• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT3| Two-sided triangles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATF487

Short-term, it may hurt them. But he wasn't part of their long-term plans, and his value may even get lower -- particularly if he gets injured. And they just want to clean house. They probably have replacements in mind, but they aren't going to make signings just for their own sake, thus no replacement from outside right now. I liked having him on the team (edit: and I personally wish they'd managed to go out and get someone), but I understand.

I didn't mind the loan in theory but I thought we would have some sort of replacement lined up. The team jettisoned a lot of the attacking options from last year but didn't really replace them with players likely to get some first team playing time.

I don't think the loan is a bad idea with regards to his resale value but we didn't do anything to help our lack of goal scoring last season

qindarka

Banned
Falcao just signed for Atletico for 40 million pounds last season. They won't let him leave so easily and if he does, he will cost a bomb.

No incoming players? What a massive fuck up. Suarez and Borini as our only options?

I can't even comprehend the thought process here.

Ridiculous. Can't help thinking Rodgers dug his own grave with Carroll though, he probably either expected Borini to bang goals immediately or thought he would get to sign Sturridge/Dempsey to help with scoring duties.

So he just made sure Carroll had no choice but to leave and now the pressure is pretty much on Borini. It's not as if Suarez will improve his finishing tremendously.

LTWheels

Little bit of perspective. Deadline day looks like a blowout, but we managed to keep Agger, Skrtel and Suarez, we've got Borini (talented young Italian international), Assaidi, Allen, Yesil, and Sahin.

We've also managed to clear out Adam, Spearing and Carroll.

Think what it would have been like had Comolli still been around...

We need goal scorers. Borini is unproven in the prem and unless he's played in the centre I can't see him score many. Suarez is too inconsistent. Few injuries, then we will have to rely on youth players.

Mastadon

Banned
Little bit of perspective. Deadline day looks like a blowout, but we managed to keep Agger, Skrtel and Suarez, we've got Borini (talented young Italian international), Assaidi, Allen, Yesil, and Sahin.

We've also managed to clear out Adam, Spearing and Carroll.

Think what it would have been like had Comolli still been around...

Of course, but why let Carroll go if there's no one to replace him? What happens if Suarez picks up an injury or another 8 game ban?

There's literally no contingency plan. No point saving 80k a week if you ain't doing anything with it.

Falcao just signed for Atletico for 40 million pounds last season. They won't let him leave so easily and if he does, he will cost a bomb.

Obviously he isn't going to be sold this transfer window, but wouldn't be surprised if they let him go sooner rather than later, they are financially fucked and owe so much taxes.

Snakeyes

Wow holy shit, Froggie buy this man!!

Give them Nani and Andesron and throw in Macheda.

Falcagawa?

not_bad-s552x386-2754z4soq.jpg

flyover

Another option for Liverpool is to start Gerrard in the front trio and Henderson in the midfield ('til Lucas is back). Could work well with Rodgers' system, and he'd immediately be their best finisher up front.

FuturusX

Dempsey to Liverpool is posturing..He'll sign 5 to midnight...for better (I hope so I guess) or worse...

EDIT: Ooops - And then Liverpool will realize that the window shuts at 11pm...and the deal will void

hazard, mata and oscar; three attacking midfielders. worst transfer policy in the world.

You're ridiculous and I know mostly trolling, but going to respond seriously anyway. Hazard has played far more on the wing in his career and Oscar is also more than capable of playing the right wing. Chelsea has had to exploit their title as champions league winners and get in the best they could, their transfer policy in recent times has been questionable but not sure how you can talk too much shit about buying Hazard and Oscar.

Also PSG.

Wes

venison crêpe
5Live are organising a Sneijder to Arsenal rumour just to see how far it spreads in a few hours so ignore any of that if you read it!

flyover

Dempsey to Liverpool is posturing..He'll sign 5 to midnight...for better (I hope so I guess) or worse...

Yeah, I find it hard to believe Fulham wouldn't want to get something for him before his contract's up, especially if they now think he's superfluous.

Salvadora

Liverpool and Fulham are in talks to thrash out a last-ditch deal for Dempsey. The Anfield club made a straight cash offer for the 29-year-old United States forward on Friday afternoon.

It came in below Fulham's valuation and was rejected but talks continue to reach a compromise closer to the £7m valuation.
Liverpool won't pay £7m?

Bumhead

Banned
Woa, Falcao has a £50m buy out clause?

Given the money some teams are or at least have been splashing in recent times, there's a couple of clubs who could do way, way worse than just pay up for that.

Obviously he isn't going to be sold this transfer window, but wouldn't be surprised if they let him go sooner rather than later, they are financially fucked and owe so much taxes.

I think he has a release clause of 75 million euros so if he keeps playing like this he'll be gone even if Atletico want to keep him.

LTWheels

Another option for Liverpool is to start Gerrard in the front trio and Henderson in the midfield ('til Lucas is back). Could work well with Rodgers' system, and he'd immediately be their best finisher up front.

Gerrard is starting to be past it. Struggles to last a whole 90 and is injury prone as well now days.

bud

You're ridiculous and I know mostly trolling, but going to respond seriously anyway. Hazard has played far more on the wing in his career and Oscar is also more than capable of playing the right wing. Chelsea has had to exploit their title as champions league winners and get in the best they could, their transfer policy in recent times has been questionable but not sure how you can talk too much shit about buying Hazard and Oscar.

Also PSG.

that doesn't really matter because they're all cutting inside. there's barely any width in the way they're playing.

ATF487

The owners might be short cash at the moment...They got rid of 250 million dollars in future wage payments over the next few years with the Red Sox, but they paid about 12 million to dump those contracts on the Dodgers. Most of the fees from players we've sold have been small but Allen and Borini were brought in for 25 million pounds.

Still, haggling over 3m or so (since Adam brought in 4 a few hours ago) appears to be the definition of penny wise, pound foolish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom