• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

A1nT73nCEAA3OD0.jpg:large

lol every player is lookin at him

Wilbur

Banned
I remember them as being assholes this past season. I think it was in the game vs. Chelsea where it rained red cards or something. They did sign a few big names though :O
Can Swansea break into the said group or they just a fluke atm?
I gotta say, EPL and Bundesliga seem mighty interesting this season unlike Serie A & La Liga.

Hughes is a good manager but it'll take a while for that squad to bed. They'll finish 10th-14th for my money.

Swansea won't keep it up all season but again, 10th-14th will be a good result for them. After United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle, it's pretty open actually. Clubs like WBA who I predicted to go down are going to be better than I thought, Villa have started poorly.,, very interesting this year.

I think Serie A is interesting this year as well, due to Juve maybe being troubled because of Conte, Zeman, Milan not really strengthening, a good Inter coach

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Oh please no. That would be horror!

I can see it happening. You loaned one of Chelsea's fringe players last season and it worked out OK. I think Essien is totally past it but I can see why Wenger would take a punt.

There aren't many clubs who would have two made-of-glass players like Diaby and Essien competing for the same position though. That would worry me.

Ushojax

I will be fucking pissed if we sign Berbatov

While I think Fergie was just joking, I would be OK with it. He suits the lone striker role well and his hold-up play is excellent. If we could get a good 2 years out of him it would be a good signing and would allow us to spend money elsewhere.

lol every player is lookin at him

Waiting for those Marseille turns that'll never come, lol
(although that trick's easy - I still feel like he's bound to disappoint)

Hughes is a good manager but it'll take a while for that squad to bed. They'll finish 10th-14th for my money.

Swansea won't keep it up all season but again, 10th-14th will be a good result for them. After United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle, it's pretty open actually. Clubs like WBA who I predicted to go down are going to be better than I thought, Villa have started poorly.,, very interesting this year.

I think Serie A is interesting this year as well, due to Juve maybe being troubled because of Conte, Zeman, Milan not really strengthening, a good Inter coach

Thanks a lot for your assessment. Yeah, you're actually right about Serie A. Still, I feel like Juve won't have any serious opposition this season.

D_prOdigy

Apparently Celtic taking Park on loan from Arsenal is close.

Why does Arsenal-GAF give PCY so much stick? You bought him last season and then never played him. I'm an outsider, but it seemed like he never got a chance but was treated like a flop.

While I think Fergie was just joking, I would be OK with it. He suits the lone striker role well and his hold-up play is excellent. If we could get a good 2 years out of him it would be a good signing and would allow us to spend money elsewhere.

After how he treated us I don't want him anywhere near our club again. I did think Ferguson was joking as well...

Kyoufu

Random question but does anyone know what the name of the tune was that played during the Iniesta/Messi/Ronaldo player of the year video at the CL draw yesterday?

Wilbur

Banned
Random question but does anyone know what the name of the tune was that played during the Iniesta/Messi/Ronaldo player of the year video at the CL draw yesterday?

Baby by Justin Bieber look it up on YouTube it's one of this decade's defining hits

Salvadora

Apparently Celtic taking Park on loan from Arsenal is close.

Why does Arsenal-GAF give PCY so much stick? You bought him last season and then never played him. I'm an outsider, but it seemed like he never got a chance but was treated like a flop.

I couldn't understand it. When he played in the Carling Cup he looked unfit but still better than Chamakh.

Ushojax

After how he treated us I don't want him anywhere near our club again. I did think Ferguson was joking as well...

I don't care for the way he behaved when he left, but if he scores goals I don't give a shit. If you'd told me two years ago that we'd have Adebayor as our main striker I would have wanted you sectioned.

fuenf

They're a "corporate club". They don't have a bottomless trove like Wolfsburg, but they can still do big signings if they wanted to (and if the said player wanted to sign with them <- big factor). At least they don't give a flying fuck if someone's offering 20 or 30 millions for one of their squad pillars as long as they don't see a worthwhile substitute who'd be willing to play for Neverkusen.
And if they really didn't see a chance fro Yesil to breakthrough then why not ship him off to someone else whilst securing a buy-back-option. That's fine, imho.
However I feel like they do lack strikers atm, lol

You dont have to explain Leverkusen to me, i just believe that their model is flawed. Schürrle and Bender will leave them over the next couple of years anyway. They didnt have problem selling their 'best players' in the past either, and it feels like most of their recent moves were done out of spite (see Vidal). It's not like that they couldnt have grabbed some young talent in return, i think that Leverkusen should be a team that signs young guns like Weiser, Bettencourt or Calhanoglu. I can understand that they didnt want to sell one of their pillars but be honest, do you believe the players are worth that much? As of right now Schürrle is a worse version of Reus, and they were offered almost twice as much.

Salvadora

We've been given word from Arsenal that, as things stand, it is unlikely there will be any major arrivals before the transfer deadline.

Reports linking them with a move for Newcastle midfielder Chieck Tiote are wide of the mark, while there have been informal conversations with Chelsea about midfielder Michael Essien - the Blues are open to him leaving on loan - but this move will not happen unless Arsene Wenger changes his mind on a player he has not been tracking.
Fuck sake.

Wes

venison crêpe
A loan agreement with the view to a permanent deal being struck at a later date was reached with Villa on Thursday, but Vitesse have now altered their stance.

The Eredivisie side claim they are only willing to discuss a sale, leaving Bony facing up to an uncertain future.

The Ivory Coast international striker has expressed his anger at seeing discussions with Villa break down, while his representative has slammed Vitesse for their handling of the situation.

Bony told De Telegraaf: "This club drives me completely crazy. Yesterday they blocked a transfer to Aston Villa."

New challenge

His agent, Francis Kacou, added: "Wilfried is unhappy at Vitesse.

"Aston Villa wanted to loan him with an option to buy. The deal would net Vitesse almost &#8364;10million (£7.9m).

"Yesterday they agreed to that, but in the evening they stated only a permanent deal is possible. We have everything arranged and were planning to leave for Birmingham. Unbelievable.

"Wilfried has to leave Vitesse. He is looking for a new challenge on a higher level.

"Vitesse say they are ambitious, but I don't see that. Wilfried is surrounded by bad players and because of that he can't develop himself any further."

THEY WERE ON THEIR WAY. ARGGHHHHHHHHH

dc89

Charlie Adam had the worst tackles to foul ratio in the Premier League last season (62 tackles & 58 fouls)

LOL!

D_prOdigy

I share the strange feeling of fellow United-GAF today.

I'm thrilled with the signings made in this window, but it feels a bit glum not doing anything on the last day.

I can understand that they didnt want to sell one of their pillars but be honest, do you believe the players are worth that much? As of right now Schürrle is a worse version of Reus, and they were offered almost twice as much.

Bender is a player that will always be sold for less than he's worth. No spectacular player but sooo important for the team.

Schürrle is worth that and could be worth more, he just had one rather bad season at Leverkusen. And comparing this price to Reus' makes no sense. Reus without a release clause would have gone for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom