• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2011/2012 | OT12 | All the clowns were offside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Maxi-Ramsey.gif

Thanks.

Meier

Using the c-word outside this thread is definitely not recommended. Keep in mind that it's considered the worst "cuss word" you can use in America and most of the forum is American. I think that isn't necessarily the case here in this thread so it can be used more casually, but using it anywhere else is asking for trouble.

I avoid posting it personally just in case.

jtb

Banned
It's not that cunt is a swear word, fuck is number two and everyone uses that word on this forum very liberally. It's more that cunt is being interpreted as a slur - which I can understand, if not agree with. But then again, I'm not a woman (and I defeinitly don't speak for all women!) so who am I to say what is a slur and what isn't. Maybe we should ban all genitalia for fear of gendering conversations.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
The fifteen minutes I've watched of this match have been infinitely more interesting than Portugal vs Spain.

HOLY SHIT HE ALMOST HAD IT
I am calling you pecho frio.
The only pecho frío in here is Verano.

Wait, I thought Romàrio's son just debuted for Corinthians a few days ago. Different Romarinho?

Fry

How old is Romarinho? And where did he play before going to Corinthians?

I never heard of him before until last week.

ty_hot

Romarinho just transfered to Corinthians, he played the Sao Paulo State Championship in a team called Bragantino, that's what my memory can tell.

He played only two matches for Corinthians before today. The first one was mehh. In the last one he socred the 2 winning goals agains our biggest rival (two amazing goals, btw):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THuhSxEE-Bo

Tonight highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-cd2IEx_0Q

And for those talking about the Boca fans: sure they are amazing. The stadium itself creates an amazing atmosphere, fans are really close to the friends and you look at them they look like they are all over themselves, there is no room for nothing else (specially behind the 2 bars). But when Corinthians scored, they got silent, realy silent for a while. They knew Romarinho's goal could be the title goal. They only got back to chanting in the very end when they almost scored again, which was their biggest hope for the title.

Corinthians fans are very well known in Brazil. We have the biggest attendance average in the last years (since when Ronaldo debuted, 2009). In a recent survey with PLAYERS, they chose Corinthians fans as the most feared in the country by a big margin. It doesn't matter how we are playing and if we are winning or not, our fans are awesome from the first to the last minute. And for the Finals we are having all the 'organized fans' (idk a english words fot that) singing the same songs at the same time, louder and louder. So, yeah, Boca players may feel the vibe. Bad thing they are used to it, but they better be prepared.

grafico_torcidas.png

Next week match: Corinthians will not play like today, only defending (we only atacked for real after the 1-0, and then after the 1-1 we got back to defence. We did that in all rounds: away match: defense, playing for the draw. Home: we control the midfield (Paulinho and Ralf ate just superb) and attack until we score. Only problem is Riquelme: what a motherfuker. Controls the ball like Xavi and Iniesta, impossible to take it from him (specially when our wings or side defenders are marking gim). Can change a match like noone else (as he did against Fluminense, in the last few minutes.

And ofc, extremely hopeful in out Title with 0 losses. Chelsea better be prepared.

PRA CIMA DELES TIMÃO!
JOGAI POR NÓS!

and before i forget, an amazing ad of a brazilian beer (Corinthians anthem in spanish):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0l9tnV5AD8

elsk

Banned
Arjen Robben.
"Cold chest". It broadly means someone who doesn't feel the shirt and ends up choking in important moments.

Wouldn't Ozil be considered a Pecho frío? He doesn't sing the german anthem :p
I don't really get the hate Messi gets from Argentina people, it's so stupid... it wasn't his fault to have clowns as coaches in the NT for so long.

elsk

Banned
Talking about formations, I just recently saw the formations of the first match between England and Scotland... England was using a 1-1-8 formation. Yeah, that's right, 8 strikers.

elsk

Banned
Modric never impressed me, he is for sure a very good player but lacks that special something. I don't see him as a good CM given his size and lack of strength. And if you add his age, I wouldn't pay more than 15m euros por him.

Yen

Modric never impressed me, he is for sure a very good player but lacks that special something. I don't see him as a good CM given his size and lack of strength. And if you add his age, I wouldn't pay more than 15m euros por him.

Hasn't held him back at all in England, which is probably the most physical league in the world.

Strength isn't his problem. I actually don't think he has an enormous amount of guile or trickery to open defences. He can do it but he doesn't do it very regularly. I also don't rate him that much as a passer of the ball.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Strength isn't his problem. I actually don't think he has an enormous amount of guile or trickery to open defences. He can do it but he doesn't do it very regularly. I also don't rate him that much as a passer of the ball.

ahahaha

His passing stats are some of the best in the PL same for chances created. If only the big clubs thought so little of him, might have a chance if keeping him.

Lightning

Banned
I couldn't even make room for the Assassin or Nasri!
Come on, you can't still rate Nasri that highly? The guy is overated to hell. He is inconsistent as fuck and he acts like a disruptive child when things don't go his way. Seriously, I don't miss him at all. I miss Clichy though... as bad as he was he is brilliant compared to Gibbs and Santos.

GorillaJu

Think Modrić is an incredibly well-rounded player that will be worth every penny Real Madrid pay for him.

I think he'll go for much less than the 40m being quoted. That was last year's purported value for a club in the PL. If he moves to Real, his going price will be 25-ish, not 40.

And don't think Real will throw in Sahin either. Would be a mistake if they did. Altintop, I could see. Lass's wages may be too big.

dc89

Come on, you can't still rate Nasri that highly? The guy is overated to hell. He is inconsistent as fuck and he acts like a disruptive child when things don't go his way. Seriously, I don't miss him at all. I miss Clichy though... as bad as he was he is brilliant compared to Gibbs and Santos.

Nah he wouldn't get In that ridiculous team. But that team is just unworkable, a more sensible team and Nasri gets in.

http://i.imgur.com/Jywnu.jpg[/IM]

:lol :lol

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lW9wE.jpg[/IM][/QUOTE]

Well they certainly look fake.

Can't pass, not strong enough, not consistent enough, worth less than we signed him for... oh you guys. To be honest I'm not surprised that some still don't understand what's so good about him. He doesn't play in a league that traditionally credits that type of player for the work they do. People typically ask how many does he score, how much does he tackle... he created the most chances for Spurs last season (96) - more than Iniesta (33), Ronaldo (58) and Xavi (63).

I like to say he's the pass before the pass though.

Ashes

Banned
Can't pass, not strong enough, not consistent enough, worth less than we signed him for... oh you guys. To be honest I'm not surprised that some still don't understand what's so good about him. He doesn't play in a league that traditionally credits that type of player for the work they do. People typically ask how many does he score, how much does he tackle... he created the most chances for Spurs last season (96) - more than Iniesta (33), Ronaldo (58) and Xavi (63).

I like to say he's the pass before the pass though.

Don't get me wrong, I rate him really highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom