• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my FF team.

hioM5.png

The gap? Lucas Moura. #MouraPowellFuture

Oh he's got incredible close control, I giggled a few times at him bamboozling them.

But I saw two good passes and a bunch of awful goalkeeping and defending. I just don't think it's worth the risk of bringing him in for 35m and then not getting a CM.

Also, a lot of his ball retention relied on fast acceleration to get to the ball before the defender. Not sure he'd still have that exuberance after getting knocked to shit in 15 successive league games.

EDIT:
I hope to fuck I'm taking it in my bottom. Because I think we'll end up getting him.
:¬/ Would feel like Fergie trying to correct not getting Ronaldinho when he (apparently) had the chance.

K1LLER7

I don't think we should be spending 35 million on a 19 year old who has only proven it in a league where the defenders are by and large pretty mediocre.
Agree It's a big gamble given his age and league, maybe too big of a gamble for 35m but I think he'll come good if he makes the move. Only time will tell I guess.

it took Ronaldo a while to get used to the PL and will most likely be the same for him. He doesn't look a skinny fella which is a positive and he can seem to hold his weight. If Fergie's looking to change the team into a more pressing, passing and movement orientated team, he'd fit right in.

Messi

Am i the only that hates pinto?

I can see why people would hate him. He is a massive troll. I like to imagine that he is a person who misreads most situations and thus makes awkard jokes/hair/sunglasses.

I am convinced that the sunglasses were one big troll by him

AxEGXR2CEAE3GEG.jpg:large

OMG LOL, please someone avatar this for me

Awl2CtZCIAEhXyv.jpg:large

Its amazing.

K1LLER7

Can't believe you guys didn't have JOEY BARTON in your JT lists. He's like the first name I think of along with Terry of course.

Sloosha

Think I'll use the bootleg Barcelona players for my FT theme.

So far:

Blonde Messi - Marin
English Xavi - Cleverley

Anyone have anymore ideas?

Ferguson, speaking on United's South African tour in Durban, feels the episode did not do much for Dalglish's standing among the Liverpool hierarchy. "I wasn't surprised at Kenny leaving," said Ferguson. "John Henry has obviously looked at that [the Suárez incident] and felt it wasn't handled in the right way. It certainly wasn't a nice thing to happen and it must have been part of it."
Suárez has kept the matter rumbling on by saying in an interview in Uruguay that United exert too much power at the Football Association and it is that which led to him being found guilty. Dalglish's replacement, Brendan Rodgers, has reacted by stating it is time to move on from the episode.
"It's not going to go away if Suárez keeps on making headlines out of it," said Ferguson.

Talk about kicking a man when he's down.

Love it Fergie-san

FWIW Team JT is definitely possible. I tried to include a Spurs player, but the only one I could think of was Adebayor and he plays City. Also I couldn't think of another keeper, so I just went for Sorensen. If you play for Stoke then you're probably a JT.

teamjtx0kpg.png

His dirty shitty tackles and his embarrassing rants about how the best doctors and bus drivers in England should be English. Enough to be a JT in my book.

But hey if we do need more to justify him on the JT all star team :

When my leg was broken in an horrific tackle by Lucas Neill in September 2003, my mates were ready to hunt him down if I gave the go-ahead.

A few weeks later I received a phone call. "You won't believe this, Jay. We're in the Trafford Centre and Lucas Neill is walking straight towards us. What do you reckon?"

Did I really want Neill to take a crack? "There's only one problem," added the voice. "Little Davey Thommo is with him."

That was that. I could hardly let one of my best mates, David Thompson, now a Blackburn player, become a witness to an assault. Besides he'd have recognised the attackers. The impromptu mission was aborted and I sent a text to Thommo telling him Neill should give him a hug of thanks.

As word got back to Blackburn about the near miss, or should that be hit, their coach Terry Darracott, a Scouser, appealed to one of my friends to call the boys off. I agreed.

After I established myself at right-back, our African defender Rigobert Song found himself out of the team and our previously healthy relationship instantly deteriorated.

One morning in training he was told I'd been called into the England squad after performing well at full-back.

There was a look of astonishment on Song's face - a bit like the one we used to give him when he claimed he was only 21.

He might as well have blurted out he thought I wasn't good enough for international football.

He strolled off to his French speaking friends and began talking to them. I could see him pointing towards me while everyone was grinning. It was clear what he was saying and the rage inside me simmered.

Later, Song walked on to the training pitch with a smile on his face. He was limping off it with a grimace an hour later. The first chance I got, I did him. Never have I hunted down a 50-50 tackle with greater appetite.

"You're not f***ing laughing now are you, you soft ****?" I said as he hobbled away.

Did I care he had a knock? No way. I don't remember him or anyone else in the squad for that matter trying to take the piss out of my ability again.

(Lets not pretend every other player wasn't as surprised as Song about this. :lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom