• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
My effort

d4D6C.png

Kyoufu

For those of you with Simpson, I doubt he'll get playing time against Tottenham (if he's still at the club) if we sign Debuchy. Ryan Taylor looks like a sub too.

Wish muppet season would end with targets over the line.

For 15m, we would sell Matri but no it isn't going to happen at that value. We bought him for 15.5 because we were desperate. Juve will only sell if we can get close to what we paid for him, but we won't.

Anyway, we need Matri and Quagliarella + our new ST as attacking options alongside Vucinic and Giovinco. Matri suffered when playing next to Vucinic who isn't a real passer of the ball. Matri linked up well with Marchisio and Vidal, and international duty shows he can link up well with Giovinco. He's mobile, eager to work, and was actually one of Serie A's most reliable finishers of players in double digit goals (second only to Milito, I believe). Conte knows all these things. He doesn't have the spark, necessarily, that Quagliarella has to create goals out of nothing, but he has a killer edge. This isn't Amauri we're talking about. Matri is still a very dangerous player. I'd like him to stick around. What if we get an injury to our new ST? We need him and Quagliarella to fight it out.

If we get rid of Matri I guarantee we'll end up with Pazzini. We'll need the depth in any case. May as well leave with the girl we came with.

Edit: Also, Yurt, speaking of selling dead weight, we've sold half of Marco Motta to Bologna! No idea for how much, can't imagine more than a million if that, but I'll happily give that money to pay our physio wages.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
fadetoblack said:
Edit: Also, Yurt, speaking of selling dead weight, we've sold half of Marco Motta to Bologna! No idea for how much, can't imagine more than a million if that, but I'll happily give that money to pay our physio wages.

I'm convinced agent Marco Motta is our key to break Bologna's curse. Anything more than one dollar/peanuts is fine by me.

Not many Rovers players in that FL teams :(

Told you guys about Hoilett, great player with a pushy greedy dad and a bit of an attitude which will stop him getting to the top

Wilbur

Banned
Where the eff is Vidic on that???!!! How dare you exclude him! lol

Depends on his injuries. Full backs are better players to have for me because they play more games and they have assists in them. Was gonna pick Lescott or Kompany who score a bunch from corners, so might do that.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
My grandfather was born in Lucca, but moved to torino. My dad was born in paris and was a arsenal fan. I grew up liking both clubs. My mexican side, my mother is from Torreón so i support santos laguna. Screw spain and germany! :p

andale...

Zabojnik

I'm sorry guys, it's a free loan + option to buy half. :/ At least we don't have to pay his wages, but I have a feeling he'll be back next season. We're cursed, cursed I say. SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, WE'RE SELLING MELO AND KRASIC. PLEASE TAKE THEM. TAKE THEM!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm sorry guys, it's a free loan + option to buy half. :/ At least we don't have to pay his wages, but I have a feeling he'll be back next season. We're cursed, cursed I say. SOMEBODY, ANYBODY, WE'RE SELLING MELO AND KRASIC. PLEASE TAKE THEM. TAKE THEM!!!

I'm still okay with this. You can't put a price on free points
0zfm5.gif

Melo is definitely leaving, but for what price we don't know. Gala are asking for a discount and eventually we'll reach a middle point.....I hope.

Krasic is being fucking picky
c24Sm.gif
c24Sm.gif
c24Sm.gif

Zabojnik

I'm still okay with this. You can't put a price on free points
0zfm5.gif

Melo is definitely leaving, but for what price we don't know. Gala are asking for a discount and eventually we'll reach a middle point.

Krasic is being fucking picky
c24Sm.gif
c24Sm.gif
c24Sm.gif

With Pioli at the helm, I can actually see Motta doing fairly well as a LWB, where he'll always have someone covering his ass. It still won't be enough for Bologna to buy him at the end of the season, I'm sure of that. I'm resigned to the fact that we won't get rid of Motta, Martinez, Iaquinta and possibly even Krasic until the very last day of their contracts. FUCK. THIS. SHIT.

Pretty funny that a member of the board of Ajax is making movies like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WD8iBV5lXC4&feature=g-user-u

He made all the footage himself too!

Oh yeah? You think that's funny? Juve's president and prominent high society member Andrea Agnelli celebrating the scudetto:

le+tre+stelle.jpg

Wessiej

With Pioli at the helm, I can actually see Motta doing fairly well as a LWB, where he'll always have someone covering his ass. It still won't be enough for Bologna to buy him at the end of the season, I'm sure of that. I'm resigned to the fact that we won't get rid of Motta, Martinez, Iaquinta and possibly even Krasic until the very last day of their contracts. FUCK.

Oh yeah? You think that's funny? Juve's president and prominent high society member Andrea Agnelli celebrating the scudetto:

Haha, awesome.

So, Arses, Mancs & Chelskis.
When can I see some Podolski, Kagwa, Marin pre-season action?
I watched the highlights of that Utd - Zulu nation game and there was no Kagawa to be seen. As for Marin, I saw his deflected goal in Chelsea vs. Seattle and not much else beyond that, when's the next bigger game?

/edit
^ do you feel like you missed out on Narsingh? Such a bargain for PSV :O

Wilbur

Banned
My cock is still flacid.

My cock will be out if a cm is signed since that is the weakest area on the team.

This. Fuck Lucas, we don't need him unless we sell Nani. And if we're spending 35m on an unproven Brazilian we better be getting 45m for Nani at the very least.

PaulLFC

Probably been posted before, but it's worth posting again because it's brilliant:

Suso passing compilation

If he can show this kind of form for the first team eventually when he gets his chance, and we actually utilise him properly and don't leave him to stagnate in the reserves and then loan him out to club after club, he could be a phenomenal player for us. Some of the passes in that video are brilliant.

Wessiej

So, Arses, Mancs & Chelskis.
When can I see some Podolski, Kagwa, Marin pre-season action?
I watched the highlights of that Utd - Zulu nation game and there was no Kagawa to be seen. As for Marin, I saw his deflected goal in Chelsea vs. Seattle and not much else beyond that, when's the next bigger game?

/edit
^ do you feel like you missed out on Narsingh? Such a bargain for PSV :O

4.1m is not a bargain for a 1 year contract...

Zabojnik

Q: "Asamoah, what can you tell us about yourself?"

A: "I'm married, I have a son of two months in Ghana. I hope to be reunited with my family next month, they're coming to Turin. I'm not one to go out much. After training I usually stay at home. I listen to music and play on the playstation, a lot. (*laughs*). I don't go out much 'cause I don't have many friends, mostly just the other players."

Kwadwo confirmed to be a Gaffer! Come on Simone Pepe, time to introduce him to the good times! PARTEEEEYYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom