• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT| The Beautiful Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

That is quite sad. Guess they're not playing as a team yet lol

I know bro, insane with some of the talent they have for the show. I expect Chelsea to struggle for the first couple of months myself I must say. They did not gel well in pre-season at ALL.

Meier

Dang, Kagawa just had a slight bat touch on that.. Was nice to see though his skill trying to go through that defense.

Great goal. If you guys don't think United wanted desperately to win this.. you're nuts! They've been up to the challenge clearly.

Kyoufu

I know bro, insane with some of the talent they have for the show. I expect Chelsea to struggle for the first couple of months myself I must say. They did not gel well in pre-season at ALL.

That's what I suspect will happen too but you never know. They could go on a roll.

Whats the owner of PSG like? Is he an Ambramovic in terms of hiring and firing managers?

Holy smokes at Jamaica!

SO. FAST. World record smashed.

Damnit you spoiled it! I was going to watch it after the United match *shakes fist*

Fady K

That's what I suspect will happen too but you never know. They could go on a roll.

It's too hard to predict with this team. They are such a rollercoaster at times. They either do GREAT or just suck at times haha.

Whats the owner of PSG like? Is he an Ambramovic in terms of hiring and firing managers?

All I know is it's pretty crazy that they fired the previous coach when PSG was number ONE in the league, and with Ancelotti they ended up in 2nd place. Not that Ancelotti is bad at all (he's excellent), but the previous coach should not have been fired.

Fady K

I bet United are going to eat up the competition this season. Here's hoping that I'm dead wrong and the league will be full of surprises.

dc89

Damnit you spoiled it! I was going to watch it after the United match *shakes fist*

Sorry dude :(

Which event? The 4x100 Men's? Seems like a given they'd win that given their individual talent.

Yup.

I bet United are going to eat up the competition this season. Here's hoping that I'm dead wrong and the league will be full of surprises.

Chelsea are a bigger threat IMO!

Fady - tomorrow Chelsea & City do battle. I hope City win obviously but I'm excited to see both teams. May the best team win.

OMG.

We actually have a good pre season game and I missed the second half with all the goals :(

Quick lowdown? Good to see us finding the net at last.

OMG.

We actually have a good pre season game and I missed the second half with all the goals :(

Defense was shaky at the start (expected with Carrick at the back and Vidic coming back)

Rooney and Kagawa linked up fantastically, great goal from Kagawa at the end. Great freekick from Rooney too he looked really sharp in the second half.

Emhemed

United have turned it around I see. Can't wait for the premier League to start. Kagawa is definitely going to triumph at United

Fady K

Chelsea are a bigger threat IMO!

Fady - tomorrow Chelsea & City do battle. I hope City win obviously but I'm excited to see both teams. May the best team win.

No way Dc :[ Chelsea seem to have a hard time gelling - they had 4 bad preseason games in a row, starting with an average performance in the 2nd game and ending horribly by the 5th game.

I look forward to tomorrow, may it be an enjoyable game for the both of us :)

Meier

OMG.

Hannover dominated the first 25 mins or so of the 2nd half but United woke up once Rooney buried a FK from just outside the box. Gifted a penalty and then Shinji scored a nice goal after misplaying a good attempt shortly before it.

Just saw the times in the 4x100m.. surprised that it wasn't a bigger difference. Looks like the US was quite close to Jamaica.

Do you think Fergie fires up the hair dryer up in pre season?

He hasn't coached most of their games I don't think?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Congrats mexican-GAF :D

gracias betch!!

anyways, gonna pound some brew. eat ceviche de jaiba, and go to mexican populated areas in L.A. to celebrate with my fellow mexicans.

above all, arriba los Mexicos!!!

...and its nice to hear grant wahl/USMNT supporters aka "nads" say nice things about el tri for once...thanks guys and celebrate with us at your local bars with your fave beer.
:D

I know my comments are late...been busy to get the fiesta goin over hur after mex won the gold!

Fady K

Seriously hope not.

I hope not too, what made last season far more memorable than others for fans of many other teams was how it wasn't more of the same. I hope for more shockers this season, be it from Tottenham, Liverpool, ManCity again (they only got one in their history after all), or Newcastle. Just to keep the premier league more fresh and suspenseful.

No way Dc :[ Chelsea seem to have a hard time gelling - they had 4 bad preseason games in a row, starting with an average performance in the 2nd game and ending horribly by the 5th game.

I look forward to tomorrow, may it be an enjoyable game for the both of us :)

With Marin out and no right winger (lack of Oscar or other right sided player) means I think we'll struggle. Defence has been poor, don't know why, we need Azpili asap as well as any form of right sided winger. I don't want Moses but he could be a decent back-up and we need someone if Marin gets injured.

I hope I'm wrong though...

Fady K

With Marin out and no right winger (lack of Oscar or other right sided player) means I think we'll struggle. Defence has been poor, don't know why, we need Azpili asap as well as any form of right sided winger. I don't want Moses but he could be a decent back-up and we need someone if Marin gets injured.

I hope I'm wrong though...

I feel the same about your points. Don't know what happened to our defense. We have been struggling with passing too recently. I'm talking simple passes.

Fry

Thank fuck.

odvhqmauus.gif

We looked good once we went to a 433 and had a forward leading the line who can actually play football outside the box. Kagawa floating between the lines also brought the best out of Anderson and Cleverley. More please.

Do you think Fergie fires up the hair dryer up in pre season?

Too busy signing missing out on RVP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom