, where Limerick FC chairman Pat O’Sullivan confirmed that the full City squad would travel for the clash on 5 August.

All profits from the fixture will go back into Limerick FC’s football project in the city
soure: RTE news nice for city fans in Ireland

Kyoufu

Can you guys predict mid-table/relegation battle for Newcastle again please? It's more fun when we exceed expectations rather than falling short of them.

Ushojax

I also think the Adebayor deal is delayed because Modric is coming the other way.

Believe

ivpxRGE4poeVg.gif

The Adebayor deal is dragging because Levy is a stingy shite and Ade wants to keep his wage as high as possible. It will happen, there is no other option for the player.

Modric will not play for another PL club next season.

Mastadon

Banned
Are these predictions going in to the 2012/2013 OT?

If so:

1. Manchester United
2. Manchester City
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal

FA Cup: Manchester City

Carling Cup: Manchester United

Champions League: Bayern Munich

Oh if these are serious predictions then:

1. Man Utd
2. Man City
3. Spurs
4. Chelsea
5. Liverpool

Carling Cup - Newcastle
FA Cup - Arsenal
Champions League - Juventus.

1 - City
2 - United
3 - Chelsea
4 - Spurs
5 - Arsenal
6 - Liverpool
7 - Everton
8 - Newcastle
9 - Villa
10 - Sunderland
18 - Southampton
19 - Reading
20 - Norwich

Fancy Madrid for the CL again, thought they'd get it last year and they were close. No idea about the cups, hard to say. Elsewhere in Europe I'm going for...

Germany - Dortmund
Italy - Juve
Spain - Real Madrid

I guess you expect PSG to win the league in France. I don't know enough about Dutch or Portuguese football but I guess Porto are the best side in Portugal and Ajax should only get better if they can hold to enough of their players.

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff
Official: United have agreed a partnership with APLUS Co., Ltd., a company of the Shinsei Bank Group, to launch new credit cards in Japan.

Was only a matter of time.

Labadal

1. City
2. United
3. Chelsea
4. Spurs
5. Arsenal
6. Liverpool
7. Newcastle

FA Cup: Chelsea
League Cup: Spurs

Spain: Madrid