• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Oh wow someone is streaming our game
3AQmK.gif

Our new strip looks alright on camera.

Hixx

Lukaku and Hazard looking good in the seattle game, Hazard goal came from him running on the left wing. ;)

Now just need super Josh to learn not to give the ball away right outside the box.

Probably the streams quality

Decent stream so no. Looks a bit... old fashioned.

edit: we're just kicking the shit out of them. Aaaah, pre-season.

Hixx

Cattermole thinks hes fucking Pirlo today

20 mins in, didn't even know Gardner was playing till he fucking spannered something.

ElyrionX

I'm sure all the big clubs are interested. United have Rooney, Welbeck (whose contract expires in a year) and Hernandez (who has looked dogshit for 12 months) up front. RVP would be an upgrade on two of the three.

I didn't know Welbeck's contract expires in a year. Is this going to be an issue?

And yeah, Hernandez didn't have a good season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Ledley :((((((

Good night sweet prince, if you had knees you would have been the best in the world (though you probably would have gone to Real Madrid).

350662-big_boss_salute_super.jpg

dat tackle

Hixx

he did there

you know the episode of Family Guy where the baby plays the trombone when a fat bloke is walking, its like that in my head when I see Bramble "running".

It's still good to go back and read the Champions League final thread as it developed. Same for the posts during the Barcelona vs Chelsea second leg.

Good for a laugh.

fuenf

bla bla Robben

He's a changed man and finally believes in the squad.

But come on it's preseason, the one time of the year we are allowed to dream! I want to believe that this year everything will come together, that we'll finally manage a draw against Dortmund (u know i'm not crazy). I dream of Bayern winning every game, i hope that Dortmund and Schalke will destroy each other, i want to see Magath breaking his own record and buy his 47th player of the transfer period. I want to see Werder Bremen score 5 goals only to concede 6 and lose.

I want to see Kagawa owning the PL and i hope that City and Chelsea get relegated. I want AVB to win coach of the year and i want to watch Podolski's first press conference (after scoring a winner) at Arsenal.

Gambit

Im starting to believe again!

despite everything, so am I!

Hopefully we'll get to beat Chelsea in their hometown this year.

He's a changed man and finally believes in the squad.

But come on it's preseason, the one time of the year we are allowed to dream! I want to believe that this year everything will come together, that we'll finally manage a draw against Dortmund (u know i'm not crazy). I dream of Bayern winning every game, i hope that Dortmund and Schalke will destroy each other, i want to see Magath breaking his own record and buy his 47th player of the transfer period. I want to see Werder Bremen score 5 goals only to concede 6 and lose.

I want to see Kagawa owning the PL and i hope that City and Chelsea get relegated. I want AVB to win coach of the year and i want to watch Podolski's first press conference (after scoring a winner) at Arsenal.

Holy moley, you dream big. While we're at it, I want Valencia to win ahead of Barca and Real. Just for the giggles

PS: I actually also believe Robben has changed.

Moobabe

Excellent. :D

To be honest I knew Chelsea were going to win. That prophecy of JT lifting the cup was just inevitable.

I want to see some big Newcastle success this year though - here's my ideal top 4 and bottom 3...

Chelsea
Arsenal
Newcastle
Man Utd

Liverpool
Villa
QPR

What a glorious year it would be

fuenf

PS: I actually also believe Robben has changed.

Yup, i couldnt believe it myself but he's saying all the right words and seems to love Sammer. I think he finally buys into the Bayern-family.

My ideal PL Top 4: ;)

ManU
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs

Kyoufu

I want to see some big Newcastle success this year though - here's my ideal top 4 and bottom 3...

Chelsea
Arsenal
Newcastle
Man Utd

Liverpool
Villa
QPR

What a glorious year it would be

I think the highest we'll get is 5th at the very best. Tottenham have made very key signings with the added rumour of AVB snatching Hulk.

I see it being

Chelsea
Man City
Man Utd
Tottenham

Unless AVB fails again.

Hazard is going to run circles round the league.

Carbonox

1. Chelsea
2. Arsenal
3. Man City
4. Newcastle

Not even sure about my bottom 3 other than I want Joey Barton not to be in the Premier League anymore!

I may despise Tottenham but in reality, I'd have QPR as my third relegation choice. Them, West Ham and Reading have no place in the Premier League.

I think Newcastle will finish in the top 6 again. I'm not scared of Liverpool just yet, though the return of Lucas, Aquilani (who can still deliver), Joe Cole (ditto), and the inclusion of Borini and probably Dempsey will give them a HUGE boost.

Whereas we'll have Taylor back and Debuchy replacing Simpson. If we keep the rest of the team in place, we'll do extremely well I think. Top 6 would be a nice target. We would have finished in the top 4 had we not had a defensive crisis earlier last season. With Taylor returning, Douglas joining for cover, Debuchy at RB, we'll be way more solid in defence than ever before IMO. We nail that, we could even nail a top 4 position.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
For me the ideal is:

1. Spurs
2. Arsenal (to beat them to a title would be amazing)
3. Newcastle
4. United

18. West Ham
19. Chelsea
20. QPR

I think the actual top 4 will be:

City
United
Spurs
Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.