• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM
#LFC weighing up Leandro Damiao. Been offered the option of season long loan at cost of £3m. Option to sign him on perm for £13m next summer
Internacional should spit on the letter and send it back to them.

go line up more borinis rodgers you skint fuck. 13 million wont get you damiao's shaved pubes

Copenhagen are selling a lot of their "star" players after missing out on CL.

A lot? :/

Only Oviedo seems to be going and he's out of contract next season anyway and doesn't want to renew. N'Doye going was clear from the beginning, still holding on to Bolanos, Wiland and Claudemir and so on. Also got to remember the danish transfer window doesn't end before the third, so time to get replacements.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I've never seen him play before, how good is he? What type of player is he? Would he fit Roger's style? Anything to get excited over?

He's good but that deal is nonsense. They want €30m from Spurs for him but they are going to loan him to Liverpool with an option that cheap? Drivel.

He's good but that deal is nonsense. They want €30m from Spurs for him but they are going to loan him to Liverpool with an option that cheap? Drivel.

Yeah that sounds like much less than they turned down from us. It would be very strange if those figures are true.

The name is badass.

Is the Thorgster a beast like his brother?

They say he is quite a beast, but honestly no idea as I've never seen him play in anything but FM. :p

Maybe that means Chelsea failed to ship off Malouda again and won't keep brother Hazard as a back up.

bjaelke

A lot? :/

Only Oviedo seems to be going and he's out of contract next season anyway and doesn't want to renew. N'Doye going was clear from the beginning, still holding on to Bolanos, Wiland and Claudemir and so on. Also got to remember the danish transfer window doesn't end before the third, so time to get replacements.

Santin and Bolanos also on their way out from what I can read. And you just sold Larsson (I did write "stars")
Jay Spearing has joined Bolton Wanderers on a season-long loan.

The 23-year-old will spend the whole of 2012-13 with Owen Coyle's side as they attempt to bounce back into the Barclays Premier League.

Clegg

Ian McEwan - Atonement.
J.M. Coetzee - Disgrace.
Jennifer Egan - A Visit From the Goon Squad.
Alison Bechdel - Fun Home.
Chris Cleave - Gold.
Robert Adamson - The Goldfinches of Baghdad.

McEwan and Bechdel interest me. Coetzee's book is tedious and bleak little moral experiment. Cleave is a twee sentimentalist, and Adamson is not even the best poet of his clique. Egan's book doesn't really go anywhere: it's a Tom Perrotta bad-decisions-in-modern-America thing without the structure of those books.

TBH the only book I've read from that list is Atonement.

I like his writing but the plot did nothing for me.

Mastadon

Banned
Sami Mokbel ‏@SamiMokbel81_DM
#LFC weighing up Leandro Damiao. Been offered the option of season long loan at cost of £3m. Option to sign him on perm for £13m next summer

He's looked shit every time I've seen him. Seems to be able to put the ball away though so sure, why not.

he's coming home!!!

yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!yes!

FUCKING YES!
Congrats. Still won't be enough for a CL/EL spot (that's just my realistic assessment). Serves you right for robbing us of a EL spot on the last day some 4 season ago :p

So, Leverkusen really let Yesil go, what the fuck. They have a buy back option under certain conditions, though. Considering that shitty deal, it's probably a buy back option for when he fails lol
Ah, I thought so. Interesting.

Kyoufu

Man. Today is going to be shit.

All these clubs strengthening around us while we do absolutely nothing.

Everton are going to be the success story of the season btw. Got a good feeling about them.

Wes

venison crêpe
A1naDFPCEAETU-q.jpg

Lightning

Banned

Everton are going to be the success story of the season btw. Got a good feeling about them.
You will do something. Sell one of your players without replacing to make Ashley happy. Lol

Hixx

Jenas isn't shit but what the fuck is the point in signing him - we already have Vaughan and Meyler in the 'oh shit someone kicked him is he going to die' stable of midfielders...

One or both of them must be going then.

Cattermole
Colback
Gardner
Vaughan
Meyler
Jenas.

6 into 2 doesn't go. Need a quality CM in January, hopefully we'll be in the top 10 to encourage Short to spend a bit more. Our CM options are a bit shit. Cattermole is really underrated and Colback is getting better but neither of them do much going forward.

Maybe he'll turn us down. Didn't like the footballing culture in the North East when he was at the skunks, by all accounts. Or maybe he just disliked them, who could blame him?

Wes

venison crêpe
Levy going for Butland if Lloris unavailable. Also if Moutinho not available, Sissokko from Toulouse.

(Mirror)

All you need is Cisse
All you need is Cisse
All you need is Cisse, Cisse
Cisse's all you need

cisse7cu7h.gif

btw.: de Jong has been pretty shitty in Gladbach so far

fuenf

So, Leverkusen really let Yesil go, what the fuck. They have a buy back option under certain conditions, though. Considering that shitty deal, it's probably a buy back option for when he fails lol

That's why they'll always be Vizekusen, i mean their summer has to be one of the worst. They could've gotten 30m for Schürrle, 25 for Bender and didnt do it. I doubt that the two will ever be worth more than that and even with them Leverkusen wont win shit. They should've sold at least one of them, and used the money to buy a few more quality players (/keep Yesil).

So Jenas going, Rose gone on loan and VdV rumoured to be off.

....we're literally going to have no one left soon, just AVB, Sandro and Dembele. I know those two would scare most opposition but come on...

dc89

I remember last year they made a big deal of Jim White turning up for work.

"Jim White is in the building" and they filmed him lol. Pretty sure that's what they did.

Kyoufu

....we're literally going to have no one left soon, just AVB, Sandro and Dembele. I know those two would scare most opposition but come on...

You signed Vertonghen, Sigurdsson, Adebayor, Dembele and probably more I forgot to mention.

I remember last year they made a big deal of Jim White turning up for work.

"Jim White is in the building" and they filmed him lol. Pretty sure that's what they did.

Yep, remember that, filmed him walking in the building with his bag, then had a massive build up to him coming on.

Also did anyone notice one of the adverts they just had? "Helicopter magazine" :D

Cuddler

You guys are all laughing at Scholes right now, but let's see who will laugh in the end...wait, I mean Bendtner, not Scholes, Bendtner.

pappe

Getting rid of Modric and VDV in the same transfer window?? WTF is AVB doing??

Yea they signed Dembele and Gylfi but they are nowhere near the same ability. Gylfi is very much unproven and only had 6 good months and Dembele is a big question mark.

Hixx

Villa went from having a bid accepted to being told no in the space of 30 minutes.

If only all transfer stories were that quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom