• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Can you tell me if that douchebag junior's spoilers were legit? :(

Link me to the spoilers and I'll PM you if you really wanna know lol.

BTW I went into this with absolutely 0 hype and don't think I watched any of the trailers. The most I saw were pictures on set a while ago and that 'Here We Go' .gif lol.

Salvadora

I can think of so many movies that would've benefited from me going on media black out. I can never resist unfortunately. Its a problem.

Slizz

I can think of so many movies that would've benefited from me going on media black out. I can never resist unfortunately. Its a problem.

Yea I went in pretty pure to it.

The line when I left for the midnight showing was at least 150+ people with 2 hrs still left till actual showtime.

Empty

i know nothing except that hathaway is in it as i think catwoman and hardy as some masked guy.

is it really 164 minutes though :/ i generally think most of these dumb action blockbusters would benefit a lot from being shorter and tighter. though i guess tdk was long too and i liked that one fine.

Salvadora

i know nothing except that hathaway is in it as i think catwoman and hardy as some masked guy.

is it really 164 minutes though :/ i generally think most of these dumb action blockbusters would benefit a lot from being shorter and tighter. though i guess tdk was long too and i liked that one fine.

Never forget the boat scene.

Slizz

Yea it was. I saw an advance screening so no previews it went straight into the flick. Seriously, it doesn't really lull at all but I did start to get uncomfortable near the end from sitting so long.

Joe

no fuck

Belhanda for Montpelier is a real talent.

Lyon has some decent players; I've always liked Michel Bastos (fast and strong on the wing) and Hugo Loris (France's no. 1 keeper). Gomis was rumored to be moving to a bigger club earlier in the summer, he's a strong and tall center forward/striker. There's also Gourcuff who was thought to be the next Zidane but seems to have never fulfilled his potential.

Honestly don't know anyone on Montpelier now that Giroud is gone, but it should be a decent game for free. I wanted to go but can't swing the bus/train price from boston
Awesome, thanks!

Meier

Terrible news about Claudio Reyna. Along with Alexi Lalas and a few others (Eric Wynalda/Cobi Jones), definitely one of the first big names in American soccer/football in my lifetime.

GorillaJu

Terrible news about Claudio Reyna. Along with Alexi Lalas and a few others (Eric Wynalda/Cobi Jones), definitely one of the first big names in American soccer/football in my lifetime.

Indeed - really sad.

Cobi Jones!! My sister used to be so in love with that guy. I don't even remember what position he played. My sister was a pretty decent CM all through high school, mostly defensive, and she idolized him.

yella

I joined up in the Fantasy Gaf League (team name Lone Wolf 246); hopefully that will get me to lurk less and post more lol.

I'm eager to see how Takashi Inui will do in the Bundesliga with Frankfurt. Him and Shinji Kagawa were by far Cerezo Osaka's best players during their JL2 stint. He had similar stats to Kagawa and played a similar style with close ball control and the ability to pass in tight spaces. Supposedly was Bochum's best player in the 2nd division of bundesliga.

Arsenal have a buy back clause in Vela's contract with Real Sociedad?

Sloosha

I'm eager to see how Takashi Inui will do in the Bundesliga with Frankfurt. Him and Shinji Kagawa were by far Cerezo Osaka's best players during their JL2 stint. He had similar stats to Kagawa and played a similar style with close ball control and the ability to pass in tight spaces. Supposedly was Bochum's best player in the 2nd division of bundesliga.

They've had some great players: Kiyotake, Kagawa and KBK. Wish Kim went to the Bundesliga instead of Cardiff City.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

Arsenal have a buy back clause in Vela's contract with Real Sociedad?

From what I read, they do for 4 mil euros.

They've had some great players: Kiyotake, Kagawa and KBK. Wish Kim went to the Bundesliga instead of Cardiff City.

Wasn't Dortmund interested in KBK? Yeah, I was excited at the news of KBK going to Europe, but then he chose Cardiff. Won't be able to watch his games as much.

IMO, KBK, Ki (qpr maybe?), and Son Heung Min have the most potential out of the Korean national team.

From what I read, they do for 4 mil euros.

Wonder how Vela would feel if Arsenal brought him back after another successful season. Real Sociedad has a friendly today or tomorrow against Lyon I think?

Meier

Sloosha

Wasn't Dortmund interested in KBK? Yeah, I was excited at the news of KBK going to Europe, but then he chose Cardiff. Won't be able to watch his games as much.

IMO, KBK, Ki (qpr maybe?), and Son Heung Min have the most potential out of the Korean national team.

I'd add Lee Chung-Yong and Koo as well.

dc89

scaled.php

I'm gonna smell fantastic!

Killer7 how the fuck did you get such a good sword at lvl 49 on that pawn? wtf???

Hire my pawn if you want a Warrior who probably gets about 2 hits in per battle because of the incredibly long prep-time for his attacks. he does an absolute fucktonne of damage with ever hit though

The_Hitcher89, his name is either Dog or Hound, I forget which is his proper name. He looks stupid because the stuff that looks good is worse than the stuff he's wearing

Arnie

No LFC fans in the queue yet?

Just had to do a fix job on our router, after three hours sleep, still wildly drunk. I swear I'm going to be sick in the next hour.

I'm in, wait time is approximately an hour.

Zabojnik

What does he say? I can't understand a word.

I get constantly mocked for my terrible, terrible serbo-croatian (it's actually not *that* similar to slovenian), but it's something like "da ti jebem familiju ja raspadlu čelavu". Something about him fucking the referee's bald family, haha. It's a pretty standard insult down there. :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Madrid are refusing to go above €35m for Modric. It's either PSG or stay at Spurs then.

5 hours until TDKR.

Zabojnik

So Madrid are refusing to go above €35m for Modric. It's either PSG or stay at Spurs then.

Surely PSG can't buy EVERYBODY? It'll be interesting to see how they'll try to circumvent the FFP once it kicks in ...

You're seeing TDKR at lunch-time? How ... odd. :)

Arnie

No wonder the atmosphere at Anfield's been complete shite these last few years, this ticketing system is a shambles.

EDIT: Fuck this. Got through after being in the queue since 8:15 and the seats left are a disgrace. Couldn't have done much more to be first in the queue, been to a shite load of games last season, managed to get the funds together and this is the shit I'm left with. Seats with restricted views in the main stand? For £45? You're having a laugh. Not even bothering buying any, I'll try for late availability in the Kop, but otherwise I'll just be happy with my Sky subscription. Really have had enough of paying through the arse for shit service, and shit seats. I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to be drawn into wasting money on crappy seats again this season, and I'm sticking to it.

Was a tough thing to do after waiting an hour and a half, but closing that window was the right move.

Russian League starting today.

My Season Predictions:

1. Spartak
2. Zenit
3. CSKA
4. Anzhi
5. Loko
6. Rubin
7. Dinamo

Also, since Danny's recovery is apparently behind schedule we might be trying to get Arshavin back. I support this move mostly because of the lulz he is sure to bring.

PaulLFC

No LFC fans in the queue yet?

Just had to do a fix job on our router, after three hours sleep, still wildly drunk. I swear I'm going to be sick in the next hour.

I'm in, wait time is approximately an hour.
Got mine, was just unbelievably lucky really. I had 3 browsers open, and while Chrome gave me an 18 minute wait time, IE for some reason let me straight in. Got a ticket for all the matches I could, didn't have enough credits from last season to get a United ticket so I'll have to hope that goes to late availability somehow.

Best of luck mate, sounds like the wait time is better than some people I've seen, up to 3 hours for some apparently. It's madness, they really need some better server capacity.

No wonder the atmosphere at Anfield's been complete shite these last few years, this ticketing system is a shambles.

EDIT: Fuck this. Got through after being in the queue since 8:15 and the seats left are a disgrace. Couldn't have done much more to be first in the queue, been to a shite load of games last season, managed to get the funds together and this is the shit I'm left with. Seats with restricted views in the main stand? For £45? You're having a laugh. Not even bothering buying any, I'll try for late availability in the Kop, but otherwise I'll just be happy with my Sky subscription. Really have had enough of paying through the arse for shit service, and shit seats. I made a promise to myself that I wasn't going to be drawn into wasting money on crappy seats again this season, and I'm sticking to it.

Was a tough thing to do after waiting an hour and a half, but closing that window was the right move.
Should be fine with late availability, they always seem to get better seats than we're given in the members sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom