• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K1LLER7

A former sky sports presenter apparently.

I've no idea about the validity of his tweets though.
Hmm Sao Paulo have apparently said they had a meeting with United which went very well and that Man Utd were very professional. Have no clue wether its true or if anythings been agreed. All we know is SAF really wants him.

DSN2K

been updating FIFA 12

PSG are quite good....

d3058d1328b7afc2178d2ccd46933218da9fef36.jpg

ATF487

Q: "Asamoah, what can you tell us about yourself?"

A: "I'm married, I have a son of two months in Ghana. I hope to be reunited with my family next month, they're coming to Turin. I'm not one to go out much. After training I usually stay at home. I listen to music and play on the playstation, a lot. (*laughs*). I don't go out much 'cause I don't have many friends, mostly just the other players."

Kwadwo confirmed to be a Gaffer! Come on Simone Pepe, time to introduce him to the good times! PARTEEEEYYYY!!

Wish he was playing in a better league :(

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
He won't make much points though if he doesn't score many goals. Someone like Walker who will play in the same defence is a better option.

He's scored quite a few for Ajax. I expect he'll be like Vermaelen and get forward when possible.

Wessiej

He won't make much points though if he doesn't score many goals. Someone like Walker who will play in the same defence is a better option.

He scored 10 goals last year ;) Making him the 4th topscorer of the year. But that won't probably happen in the PL.

4.1m is not a bargain for a 1 year contract...
I think he's still cheap for what he offers (age, talent). Kind of weird that no bigger team tried to sign him.
---
According to Bild Kuba is signing a new contract (till 2015) next week.
Latest rumors suggested that Liverpool, Spurs, Lazio & Juve considered signing him.

Tis' good.

Wessiej

I think he's still cheap for what he offers (age, talent). Kind of weird that no bigger team tried to sign him.
---
According to Bild Kuba is signing a new contract (till 2015) next week.
Latest rumors suggested that Liverpool, Spurs, Lazio & Juve considered signing him.

Tis' good.

Ajax is working on a different way of working since this year. They don't buy players for a lot of money and rely on talents from our own youth. If you want to play for Ajax? Well, you can probably play in the CL, play for the championship and you are playing for Ajax, but you are not receiving a lot of money.

Going back to the basics.

Ah,

well it did serve you well in the past. Afair the 1995 team was built up from homegrown talent too or at least most players were Dutch, lol
It can work. We're kinda in the same boat (Reus was expensive, but he's still homegrown, kinda like a lost son). We could easily sign some good (older, more experienced) players as we're probably about to post a net income of some 15-20m...and I'm sure we'd fare better in certain games (CL), but then it could disrupt the team (wages envy, etc.)
You just need to hold on to your talent for a while until you can succeed in some fashion. We're trying that too. Götze, Hummels, Reus are all on long-term contracts and will probably stay as long as we're successful & sexy and maybe they'll stay long enough for us to win something in Europe. We'll see.

Wessiej

Yeah that's right, and for some reason it makes you more proud of your team. You see the players that want to play for the club and came from the youth, so you got a connection with them. We also made a salary cap of 1m, so no big player is going to come to us, that's for sure hehe.

But yeah, I rather support a club like this (or Dortmund) than something like PSG/City...be proud of your legacy and players, not of your money.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah that's right, and for some reason it makes you more proud of your team. You see the players that want to play for the club and came from the youth, so you got a connection with them. We also made a salary cap of 1m, so no big player is going to come to us, that's for sure hehe.

But yeah, I rather support a club like this (or Dortmund) than something like PSG/City...be proud of your legacy and players, not of your money.

Always loved Ajax from just knowing the history of the club and how they deal with their youth. I always got the impression Fergie used them as an example for using youth players.

dc89

Just been playing a bit of LoL with Spotify in the background. N Dubz comes on.

"What would a girl like you want with a rebel like me" - Dappy.

Not a great deal I could do about it. Dem Lyrics.

Wessiej

Always loved Ajax from just knowing the history of the club and how they deal with their youth. I always got the impression Fergie used them as an example for using youth players.

But still you want to buy Eriksen huh ;) hehe.

ALSO OH GAWD, I'm going to buy our away shirt tonight but what player am I going to put on it. I want to put Anita on it but what if he's going to Newcastle ;(? I don't know...

Wilbur

Banned
But still you want to buy Eriksen huh ;) hehe.

ALSO OH GAWD, I'm going to buy our away shirt tonight but what player am I going to put on it. I want to put Anita on it but what if he's going to Newcastle ;(? I don't know...

Yeah fuck Ajax actually I want all their youth

Hixx

Just been playing a bit of LoL with Spotify in the background. N Dubz comes on.

"What would a girl like you want with a rebel like me" - Dappy.

Not a great deal I could do about it. Dem Lyrics.

dappy has nothing on tinie tempah

"she broke my heart I took some gaviscon"

Joe

i managed to score 5 free tickets to next weeks french super cup game at new york red bull arena.

its lyon vs montpellier - i dont follow ligue1 at all, are there any players i should be excited about?

ATF487

i managed to score 5 free tickets to next weeks french super cup game at new york red bull arena.

its lyon vs montpellier - i dont follow ligue1 at all, are there any players i should be excited about?

Lyon has some decent players; I've always liked Michel Bastos (fast and strong on the wing) and Hugo Loris (France's no. 1 keeper). Gomis was rumored to be moving to a bigger club earlier in the summer, he's a strong and tall center forward/striker. There's also Gourcuff who was thought to be the next Zidane but seems to have never fulfilled his potential.

Honestly don't know anyone on Montpelier now that Giroud is gone, but it should be a decent game for free. I wanted to go but can't swing the bus/train price from boston

Fady K

To the rest of you here who go through this, here's wishing you a
ramadan_kareem-525470.jpg

Norwegian league doesn't have that privilege, I guess.

Norway's co-efficient isn't high enough.

Any ideas why? I was just curious why some countries don't count for auto-qualification.

Unfortunately at this moment I really don't think we're ready to win the crown back :(

United came close to winning without Vidic and Kagawa. It was down to goal difference. You know that as long as Ferguson's boss, you have a 90% chance of earning the title ;) Worst case scenario for United these years is second place.

Guys, I REALLY hate preseason games. They are so lifeless. I think I am going to try watch more EPL this season. Not following a specific team as I will never be a 2 team person. But just want to watch more games. EPL tends to have the most dramatic moments.

YES Messi :D Watch EPL games with us next season ^_^

Deflections or not, really looking forward to seeing Marin and Hazard in the league.

THIS. They were soooooo wonderful!!

The blonde Messi indeed.

He really does look like a blonde Messi : D

Funny every time I see it. It's a CAT in a collar and tie. :)

Edit: oh fuck it's morning :(

My God - when the morning comes up and you haven't slept
Excellent. :D

To be honest I knew Chelsea were going to win. That prophecy of JT lifting the cup was just inevitable.

You were a good luck charm for the club and for that I will love you forever and wish Newcastle the best forever too :) <3

WOW Bale wins the thread lol;D

Fady doesn't count, he likes everybody. :p

That's me alright ;)

tumblr_lrdf2tuXC61r30r4xo4_400.gif

It's amazing how even his cake had a sideshow Bob! What were your thoughts on yesterday's game?

Lukaku = wow, he's got potential.
Marin = big surprise
Hazard = <3 <3 <3
Pretty much all of the above. Reserving judgement till we get the PSG and Milan games out of the way. They are the real challenges.

K1LLER7

Not feeling it. One decent cross. Looks like te type of player someone like Skrtel would take no shit from and have in his pocket all day.
He's only 19, there's room for improvement but he's got massive potential to be a world class player. Needs to keeps his head up more and look around at the situation.

Fady happy Ramadan :)

Fady K

Pretty much all of the above. Reserving judgement till we get the PSG and Milan games out of the way. They are the real challenges.

Agreed. Even MLS All Stars should be a bigger challenge with the bigger MLS players like Beckham and Henry featuring.

He's only 19, there's room for improvement but he's got massive potential to be a world class player. Needs to keeps his head up more and look around at the situation.

Thank you K1LLER7 :)! Same to you bro! Did you enjoy watching the first ManU pre-season game? Where are you from by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

Wilbur

Banned

I don't think we should be spending 35 million on a 19 year old who has only proven it in a league where the defenders are by and large pretty mediocre.

Well I am getting my cock out for Lucas and when he rapes the premier league I can say I was the first one who got my cock out and stroked it for him

Wilbur

Banned
Well I am getting my cock out for Lucas and when he rapes the premier league I can say I was the first one who got my cock out and stroked it for him

And I will be first to take your cock deep in every available orifice on my body if this happens, but the risk is too high.

LegoArmo

I know the defences aren't the best in Brazil, but the guys close control is incredible. There was points in that video where I thought he just fluked through the defence, then they showed the slowed down replay, and he 100 percent meant it. Crazy.

I think it's a bit more than just "potential", personally.

Unless he goes to City, then he's shit.

Wilbur

Banned
I know the defences aren't the best in Brazil, but the guys close control is incredible. There was points in that video where I thought he just fluked through the defence, then they showed the slowed down replay, and he 100 percent meant it. Crazy.

I think it's a bit more than just "potential", personally.

Unless he goes to City, then he's shit.

Oh he's got incredible close control, I giggled a few times at him bamboozling them.

But I saw two good passes and a bunch of awful goalkeeping and defending. I just don't think it's worth the risk of bringing him in for 35m and then not getting a CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom