• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabojnik

Roma
Inter
Milan
Juve
Udinese
Lazio
Pescara
Pescara
Pescara

CL it's either Barca or Real, don't know how anyone could think otherwise. PSG in France, BADSTUBAAAAHHHH in Germany, Spurs in the PL.

qindarka

Banned
Roma
Inter
Milan
Juve
Udinese
Lazio
Pescara
Pescara
Pescara

CL it's either Barca or Real, don't know how anyone could think otherwise. PSG in France, BADSTUBAAAAHHHH in Germany, Spurs in the PL.

Well, neither of them even reached the final this year so I don't see anything wrong in predicting otherwise.
I do personally think one of them will win, though.

And I think many of us are writing Arsenal off a little too quickly. They have qualified for the CL many times in succession, even last season after the start they had..

qindarka

Banned
That's exactly why. And you think so too. :p

I don't get that reasoning. Shouldn't the fact that they weren't good enough to make the final last season harm their chances this season?
I do still tip one of them to win it as I do consider them to be two of the best teams in the world, not because they lost in the semis.

LegoArmo

Well, Real Madrid only lost on penalties. Barcelona got thrashed by Chelsea.

Real Madrid vs. Manchester United at Wembley is the final.

Zabojnik

I don't get that reasoning. Shouldn't the fact that they weren't good enough to make the final last season harm their chances this season?
I do still tip one of them to win it as I do consider them to be two of the best teams in the world, not because they lost in the semis.

Of course. But that is if you follow logic and precedent. Which you shouldn't do, haha. I think at least Real will get to the final by sheer maniacal determinaton, if by nothing else.

Of course. But that is if you follow logic and precedent. Which you shouldn't do, haha. I think at least Real will get to the final by sheer maniacal determinaton, if by nothing else.

I think Real will not have as much competition from Barca and the rest of the league this season and therefore they'll not be firing on all cylinders as much as last season.

operon

My amatuerish predictions
EPL
1. Manchester City
2. Manchester United
3. Chelsea
4. Tottenham Spurs
5. Liverpool FC
6. Arsenal

French league
1. PSG

Champions League Winner
Real Madrid

Europa League
Liverpool FC

Wes

venison crêpe
Shame to hear about Ledley King. Wonder how his career would have gone without his incessant injury problems.

rififi

I think Real will not have as much competition from Barca and the rest of the league this season and therefore they'll not be firing on all cylinders as much as last season.

I'm not so sure. While we don't really know how good Tito is as a manager, he has a lot to prove, so he will definitely be looking to win every title he can get. Although he is a "new" manager, he knows all the players, how well they work together, etc. Plus, Villa is back and Jordi Alba will be taking over for Abidal.

For the rest of the league, the competition will probably be the same as last year. Valencia and Atletico may be stronger, but not strong enough to make a difference to the top 2. Athletic also have to compete in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League - however, if they don't make it through the qualifying rounds, they will probably be a more difficult side to play in La Liga.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
We got... trashed by Chelsea? lulz

Chelsea is gonna struggle to make 4th this season in the premier, and Di Matteo is going to get sacked before the season ends.

Wes

venison crêpe
Haven't changed my predictions.

Man City
Man United
Chelsea
Arsenal
----------
Spurs
Liverpool
Newcastle
Everton
Stoke
Aston Villa
Sunderland
Fulham
Southampton
West Ham
Swansea
West Brom
QPR
----------
Wigan
Reading
Norwich

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
the downtime is becoming a joke

Anyway Spurs are now an official partner of EA Sports. At last Assou-Ekotto's glorious visage will be present in FIFA 13.

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck it, gonna do it. Subject to change.

1. Man City
2. Man United
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
----------
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Newcastle
9. Fulham
10. Aston Villa
11. Sunderland
12. QPR
13. West Ham
14. Stoke
15. Swansea
16. Reading
17. Southampton
----------
18.Norwich
19. Wigan
20. West Brom

FA Cup - Tottenham
Carling Cup - Man. United
Champions League - Real Madrid
Europa League - Man. City

Serie A

1. Juventus
2. Inter
3. Roma
4. Milan

La Liga

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Atletico
4. Valencia

Bundesliga

1. Dortmund
2. Bayern
3. Schalke
4. Bremen

Ligue One

1. PSG
2. Lille
3. Lyon
4. Montpelier

Championship

1. Wolves
2. Leicester
3. Leeds
4. Blackburn
5. Charlton
6. Leeds

Portuguese Liga

1. Porto
2. Benfica
3. Sporting
4. Braga

Eredivisie

1. Ajax
2. Twente
3. Feyenoord
4. AZ

Az

I wrote up a long ass prediction post with all the big leagues in Europe... Clicked post, forum went down. Fuuuuu

fuenf

BvMfl.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Everyone is tipping us for the title, this is dangerous.
iMJuDKEpQPXAP.png

All I want is for Pescara to get relegated and/or go bankrupt.

Really sad about Ledley, one of my favourite English players.

Ledley-King.jpg

Bumhead

Banned
Championship

1. Wolves
2. Leicester
3. Leeds
4. Blackburn
5. Charlton
6. Leeds

Charlton? I hear they have some off the field issues and they don't have the signing power they had last summer. Infact I believe they're yet to make a signing this summer? If any of the 3 promoted sides are to do well in The Championship on the back of momentum I'd bet Huddersfield at this point.

Wilbur

Banned
Charlton? I hear they have some off the field issues and they don't have the signing power they had last summer. Infact I believe they're yet to make a signing this summer? If any of the 3 promoted sides are to do well in The Championship on the back of momentum I'd bet Huddersfield at this point.

Hadn't heard of the off field issues, just guess work really. Always thought they had a strong infrastructure, a good young manager, plus I have a soft spot for Charlton. The Championship's a crap shoot though, such a competitive league.

Timurid

WOOT Torino just beat Sappada 17-0!!! It wasn't really an even match to begin with, but its cool to see your team play like that. I'm excited for this season finally back in the Serie A. Hopefully we will finish at mid table this season anything higher than 11 and I'll be very happy.
I'm just hoping ogbonna doesnt get pick up by ac shit. Alot you guys are underestimating arsenal again. Arsenal always made it to the top 4 and last season we finished 3rd after 3 star players left. I dont see RVP leaving this summer because if he wanted to leave he would of left by now. Plus, we can still have a one or two new signings.
my prediction for the epl
City
Utd (if utd get a quality CM this summer than i would move them to first)
arsenal
chelsea
liverpool
spurs
newcastle

Wilbur

Banned
WOOT Torino just beat Sappada 17-0!!! It wasn't really an even match to begin with, but its cool to see your team play like that. I'm excited for this season finally back in the Serie A. Hopefully we finished at mid table this season. Anything higher than 11 and I'll be very happy.
I'm just hoping ogbonna doesnt get pick up by ac shit. Alot you guys are underestimating arsenal again. Arsenal always made it to the top 4 and last season we finished 3rd after 3 star players left. I dont see RVP leaving this summer because he wanted to leave he would of left by now. Plus, we can still have a one or two new signings.
my prediction for the epl
City
Utd (if utd get a quality CM this summer than i would move them to first)
arsenal
chelsea
liverpool
spurs
newcastle

17-0? Fuck me. I always used to be Torino on like FM2005 because I liked their kit. What does it look like this year?

I'm loathe to rule out Arsenal because they always make it to fourth, but I hope Rodgers and AVB aren't written off as failures if they only finish 5th and 6th for a while.

dc89

600px-Suisse_vs_Argentine_-_Sergio_Ag%C3%BCero.jpg

I LOVE that shirt.

Any one know where I can buy it with Aguero printing. Soccer Triads don't do it. Don't mind paying proper money for one either.

HELP MESSSI!

---

Breaking News:

Fantasy Premier League is back!!!

Zabojnik

WOOT Torino just beat Sappada 17-0!!! It wasn't really an even match to begin with, but its cool to see your team play like that. I'm excited for this season finally back in the Serie A. Hopefully we will finish at mid table this season anything higher than 11 and I'll be very happy.

What's your story Timurid? How come you're a Torino and Arsenal fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom