• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

"David Villa not City bound (via @GuillemBalague) but there is something Big happening with the Champions - that I do know"

Talksports Moose is now on the defensive. How does this guy keep his job?

fuenf

Bender is a player that will always be sold for less than he's worth. No spectacular player but sooo important for the team.

Schürrle is worth that and could be worth more, he just had one rather bad season at Leverkusen. And comparing this price to Reus' makes no sense. Reus without a release clause would have gone for more.

I think Javi proved, that this doesnt always have to be the case. ;) But yeah you are right, i forgot about the release clause of Reus, sorry. I still think that 17m is a fair price for him, though. Maybe i'm just stuck in the past, in the PL he would've gone for 30m+ no doubt but in the Bundesliga it's a fair price. But yeah as most clubs a financially stable and dont need to sell their players it makes sense that the transfer fee are starting to go up.

Maybe it's because i'm a Bayern fan but Schürrle reminds me so much of a leftwing version of Robben that i just cant rate him. I know it's an injustice but i cant help it.

FootballFan

Arsenal should walk its UCL group right?

and city has the group of death?

Arsenal, ManUnited and Barca would have to be in terrible form to not make it through their groups. ManCity on the other hand will have it tough in that group of death.

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter
Ferguson: "It was nice of the FA to let everyone know Young is injured''. Unfair. FA v diplomatic when asked why Young not in #eng squad

Why does Ferguson care so much about people finding out who's injured or not? Does he really think it will give his side that much of an advantage?

fuenf

Dat knowledge:

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satell...eal_Madrid’s_opponents_in_the_group_stage.htm

Borussia Dortmund
Borussia Dortmund are the final opponents of Real Madrid. Having won the last two Bundesliga titles, they also managed to pick up the Cup last season to mark a historic double. Throughout the spine of the team, the stand-out players are the three Polish (Lewandowski, Błaszczykowski and Piszczek) and three Serbian internationals (Subotic, Perisic and Alomerovic).

The team, managed by Jürgen Klopp, has been strengthened, in particular, by the addition of Marco Reus, German international from Mönchengladbach. The defenders Piszczek, Subotic and Hummels, the central midfielder Götze and the striker Lewandowski are also star players. Lucas Barrios, sold to Guangzhou Evergrande, and Kagawa, signed by Manchester United, are the main absentees from the German team.

Pachimari

Sorry. Didn't have any problems in Chrome. Your best bet is the poisonous environment that is Twitter. Tread with caution.

I'm also using Chrome.

But last year we had a stream that followed some English channel who covered all the transfer stories live the whole day.

Why does Europa League exist? It's pitiful in its current state. :/

It's been more entertaining than the Champions League on the last two years. It's the problem with football today, winning a trophy, showing that you are better than the rest of Europe was more than enough in the old days. Now what everyone asks is "how much money can we make from it".

Some tweets:

Greg Stobart ‏@gstobart
#THFC *did* make a last-ditch move to re-sign Dimitar Berbatov from #MUFC but #FFC confident deal is in the bag. Story to come.

Matt Fortune ‏@MFworldfootball
Emerged Liverpool only able to sign Samed Yesil on condition a clause allowed Leverkusen to buy him back for same £1m #LFC paid for him

Kyoufu

It's been more entertaining than the Champions League on the last two years. It's the problem with football today, winning a trophy, showing that you are better than the rest of Europe was more than enough in the old days. Now what everyone asks is "how much money can we make from it".

Indeed. Money rules Football today so we just can't look at Europa League the same way as before unfortunately :(

Cuddler

Some news, Juventus is close to signing Peluso, Llorente will arrive in january. Del Piero has not signed any contract with Sydney FC.

bjaelke

Emerged Liverpool only able to sign Samed Yesil on condition a clause allowed Leverkusen to buy him back for same £1m #LFC paid for him

It's the "unable to perform" clause from what I can read. They can get him back on a cheap if he doesn't do well at Liverpool.

K1LLER7

Young injured, so it'll be...

Valencia ---- Kagawa ---- Nani

----------------- RVP --------------

Dat attack (if Nani's on form)

Choc

Banned
Sydney FC boss has flown to italy to get the signature.

yes, not done, yes could back out, but sounds like its on like donkey kong....

Why wouldn't he come here and taste our aussie babes?

Some tweets:

jlZNXSjvCpNjq.jpg

There are no words :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom