• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Who knows what it is? I sure as hell don't. I don't even know if we are ever actually interested in or make bids for half the players we are linked with! I just can't believe we let Song go and didn't sign a replacement. Seems absolutely mental to me.

Its unbelievable considering the options available.

Arnie

That's actually an interesting point. He'd make a big difference here -- when they're clearly hoping to expand the team's brand into this country.

Exactly. Sequence of events goes as follows:

- US person watched LFC documentary on Fox.
- US person interest in soccer at an all time high.
- US person googles Liverpool and sees the USNT's best player plays for Liverpool
- US person buy Dempsey shirt

Anyone got Ian Ayre's mobile number?

I could just munch that, keema naan for me though.
Something about meat inside a naan freaks me the fuck out.

Mastadon

Banned
No it's not embarrassing. We are rightfully resetting our overspending ways. Hopefully we do a deal, but at least this will help us get better value in the future.

The embarrassment has been the last few years of paying top dollar for shit.

I can't comprehend this logic. 7m is hardly an exorbitant fee in this situation. With no attacking additions, our already slim chance of getting top 4 becomes anorexic, which has a direct impact of the revenue and profitability of the club.

Especially given the fact we've cleared up a good amount of wages and moved on some deadwood.

Nope. Lloris has had his medical but the fee needs to be finalised with Lyon. Moutinho is on/off/on/off.

I'm hoping the Moutinho thing broke down because we(Zenit) offered more money. Since the russian transfer deadline isn't ending for a while we could still be patient and get him later this week.

Salvadora

At this point I'd take a highly rated 17 year old DM from Uzbekistan for 3m if that's what our option was instead of nothing.

I think Bungie brought up Frimpong earlier but he is nowhere near ready. I am afraid Wenger will drop Arteta back and our goal problem will continue.

flyover

No it's not embarrassing. We are rightfully resetting our overspending ways. Hopefully we do a deal, but at least this will help us get better value in the future.

That's how I feel, too. They're thinking long-term, which is about the least fun thing for a fan to witness in the moment, but I get it.

Fergie

Banned
Can't really blame Liverpool for being a bit wary with their cash after Kenny essentially threw 70M down the drain.
Madness. A lot of teams would cream themselves with a 70million transfer budget. Not buy English players with dat 'English tax'.

At least Rodgers is going the better way, playing good football aswell.

Chicken Tikka Masala. Chips instead of rice. Peshwari naan. couple of popadoms.

7RA55.gif

Good taste.

Empty

just catching up with the match

god falcao is the coolest. first half hattrick while making chelsea look like mugs. what a beautiful man.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'm hoping the Moutinho thing broke down because we(Zenit) offered more money. Since the russian transfer deadline isn't ending for a while we could still be patient and get him later this week.

I think Moutinho wants to both work with AVB and play in the PL. I'm sure he will leave this summer even of its not to Spurs.

Chelsea can't defend a simple FK.

LTWheels

I can't comprehend this logic. 7m is hardly an exorbitant fee in this situation. With no attacking additions, our already slim chance of getting top 4 becomes anorexic, which has a direct impact of the revenue and profitability of the club.

Especially given the fact we've cleared up a good amount of wages and moved on some deadwood.

I hope it's just a big game of chicken.

Plasma

Banned
The thing that is the most annoying is that we sold Song of our own free will, we weren't forced into it like the RVP transfer.

We've had enough time to bring in a replacement but it seems like Wenger is happy to rely on Diaby to fill the gap despite not having properly played for us for over a year.

There has to be something else going on at the club other than Wenger not wanting to buy players, surely if the money is there he would have gone out and bought somebody.

Darth Sonik

we need more FPS games

I agree in this case it is needed. I think Dempsey would be a great addition. But we shouldn't be getting ripped off with every transfer.

Salvadora

The thing that is the most annoying is that we sold Song of our own free will, we weren't forced into it like the RVP transfer.

We've had enough time to bring in a replacement but it seems like Wenger is happy to rely on Diaby to fill the gap despite not having properly played for us for over a year.

There has to be something else going on at the club other than Wenger not wanting to buy players, surely if the money is there he would have gone out and bought somebody.

Someone brought up stadium debt earlier but there is no way on earth we are in such a dire financial situation. Relying on Diaby is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Don't say that Bungie. I'm still a believer.

No interview but Tony Parks did one out of his car window earlier.

Meier

That's how I feel, too. They're thinking long-term, which is about the least fun thing for a fan to witness in the moment, but I get it.

Going to disagree with you here. Helping the LFC brand in the US would be the long-term thinking. Lets assume they offered £5m and Fulham want £7m. I can guarantee you that the increased brand recognition in the US, the added shirt sales, etc. are worth £2m. For comparison, that's about 30 seconds of ad time ($3m) during the Super Bowl.

Dempsey is an immediate upgrade for Liverpool at a cut-rate price given his ability and recent history. I hope it gets worked out because it benefits everyone involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom