• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

YAlZp.jpg

I would be ecstatic with a top 10 finish. I think 12th is a good expectation.

I prefer to have huge expectations and then spend the rest of the year weathering them.

My predictions:

1. Manchester City
2. Chelsea
3. Tottenham Hotspur
4. Manchester United
5. Arsenal
6. Newcastle
7. Liverpool
8. Everton
9. Aston Villa
10. Sunderland
11. Fulham
12. Swansea
13. Queens Park Rangers
14. Stoke City
15. Reading
16. West Ham United
17. Southampton
18. Wigan Athletic
19. Norwich City
20. West Bromich Albion

La Liga: Real Madrid
Bundesliga: Borussia Dortmund
Serie A: Juventus
Ligue 1: Paris Saint-Germain

Champions League
: Borussia Dortmund
Europa League: Manchester City :p

I don't expect much to change amongst the top I guess.

Joe

"Arevalo Rios, flying to London, where it should perform a medical and sign a contract with Palermo"

"The latest bureaucratic problems have been resolved and the agreement has been reached the final. And 'this indiscreet affair Dybala-linked Palermo reported in advance by Mediagol.it. Tomorrow the long-awaited signing of young striker, considered one of the greatest talents of the South American football."

Timurid

What's your story Timurid? How come you're a Torino and Arsenal fan?
My grandfather was born in Lucca, but moved to torino. My dad was born in paris and was a arsenal fan. I grew up liking both clubs. My mexican side, my mother is from Torreón so i support santos laguna. Screw spain and germany! :p

So many people expecting Arsenal to drop out of the top 4 :(

I really think Chelsea and Spurs strengthened themselves to the point where they can both make it in, and as much as I want to, I can't leave the Manchester duo out of the top. I do think the top five are going to be contested through May.

rodvik

I want to see some big Newcastle success this year though - here's my ideal top 4 and bottom 3...

Chelsea
Arsenal
Newcastle
Man Utd

Liverpool
Villa
QPR

What a glorious year it would be

What did Aston Villa do to you?

We did this to them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBSjhS0_XlA

I really dont blame Newcastle fans for stinging a bit from it :)

Oh and if you ever wondered why Shearer isnt exactly keen on Villa during his punditry skip to 2:40 ish dont think he has forgotten that :)

Salvadora

I really think Chelsea and Spurs strengthened themselves to the point where they can both make it in, and as much as I want to, I can't leave the Manchester duo out of the top. I do think the top five are going to be contested through May.

I definitely agree that Chelsea/Spurs are strengthening to a worrying degree but I'm hoping their new managers hold them back.

rodvik

Moobabe is a Chelsea fan though. We don't hate Aston Villa :p

Well then he probably hates us for the shit football we played last season. Which is fair.

Yeah I dont have any issues with Newcastle either. I think you guys got more than enough revenge with that 6-0 spanking you gave us :)

Wilbur

Banned
Gonna set up the fantasy league now guys, we get to pick 15 players; gonna set myself the challenge of only picking one player from each team.

dc89

Gonna set up the fantasy league now guys, we get to pick 15 players; gonna set myself the challenge of only picking one player from each team.

I'm doing what I did last year.

Remaining free of United players and seeing how well I can do.

rodvik

Oh and predictions. Fuck knows. Mine were terrible last season, the only thing I got right was City winning it. Everything else was in the wrong galaxy.

I do think it will be a wide open relegation fight this season as the top six peel away with big spending. Which is worrying for clubs like Villa.

Zabojnik

My grandfather was born in Lucca, but moved to torino. My dad was born in paris and was a arsenal fan. I grew up liking both clubs. My mexican side, my mother is from Torreón so i support santos laguna. Screw spain and germany! :p

Haha, that's pretty crazy. Respect!

torino-home-kappa-2012-13-595x515.jpg

We did this to them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBSjhS0_XlA

I really dont blame Newcastle fans for stinging a bit from it :)

Oh and if you ever wondered why Shearer isnt exactly keen on Villa during his punditry skip to 2:40 ish dont think he has forgotten that :)

Moobabe is a Chelsea fan though. We don't hate Aston Villa :p

Well then he probably hates us for the shit football we played last season. Which is fair.

Yeah I dont have any issues with Newcastle either. I think you guys got more than enough revenge with that 6-0 spanking you gave us :)

Us playing shit football last season is no reason to hate on us for this season. We got rid of the person who had us playing so dire. Plus, our two friendlies we have played so far have been a complete opposite of that. That would be a silly reason to want us to go down.

jtb

Banned
fuck the haters, Arsenal will compete for the title this year and collapse in March...but that's still better than the abysmal start we had this season. 2nd or 3rd is definitely within reach. Especially if RVP leaves. Can see Spurs or Chelsea (or Arsenal) missing out on 4th by a point or two, no 20 point drop off from the top 2 this time around.

Manchester United
City
Arsenal
Chelsea
----
Spurs :)lol)
Newcastle

Everton will finish above Liverpool, Liverpool will not challenge for top 4.
Di Matteo (Roman might just quietly let his contract expire), Mancini will both be sacked but AVB and Rodgers will get another year.
RVP will get injured.

PL top scorer: Giroud!!!!
I'm delusional, and proud of it.

CL: Real Madrid
Europa League: City?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Does that mean you want RVP to go to City? ;p

Don't hate Aston Villa either, I just try to avoid watching them, if I wanted to look at clowns like Dunne and Collins fool around I would go to the fucking circus, it destroys any hope of beating the big teams (which is the only time they are on here). But like anyone I am only human and am fascinated with Albrightons nose.

rodvik

Us playing shit football last season is no reason to hate on us for this season. We got rid of the person who had us playing so dire. Plus, our two friendlies we have played so far have been a complete opposite of that. That would be a silly reason to want us to go down.

By the way, I watched the Philly game. Bloody hell we really did play some brilliant football. Oh and we dominated possession. We couldnt manage that even against Walsall last season.

Excite!

By the way, I watched the Philly game. Bloody hell we really did play some brilliant football. Oh and we dominated possession. We couldnt manage that even against Walsall last season.

Excite!

I heard Bannan had another great performance. I'm real excited for the season now! Can't wait for Saturday!!!!

My Fantasy roster is set. As I always am during preseason, I'm confident I picked a strong side.

evilwart

Predictions:

Battle for the Top 3 - Between Man Utd, Man City and Chelsea
My prediction...

1st - Man Utd
2nd - Man City
3rd - Chelsea

Battle for 4th Place - Between Tottenham and Arsenal
My prediction...

4th - Tottenham

Battle for survival - Between QPR, Wigan, Norwich, Southampton, Reading and West Ham
My prediction...

18th - QPR
19th - Southampton
20th - Wigan

Zabojnik

I had no idea we're playing Malaga in a friendly on the 4th of August. In Salerno (Italy) of all places. Interesting. Any Malaga fans here?

rodvik

I heard Bannan had another great performance. I'm real excited for the season now! Can't wait for Saturday!!!!

My Fantasy roster is set. As I always am during preseason, I'm confident I picked a strong side.

Yup he was good. Oh and get this. We played it out of the back - all the time - no long balls from Guzan or defenders.

deGod

United
City
Chelsea
Arsenal
I wish...

It will be
Chelsea
City
United
Arsenal

I think anyway.
Depends who gets RVP if man city get him they will win

Moobabe

I'll clear this up lol - TL:DR - an ex's ex was a villa fan and a massive JT.

^^That is a more reasonable response than anything else I could have thought of :p

Yup he was good. Oh and get this. We played it out of the back - all the time - no long balls from Guzan or defenders.

I think Clark is going to take a huge step this year. Going to be great.

Here's my team!

diZSG.png

Wilbury, we have many similar picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom